Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PTF: provincial titles’ fix for SSHIP 0.9.2 (included in 097+)

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: PTF: provincial titles’ fix for SSHIP 0.9.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Svir@c,
    I wondered whether the provincial names in-game are right: Lower Hungary, Upper Hungary, Pannonian Plain.
    What do you think?
    Well, from one point of view I think it's ok but (oh my God here it comes ... ), just maybe-rethink, Szekesfehervar-Balaton or West Hungary, Varad (Nagyvarad in that times)- Middle or East Hungary or Bihar region or maybe 'cause it's close to Temesvar and we don't have it yet/Banat region (not perfect ones for this province but still?!), Gyulafehervar-Erdely (Transilvania comes later on), Esztergom-Upper Hungary (actually this one with Erdely is spot on!), Zagreb - Croatia & Slavonia. Did I missed one, or??? We need Kassa, also ... hehehe ...
    Again, choose wisely!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I think for the sake of safe compatibility we need to do it in ASCII.
    So how should a transcription of ţ and đ look like ? I'd propose the following: t and d

Jarl í Borgartingslog
    Jarl í Gulatingslog
    Jarl í Vestrgautland
    Jarl í Svítjod
    Jarl í Smáland
    Jarl í Gutland
    Jarl í Skáney
    Jarl í Sjáland
    Jarl í Jótland
    I think the best thing to do is this: ţ=th and đ=d

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Svir@c View Post
    Well, from one point of view I think it's ok but (oh my God here it comes ... ), just maybe-rethink, Szekesfehervar-Balaton or West Hungary, Varad (Nagyvarad in that times)- Middle or East Hungary or Bihar region or maybe 'cause it's close to Temesvar and we don't have it yet/Banat region (not perfect ones for this province but still?!), Gyulafehervar-Erdely (Transilvania comes later on), Esztergom-Upper Hungary (actually this one with Erdely is spot on!), Zagreb - Croatia & Slavonia. Did I missed one, or??? We need Kassa, also ... hehehe ...
    Again, choose wisely!
    Hm, after having seen your second point of view, I'm rather in favour of the first
    Lower Hungary sounds better than West-Hungary, and much better than Szekesfehervar-Balaton. And we've got Upper Hungary, so Lower should be a counterpart.
    Similarly Pannonian Plain - sounds better and more geographical.
    Erdely competes with Siebenburgen, so Transilvania - taken from Latin - sounds a good compromise.
    Croatia sounds again better, Slavonia wasn't so big -most of the provinces in SSHIP are compound-provinces, so we would have to use all the time many words for one province. So simplicy argument prevails here.

However, I'm much interestested how would be Lower Hungary and Pannonian Plain in Latin and if these words were in use in Middle Ages?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Lower Hungaria = Hungariae Inferior

Pannonian Plain = Campus Pannoniae ??? (to be confirmed)
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

Yes Lift, Hungariae Inferior and Pannonicum Campi or Pannonicus Aequumin ?! Also not sure ...
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Here the next step for PTF, the PT´s EFFECTS FOR CUMANIA AND HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE

PTs EFFECTS CUMANS AND GERMANY.7z

NOTE: sorry for me delay these days but due to my real job and also the Holy Week in Spain I'm not having much time for modder...i will do all i can for improve sship asap.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Week_in_Spain

SUGGESTION FOR SSHIP TEAM: If is possible and we have time before the new release we could improve also the traits about characterizations of factions...the typical trait..."of cuman blood", "of greek blood" (+2 law, +5 siege points...) i think that these traits improve and differ a lot the differents factions with unique benefits...also i saw that for mongols dont exist this trait.."of mongol blood"(is missing trait or bug)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

No worries, real life comes first
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Here the next step for PTF, the PT´s EFFECTS FOR CUMANIA AND HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE
    SUGGESTION FOR SSHIP TEAM: If is possible and we have time before the new release we could improve also the traits about characterizations of factions...the typical trait..."of cuman blood", "of greek blood" (+2 law, +5 siege points...) i think that these traits improve and differ a lot the differents factions with unique benefits...also i saw that for mongols dont exist this trait.."of mongol blood"(is missing trait or bug)
    Thanks' j.a. - very useful, as usual! Keep on after the holidays. For the moment refrain from the Scandinavian desciptions since we still need to decide on the letters used.
    Concerning bloods - I see the point of reviewing them at some point but in a possibility distant future. It should be done from the point of the gameplay and balance with the other benefits (well, this +2 law is very powerful) so the regular traits should go first. The missing mongol trait is not a problem, I think, since not so many people would play them

Jurand, Pt,s EFFECTS FOR ALL EAST EUROPE(POLAND,RUTHENIA,HUNGARY,LITHUANIA AND RUS LANDS)

PTs EFFECTS EAST EUROPE.7z
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Now, the PTS EFFECTS AND DESCRIPTIONS FOR SCANDINAVIANS, with this 2 files i think that i just finished the all 67 beginning provinces from Jurand

NOTE: Jurand when you can tell me what is the next step

PTs DESCRIPTIONS SCANDINAVIA.7z

PTs EFFECTS SCANDINAVIA.7z
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

@ JoC, about titles and names (people), check this site (especially the bottom of the page with all names and titles ): http://heraldry.sca.org/names/arabic-naming2.htm

