Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PTF: provincial titles’ fix for SSHIP 0.9.2 (included in 097+)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: PTF: provincial titles’ fix for SSHIP 0.9.2

Great!!! Exactly what I wanted to know
    Now we just need to check if the game can handle the special letters unless people prefer to stick with the English version
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Just tell me if any of the letters don't work, and I'll tell you a game-friendly alternative. By the way, won't Gigantus' minimod fix that problem?

Blog Entries

Not sure it fixes the "nordic" letters. I have to test it
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Now we just need to check if the game can handle the special letters unless people prefer to stick with the English version
    In the languages, we usually don't use the word 'of', so when it comes to for example 'Jarl of Svealand', it would most often be 'Jarl in Svealand/Jarl í Svíţjóđ'.
    i prefer Jarl in Svealand, so better in english, i think that for not scandinavian people is better to understand it,
    "Jarl í Svíţjóđ'." with this only understand Jarl hahahaha, is how if you put arabic letters for us
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

That's a good way to learn another language

Thanks for your input. As said, it depends what most of the people prefer
    Another option "in between" could be the game-friendly way that Elgrimr has mentionned.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    Sigtuna - Uppland (Uppland didn't exist as a region until the late 13th century, so I'm not sure what to do)
    Too bad CA didn't add Sweden to the game. Now there's nobody to use the Swedish cities (except if you conquer it).
    In the old good Battle for the Baltics I've played Sweden. There're cool units, but King of Norway bug has stopped me from playing more.

Thanks, Eldgrimr, for your input! Very appreciated. I think the province names are ok. I'd go for Svíţjóđ insted of Uppland (I've already proposed it in the thread in the form of Svitjod). I'm in favour of the old script.
    Eldgrimr - if you can write a paragraph how to read those old letters then I'd include it into the information entry of my submod.

For the Ortodox names I'm going to use the system: Knyaz + province + suffix: sky. Eg: Knayz Skáneysky, Knayz Gulaţingslǫgsky.
    I have no idea how to make genetivus for the Muslim names though. Emir of Gulaţingslǫg ?

Blog Entries

For Russian factions, it should be Knyaz + province + suffix 'skyi. Your example would be Knyaz Gulaţingslǫg'skyi.

For Muslim factions, until we can find something better, I'd stick as you mentionned

Here's a simple way to read the unique letters in the names:
    Ţ/ţ = Hard '"th" sound like in "thin"
    Đ/đ = Soft "th" sound like in "then"
    Ó/ó = "o" sound like in "tool"
    Ǫ/ǫ = "o" sound like in "coffee"
    Í/í = "e" sound like in "feet"

@ Eldgrimr - thanks, I've put it into the entry. I've got a question. Norđmans Konungr means King of Northmen. However, how would you call "Crown of". Like in Poland I've got Rex Poloniae, but the crown is "Corona Poloniae".
    @ Lifth - you're right, -skyi
    @ j.a.luna - for the ease of the players I'm going to add in the descriptions "Granted fiefs around X" where X is the name of the settlment in the province. eg. Jarl í Svíţjóđ: "Granted fiefs around Sigtuna".

Everybody else: why not to do similar things for other regions? Poland I can do myself, HRR we can do together, France perhaps Lifht, but Hungary, Ruthenia, Lithuania, Cumania also need fresh ideas. Not to mention Muslim factions.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 31, 2017 at 02:44 PM.

Jurand a little question about tittles...for pagans factions like mongols,cumans and lithuanians,what is the name for the tittle? Lord of...? I think that could be ''chieftain of...''
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Norđmans Konungr is grammatically incorrect, it's a bit too literal. In my opinion, the best title would be Norrœn konungr (Northern king). Bear in mind that I am not an expert, so if someone knows better Old Norse, then you're welcome to correct me.
    I can't seem to find an old Norse word for "crown", probably because we borrowed that word from the Germans.

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

Hungary, somebody mention Magyarország!?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

I continue improving and working in PTF submod...tonight the list of settlements for BRITISH ISLANDS
    Note: the only problem is that i didnt find the correct files for Obar Dheathain(Aberdeen), i think that is confused with the Coimbra settlement...

BRITISH ISLANDS

-London
    -Norwich
    -Bristol
    -Lincoln
    -Kaerenarvon
    -York
    -Dun Eideann
    -Obar Dheathain
    -Duibhlinn

DOWNLOAD HERE
    BRITISH ISLANDS.7z
    I will continue with other regions as France, Italy, North Africa...
    Last edited by j.a.luna; March 31, 2017 at 06:46 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Besides tonight I have also been able to finish the list of settlements for all ITALY
    NOTE:settlements as Reggio di Calabria,Venezsia and Milan have double and different coat of arms...

ITALY

-Genova
    -Milan
    -Verona
    -Pisa
    -Venezsia
    -Bologna
    -Firenze
    -Ancona
    -Roma
    -Napoli
    -Bari
    -Reggio di Calabria
    -Palermu
    -Casteddu

DOWNLOAD HERE
    ITALY.7z
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by Svir@c View Post
    Hungary, somebody mention Magyarország!?
    Yes, you may have a look here and here, then meditate a bit, and tell us what do you think and maybe you'd have better ideas. Bear in mind that I'm pretty confident about using Latin in these titles . However, I wonder how the orthodox titles should look like. Maybe you can make a list how the Russians would call the Knyazs in these provinces.
    To be sure - the crown for the kings was called in Latin: Corona Hungariae? (we need a short name)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    Norđmans Konungr is grammatically incorrect, it's a bit too literal. In my opinion, the best title would be Norrœn konungr (Northern king). Bear in mind that I am not an expert, so if someone knows better Old Norse, then you're welcome to correct me.
    I can't seem to find an old Norse word for "crown", probably because we borrowed that word from the Germans.
    Good. How then is this borrowed from the Germans word? (to have an option to chose from)

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Jurand a little question about tittles...for pagans factions like mongols,cumans and lithuanians,what is the name for the tittle? Lord of...? I think that could be ''chieftain of...''
    The problem is there're are only catholic, orthodox and muslim titles in the game. So they have to use one of them, I think they use orthodox ones, but I haven't checked it.
    Britanin, Italy, Spain - great! we'll make use of it down the road. I hope you've checked the map accrodingly so that "no province is left behind" ;-)
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 31, 2017 at 10:16 PM.

Blog Entries

In the case of a Russian faction conquering Hungary, the title should be still knyaz.

On a side note, quite a lot of Germans settled in Scandinavia during the Middle Ages

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    In the case of a Russian faction conquering Hungary, the title should be still knyaz.
    Yes, but how did the Ruthenians called eg Varad? We may use "Knayz Varadskyi", but maybe they had a special name?
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Blog Entries

I guess for now you can keep the initial name until we find out. It might take a while to find all settlements' names for each culture (if possible )

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Good. How then is this borrowed from the Germans word? (to have an option to chose from)
    I can't seem to find any old Swedish/Norwegian/Danish word for it, but it seems to have been borrowed from "krone".

Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    The problem is there're are only catholic, orthodox and muslim titles in the game. So they have to use one of them, I think they use orthodox ones, but I haven't checked it.
    Britanin, Italy, Spain - great! we'll make use of it down the road. I hope you've checked the map accrodingly so that "no province is left behind" ;-)
    mmm ok it is a pity...but for romans(byzantines), no is more correct the tittle of dux or strategos of...than knyaz of...(this is more for russians)
    When you begin for iberian peninsula tittles i will have the correct tittles hehe
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,