Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PTF: provincial titles’ fix for SSHIP 0.9.2 (included in 097+)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: PTF: provincial titles’ fix for SSHIP 0.9.2

Fine with me

Thanks j.a.luna for your quick answer. I'll check the list and revert asap
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 03, 2017 at 05:01 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    Yeah. While Norway, Sweden and Denmark were formed through national unification, Finland were a bunch of non-Nordic pagan tribes that were conquered by Sweden in the 12th century through a crusade.
    Ok, but what title should duke of Finland hold? I think it may come from the Swedish times (for the orthodox it'll be a Ruthenian name). The name of the province it trickier, I think - it has to be the same for everybody, but in Swedish it would be Österland, I suppose, while in Ruthenian different (I actually don't know).

The current list for Skandinavia is:
    Jarl í Borgarţingslǫg
    Jarl í Gulaţingslǫg
    Jarl í Vestrgautland
    Jarl í Svíţjóđ
    Jarl í Smáland
    Jarl í Gutland
    Jarl í Skáney
    Jarl í Sjáland
    Jarl í Jótland

Blog Entries

Yes, I think so too. Should be Jarl í Österland.

Regarding France, below the name of the regions with their respective titles:

Rennes (settlement's name to be confirmed) - Bretagne (Britany) - Duc de Bretagne (Duke of Britany)

Angers - Anjou - Cuens/Cons de Anjou (Count of Anjou)

Rouen - Normandie - Duc de Normandie (Duke of Normandy)

Poitiers - Aquitaine - Duc de Aquitaine (Duke of Aquitaine)

Bordeaux - Gascogne - Duc de Gascogne (Duke of Gascony)

Toulouse - Not sure yet, need more research - Cuens/Cons de Toulouse (Count of Toulouse)

Clermont - Auvergne - Cuens/Cons de Auvergne (Count of Auvergne) - Originally part of the Duchy of Aquitaine.

Arles - Provence - Cuens/Cons de Provence (Count of Provence) - Note that it was part of the Kingdom of Burgundy.

Lyon - Dauphiné de Viennois (County created in 1142) - Cuens/Cons de Albon-Viennois (Count of Albon-Viennois).

Nizza/Nice - Need more research. Originally part of the County of Provence

Orleans - Need more research. Originally part of the French Royal Domain.

Troyes - Need more research. Originally part of the County of Champagne - Cuens/Cons de Troyes (Count of Troyes).

Dijon - Bourgogne - Duc de Bourgogne (Duke of Burgundy) - do not confuse with the Kingdom of Burgundy

Paris - Need more research. Originally part of the French Royal Domain. The name "Ile de France" came later.

Reims (should be renamed Rheims) - Champagne - Cuens/Cons de Champagne (Count of Champagne) - Not really accurate. No Noble title found for Rheims actually, only references to the Archbishop. Need more research.

Gand - Flandre - Cuens/Cons de Flandre (Count of Flanders)
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 03, 2017 at 07:38 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Now the list of settlements for ROMAN EMPIRE,SERBIA AND SOUTH HUNGARY
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ROMAN EMPIRE, SERBIA AND SOUTH HUNGARY

-Vrhbosna
    -Ragusa
    -Skadar
    -Ras
    -Nis
    -Severin
    -Dyrrachium
    -Triadica
    -Tarnovgrad
    -Thessalonike
    -Arta
    -Korinthos
    -Khandakas
    -Adrianoupolis
    -Konstantinoupolis
    -Nikaia
    -Smyrna
    -Attaleia
    -Lefkosia
    -Sinope
    -Trapezous
    -Chersonesos

DOWNLOAD HERE:
    ROMAN EMPIRE,SERBIA AND SOUTH HUNGARY.7z
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Also the list of settlements for ANATOLIA(turks regions and armenians regions)

ANATOLIA

-Angora
    -Konya
    -Kayseri
    -Ani
    -Sivas
    -Malatya
    -Qaliqala
    -Heskif
    -Sis

DOWNLOAD HERE:
    ANATOLIA.7z

Jurand if you need that help you in other regions here i am
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

j.a.luna - just finish off the whole map - only Mesopotamia and Persia are left! This will help me with the crown of the Turks - these are potentially vast areas.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    j.a.luna - just finish off the whole map - only Mesopotamia and Persia are left! This will help me with the crown of the Turks - these are potentially vast areas.
    Ok i will do also, all russians settlements are done?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

@Lifth:
    - Jarl í Österland -ok.
    - what about the very name "Finland"?
    - France - take your time, there's no need for rush. j.a.luna provided what I need for the Crowns, the PTs will wait.
    - what should we do about the characters in the Old Norse alphabet? I’m afraid they’re not in ASCII…

@j.a.luna: yes, the Ruthenians and Cumans are done.