Edit: Damn, checking that site a bit deeper, it appears to be a golden mine for your stuff (many countries are in it)
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 14, 2017 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks, Lifth. If we use Arabic (well, the alternative is Turkish, at least for some parts of the world, including Eastern Europe), then I infere that it should be:
    Rex Bohemiae - al-Malik al-Bohemia
    Comes Silesiae - al-Amir al-Silesia
    Dux Livoniae - al-Mushir al-Livonia
    Banus Croatiae - al-Amir al-Croatia

Pro memoria (cut-and-paste from that page):

A brief note on the pronunciation of some laqabs and nisbas: the "l" in al- is elided and the first letter of the following word is substituted for the following consonants: d (ad-Duri), n (an-Najmi), r (ar-Razi), s (as-Salar), sh (ash-Shanfara), t (at-Tayyib), th (ath-Thaqafi), and z (az-Zubair). These are, however, generally still written as al-; only the pronunciation is changed.

When written as part of the name, the article "al-" precedes the title, which itself precedes the given name. Landed titles may have the titles followed by "al-" and the place name. Thus, for example, if Joseph, son of Jacob, known as the Fortunate, were King of Caid, His Arabic name and title in full would be written as: al-Malik (or al-Sultan) al-Caid Yusuf ibn Ya'qub al-Muayamman.

King Malik/Sultan
    Prince Amir
    Duke Mushir (Musaitir)
    Count Qadi
    Viscount Naquib (Naqib)
    Baron Shayk (Sheik)
    Knight Faris
    Master Mu'allim( Maulan)
    Lord Sayyid
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Blog Entries

That's also my understanding. Just for the anecdote and in addition of the "Joseph" example quoted above, the Muslim names for famous leaders could also incorporate their military "nicknames" (such as the lion of Allah f.e.) and so on. So all together, the full/entire arabic names could be very long actually
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 14, 2017 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Typo

Blog Entries

I've finally found that excel doc with regions' names and titles. It's a bit outdated (done for v0.8.2) but it might be interesting for you. I just need to find a way to post it to make it appear like a pic. Fair Prince did it by the past. So there must be a way

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

You could try to copy it into google spreadsheet and share a link.
    Or save your excel as PDF, so it would be accessible as 'pic' via PDF.
    SSHIP mini-mods :

Blog Entries

Thanks for the tip Mate. Will try

Blog Entries

Here is the list of Factions Leader and Heir Titles. Remember that it has been done for v0.8.2:

That's a bit outdated but might be useful anyway
    I'm trying to do the same for the Regions and Settlements list.

@ tmodelsk, I found another way

Edit 1: Here is the Regions and Settlements list:

I guess that you'll need to download that one. I can't get it bigger

Edit 2: About the latin translation for Pannonian Plain, I've asked Iskar who knows Latin. Here is his answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskar
    I'd say Campus Pannoniensis (Pannonian Plain) or Campus Pannoniae (Plain of Pannonia)
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 16, 2017 at 02:54 AM.

Jurand here you have the full file of 67 provinces tittle(4 files), i hope that we finished the minimod soon, in may i will have a lot of work in my real life so i hope do the work before...

67 PROVINCES.7z
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Now I’m stuck with another question: which generic names should be used.

Generic titles = titles which historically didn’t exist because the lands never fell into suzerainity of the relevant religion or we don’t know what should a correct title be (eg. Jarl i Jotland – how an orthodox title would look like ? Ribe Strategos ? Voivoda Ribeskyi? And a muslim one: Al-Amir al-Ribe?)

I’d prefer to have two sets for each religion – for a normal title plus a bit more important one.

For the moment I’ve got the following thoughts:
    · Catholic: latin: Comes and (the more important) Dux in all lands. Latin was a universal language in the catholic countries so it's simple.
    · Orthodox: actually we have two great languages which come into play: Ruthenian and Greek. We should have two systems then. For Ruthenian it would be Knyaz and Voivoda. For the Greek – Strategos and … I don’t know, tip me off please. And tell me how the case (genetivus) would look like – I’d like to replace the current “Strategos of X”.
    · Muslim: again, we have two languages: Arabic and Turkish. For Arabic Lifth has found a webpage and it’s gonna be: Al-Malik al-X and Al-Amir al-X. However, I don’t know which Turkish titles should be used and what the case would look like. Could you help?

Well, I know it’s not the most important issue to deal with – I think the provinces close to the borders may be conquered by the other religions’ factions, but how many players would go on such a conquest as Alavaria did? – but why not make these rules for the system to be neat.

/ Thanks, j.a. luna! We’re getting there with 67 provinces. Now these titles…/

Blog Entries

For Muslim factions, here are their titles with correspondance to the Catholic one (from the site you mentioned):
    Sultan: King
    Amir: Prince
    Mushir or Musaitir: Duke
    Qadi: Count
    Naquib or Naqib: Viscount
    Shayk or Sheik: Baron

From that, you just need to keep the same logic: a Count title would become Qadi (and the other way around) and so on. There's no point to make difference between "Arab" and "Turk" as basically, almost all Muslim factions represented in game have Seljuk origin. Fatimids used the same titles and I guess that it was also the same for Almoravids.