Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: PTF: provincial titles’ fix for SSHIP 0.9.2 (included in 097+)

Default Re: PTF: provincial titles’ fix for SSHIP 0.9.2

Oops, maybe I need to download newest version .

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Guys,
    now another request: the titles for the British islands' PTs. What do you propose historically? Duke of ... in which cases? Preemptively: I'm against using to many of the local names, as you know, eg. concerning Poland and Hungary only Latin names were used. So I don't think very Scottish / Irish names should be used.
    Attachment 344421

And this is proposal for France, given my knowledge on the country and after balancing the numbers according to the rules
    Attachment 344423

Hi, nice mod.

Not sure if this helps but playing as England usually edit so I get the following titles;
    London - Duke of Lancaster (like this title in my game but would suggest Earl of Arundel or Richmond)
    Norwich - Duke of Norfolk
    Bristol - Duke of Cornwall (like this title in my game but would suggest Earl of Bristol)
    Lincoln - Earl of Warwick (like this title in my game but would suggest Earl of Lincoln)
    York - Duke of York
    Caernarvon - Prince of Wales
    Edinburgh - Duke of Edinburgh
    Inverness - Earl of Inverness
    Dublin - Duke of Dublin or Lord of Ireland

Rennes - Duke of Brittany
    Rouen - Duke of Normandy
    Angers - Count of Anjou
    Bordeaux - Duke of Aquitaine
    Jerusalem - King of Jerusalem

Would also be really cool if had following for faction leader;
    All regions in England + Wales controlled = King of England
    All regions in England + Wales + Dublin controlled = King of England; & King of Ireland

I think the Kings of England used to call themselves King of England; Ireland & France!!!

Finally, not sure if this is of interest but there is a region mod on MTWII Darthmod where priests get traits which is pretty good;
    York = Archbishop of York
    London = Archbishop of Canterbury

Just suggestions!

Following is good as well;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_earldoms
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...in_and_Ireland

Thanks

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Markmilan,
    Concerning the British islands:
    * have a look at this entry - this is going to be the balance for this part of the map. Thanks for the names. If you'd have time and wish to contribute, you could make a check if the Coats of Arms are right in the game - and for the period of 12-14th centuries (sometimes they're older, like in the case of Smolensk: there's a gun in the CoA :-)
    * on France - have a look here. I think we would work on this more. Same request concerning CoAs here.
    * The Crowns - I've worked on this in the past and I need to come back, right.
    * I haven't moded priests and it's unlikely I would. If anything, the princesses deserve more attention.

If you spot any error - please give me know.

cheers
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Hi Markmilan,
    Concerning the British islands:
    * have a look at this entry - this is going to be the balance for this part of the map. Thanks for the names. If you'd have time and wish to contribute, you could make a check if the Coats of Arms are right in the game - and for the period of 12-14th centuries (sometimes they're older, like in the case of Smolensk: there's a gun in the CoA :-)
    * on France - have a look here. I think we would work on this more. Same request concerning CoAs here.
    * The Crowns - I've worked on this in the past and I need to come back, right.
    * I haven't moded priests and it's unlikely I would. If anything, the princesses deserve more attention.

If you spot any error - please give me know.

cheers
    JoC

Hi JoC,

Sorry for the slow reply.

Your mod looks really good.

The darthmod MTWII heraldry is excellent (incs priests as well) which may be of interest to you; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-DarthMod-1-4

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Reading a book on the Polish identity in the Middle Ages, I've spotted the right names used in 13c - it's pro memoria, to be fixed in the next version of the mod.

Dux Mazoviae
    Dux Poloniae Maioris
    Dux Slesie

In 1157 there's the first instance of the title "Marchio Brandenburgensis".

BTW, the recent one is included in this packGTCS - 21.08.zip
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 08, 2018 at 08:30 AM.

Reading a book on the Polish identity in the Middle Ages, I've spotted the right names used in 13c - it's pro memoria, to be fixed in the next version of the mod.

Dux Mazoviae
    Dux Poloniae Maioris
    Dux Slesie

BTW, the recent one is included in this packGTCS - 21.08.zip
    Great work Jurand! I like that you continue with your minimods and improve sship mod, i hope see soon the next version and play it, thank for your hard work and interesant and correct historicity
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Hello Jurand! you still continue with your progress about PTF minimod?? i hope see the rest of the tittles soon...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Can you please edit the Original Post with the latest progres (all the new title fixes).

The most recent version of this minimod has been prepared as a patch for the SSHIOP 096 and you may find it in this entry. It covers 67 provincial titles.
    It was made by me with much assisstance from j.a.luna - thanks a lot to him!

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I don't understand much about this painting but your serious work impresses me. Thank you for your investment !

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I don't understand much about this painting but your serious work impresses me. Thank you for your investment !
    Green: all PTs redone - as described in the table below.
    White: PTs are the same as in the SSHIP 092. They're working, but there may be a few exceptions (ie triggers are broken so you cannot get them). Some may be overpowered, some may be not.
    In any case: the trait Titled provides benefits as described on it for all the PTs, and all PTs have positive impact on Loyalty of the generals.

A quick question. How can I pass manually the PT from a general to another? The windows in-game said that it can be done manually, but did not say how. I have a guy at 71 still not willing to die and give someone else the PT. In my Rus campaign, I even had 86 year old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmir View Post
    A quick question. How can I pass manually the PT from a general to another? The windows in-game said that it can be done manually, but did not say how. I have a guy at 71 still not willing to die and give someone else the PT. In my Rus campaign, I even had 86 year old one.
    like any other transferable ancillary: you need to have both generals in one place, click on the ancillary, hold and drop it on the other general

like any other transferable ancillary: you need to have both generals in one place, click on the ancillary, hold and drop it on the other general
    Wow, thank you very much. It really bothered me a lot. Which other ancillaries are transferable? Apothecary, Treasurer, Overseer, Mentor etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Varmir View Post
    Wow, thank you very much. It really bothered me a lot. Which other ancillaries are transferable? Apothecary, Treasurer, Overseer, Mentor etc?
    check it yourself by trial and error.

btw, given that you're getting acquainted with the Medieval 2 engine, you may be interested in this guide for the EBII - the mechanisms (but not numbers or thresholds) are usually similar in the SSHIP

check it yourself by trial and error.

btw, given that you're getting acquainted with the Medieval 2 engine, you may be interested in this guide for the EBII - the mechanisms (but not numbers or thresholds) are usually similar in the SSHIP
    Yes just checked those ancillaries. Most are not movable and rightly so. I had played Medieval 2 a lot in the past, byt SSHIP actually taught me the details of the game and to read the faction announcement pop-up at each turn

Edit JoC: the thread is closed for the minimod has been introduced in the main mod and the discussion should take place in this thread.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 17, 2021 at 05:51 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011