Ok, Guys, so the analytical part of the work on the Provincial Titles for 67 provinces are done on my part.
    Have a look at the table and comment, if any. The explanations are given in the 2nd and 4th entry to this thread.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PT_for_67provinces.pdf 
Views:	6 
Size:	282.3 KB 
ID:	344402

Example how this will look in the EA file:

¬---------------
    {dearmad_bruges} Herzog von Brabant
    {dearmad_bruges_desc} In charge of land of industrious merchants, skilled artisans and laborious peasants.
    {dearmad_bruges_effects_desc} Stupendous boost for trade income and for population growth: +1 Chivalry, +30% Trade, +2 Farming, as well as +1 Loyalty, +1 law, at the cost of: -5% tax, -1 personal security.

¬---------------
    {dearmad_halych} Comes Rutheniae Rubrae
    {dearmad_halych_desc} In charge of the rich province, vied by all neighbours. Granted fiefs around Halych.
    {dearmad_halych_effects_desc} Good governor for growth and for mines' management: +10% trade, +20% mining, +1 Popularity, as well as +1 Loyalty, +1 law, at the price of: -5% tax, -1 personal security

¬---------------
    {dearmad_thorn} Comes Gedanensis
    {dearmad_thorn_desc} In charge of the rich port-city controlling the whole trade coming through Vistula river. Granted fiefs around Gdansk.
    {dearmad_thorn_effects_desc}Stupendous boost for trade income: +30% trade, as well as +1 Loyalty, +1 law, at a price of: -5% tax, -1 personal security

67_PTs_Excel.7z
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 04, 2017 at 01:02 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

The old Norse name for Öster (East) was Austr, so I guess Austrland would be better than Österland.
    During the medieval times, only the southern part of Finland was actually called Finland. We started calling the whole area Finland in the 15th century.

ok Jurand and sship team, i just finished the whole map for list of settlements in PTF submod, now MESOPOTAMIA,PERSIA,GEORGIA AND SYRIA
    The only problem was with Al-Wasit settlement, it doesnt have ancillary nor image,need make one new

MESOPOTAMIA,PERSIA,GEORGIA AND SYRIA

-Kutaissi
    -Tbilissi
    -Bab al-Abwab
    -Baku
    -Tabriz
    -Antioch
    -Tripoli
    -Acre
    -Jerusalem
    -Aqaba
    -Dimasqh ash-Sham
    -Halab
    -Edessa
    -Ar-Raqqah
    -Al-Mawsil
    -Baghdad
    -Al-Wasit
    -Al-Basra
    -Al-Ahsa
    -Hamadan
    -Alamut
    -Ray
    -Esfahan
    -Shiraz
    -Kerman
    -Yazd
    -Nishapur
    -Merv
    -Konjikala
    -Gorganch

DOWNLOAD HERE:
    MESOPOTAMIA,PERSIA,GEORGIA AND SYRIA.7z
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Yes, you may have a look here and here, then meditate a bit, and tell us what do you think and maybe you'd have better ideas. Bear in mind that I'm pretty confident about using Latin in these titles . However, I wonder how the orthodox titles should look like. Maybe you can make a list how the Russians would call the Knyazs in these provinces.
    To be sure - the crown for the kings was called in Latin: Corona Hungariae? (we need a short name)
    So, I saw I read it! There's, really not much to add, you got it! Back then Hungarians ("high" borns-nobility) used Latin language mostly, court, writings etc... shikaka did the great jobb! A title is Corona Hungariae (Szent Korona or Holly Crown), don't know about short one but will look again for this one. Croats and Serbs have Župan (Ispán - Hungarian) in title, but there's also a Knez (Knyaz-Comes-Knyáz) in King reference, and Vojvoda, but came much latter. So, if the, one of, slav faction conquer Hungary think they've been using a Latinised title name or the (everyday average people) translations: Knez-Knyáz (maybe it will stayed the same Knéz or Comes of course), then Župan-Ispán, Vojvoda-Herceg or Kéz (Prince).
    Sorry I forgot, an interesting list of titles:

• Nádor (Regni Hungariae palatinus)
    • Országbíró (iudex curiae regis) - Judge
    • Dalmácia, Horvátország és Szlavónia bánja (regnorum Dalmatiae, Croatiae et Sclavoniae banus) - todays Croatia
    • Erdélyi vajda (vayvoda Transsilvanus) - Transilvania
    • Temesi ispán (comes Temesiensis) - Temesvar or Timisoara
    • Pozsonyi ispán (comes Posoniensis) - Bratislava
    Last edited by Svir@c; April 04, 2017 at 03:12 AM.
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Quote Originally Posted by Svir@c View Post
    Hungarians ("high" borns-nobility) used Latin language mostly, court, writings etc...
    A title is Corona Hungariae (Szent Korona or Holly Crown), don't know about short one but will look again for this one.
    Croats and Serbs have Župan (Ispán - Hungarian) in title, but there's also a Knez (Knyaz-Comes-Knyáz) in King reference, and Vojvoda, but came much latter. So, if the, one of, slav faction conquer Hungary think they've been using a Latinised title name or the (everyday average people) translations: Knez-Knyáz (maybe it will stayed the same Knéz or Comes of course), then Župan-Ispán, Vojvoda-Herceg or Kéz (Prince).
    Crown: Corona Hungariae
    PTs for the orthodox: Knyaz, as usual.
    PTs for the catholics - Comes, as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Svir@c View Post
    Sorry I forgot, an interesting list of titles:

• Nádor (Regni Hungariae palatinus)
    • Országbíró (iudex curiae regis) - Judge
    • Dalmácia, Horvátország és Szlavónia bánja (regnorum Dalmatiae, Croatiae et Sclavoniae banus) - todays Croatia
    • Erdélyi vajda (vayvoda Transsilvanus) - Transilvania
    • Temesi ispán (comes Temesiensis) - Temesvar or Timisoara
    • Pozsonyi ispán (comes Posoniensis) - Bratislava
    Perhaps to be used sometime in future. Pozsony, Temesvar are not on the map, the other are offices. Actually, Hungary is now exceptional to have it's own version of office - Palatinus. But the offices are something different, not provincial titles or crowns.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 04, 2017 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Yes, I think so too. Should be Jarl í Österland.

Regarding France, below the name of the regions with their respective titles:

Rennes (settlement's name to be confirmed) - Bretagne (Britany) - Duc de Bretagne (Duke of Britany)

Angers - Anjou - Cuens/Cons de Anjou (Count of Anjou)

Rouen - Normandie - Duc de Normandie (Duke of Normandy)

Poitiers - Aquitaine - Duc de Aquitaine (Duke of Aquitaine)

Bordeaux - Gascogne - Duc de Gascogne (Duke of Gascony)

Toulouse - Not sure yet, need more research - Cuens/Cons de Toulouse (Count of Toulouse)

Clermont - Auvergne - Cuens/Cons de Auvergne (Count of Auvergne) - Originally part of the Duchy of Aquitaine.

Arles - Provence - Cuens/Cons de Provence (Count of Provence) - Note that it was part of the Kingdom of Burgundy.

Lyon - Dauphiné de Viennois (County created in 1142) - Cuens/Cons de Albon-Viennois (Count of Albon-Viennois).

Nizza/Nice - Need more research. Originally part of the County of Provence

Orleans - Need more research. Originally part of the French Royal Domain.

Troyes - Need more research. Originally part of the County of Champagne - Cuens/Cons de Troyes (Count of Troyes).

Dijon - Bourgogne - Duc de Bourgogne (Duke of Burgundy) - do not confuse with the Kingdom of Burgundy

Paris - Need more research. Originally part of the French Royal Domain. The name "Ile de France" came later.

Reims (should be renamed Rheims) - Champagne - Cuens/Cons de Champagne (Count of Champagne) - Not really accurate. No Noble title found for Rheims actually, only references to the Archbishop. Need more research.

Gand - Flandre - Cuens/Cons de Flandre (Count of Flanders)
    Lifth, I'd also like you writing what respective provinces are famous for, what would be reflected in the benefits, as described elsewhere, you know.

Blog Entries

Like in the example you PMed me?
    Ok, will try.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to find the right "French" for the titles and regions. To keep things simple, there were 2 main languages in France during the 12th century: the language of oďl (spoken in half North) and the language of oc (spoken in half South). Both had numerous local versions. On top of that, there's the Old French (oďl language spoken from 9th-10th century to the 1st half of the 14th century) and the Middle French (oďl language spoken from the 2nd half of the 14th century to the Renaissance period). The changes from one to the other wasn't straight but took place slowly.

So, I'm focusing on the Old French, especially the one from Paris region. I think I've found some good sources but that might take a while to go throught them as ironically the old French is more difficult to understand for French people than for foreigners

Just have a look at this document and you'll know - the descriptions is what I need.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PT_for_67provinces.pdf 
Views:	10 
Size:	282.3 KB 
ID:	344413

Blog Entries

Got it

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

i dont know if is possible ( i bet is not ) is a way to have city names according to what faction you are playing? not that is much difference just for immersion. And i know that i have no word but i would prefer the english names at least next to the native name. A city was called different dippented who you were. all the names as a result were paraphrese of the original / nattive. so english alphabet is somewhat the middle way. I you are not intended to, at least could you keep tracking of the changes for a possible submod??

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    i dont know if is possible ( i bet is not ) is a way to have city names according to what faction you are playing? not that is much difference just for immersion. And i know that i have no word but i would prefer the english names at least next to the native name. A city was called different dippented who you were. all the names as a result were paraphrese of the original / nattive. so english alphabet is somewhat the middle way. I you are not intended to, at least could you keep tracking of the changes for a possible submod??
    Well, I share your feelings about immersion - it's why I've started modding ;-)
    Sadly, I don't know about the city names. I believe it's possible, but somebody else should answer. I'm just modding generals' traits and ancillaries. As far as titles are concerned (ancillaries) it'd be possible, but I don't think it's worth so much effort. And already almost 200 settlements is a heavy burden.

I think that Lifth or MWY already changed the names of cities according tolo factions...for example the spanish city of cordoba when it is in muslims hand its name is qurtuba...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

j.a.luna is right. MWY did it. Though, I don't know which file(s) does that