Thread: Aztecs OP?

Icon6 Aztecs OP?

Hey, first I want to say that this is my favority mod of all. I just love the pike and shot era, and this mod does it perfectly. I was having the most amusing campaing with Venice, but them I decided to invade the Americas.

To my surprise, a half stack Aztec army destroyed my own army, wich had heavy cav, cannons, musketeers, etc... Theres any way to make the natives weak, as they were in "real life". Cause I realy wanted to conquer the Americas, just like the Europeans did, but their armies are so strong that this would never work.

Also, the AI is aways so passive? Not that I'm complaing, just curious if I installed anything wrong.

Thank you very much for this glorious mod.

Default Re: Aztecs OP?

Biggest reasons the Aztecs fell were the diseases Europeans brought over. Also Cortez united all the smaller enemies of the Aztec together to fight them. Yes guns, steel, and horses were factors as well, but I'm not sure the scenario your describing is actually so inaccurate.

lakota's Avatar Libertus

90% of us were killed to disease because the Europeans didn't bath and had unhealthy medical practices

The remaining 9% took 400 years to subdue and kill off

But we're still here, the oppressors worst nightmare!

Without small pox and Tlaxcala help, Aztecs wouldn't have fall.

Too True

True that they were killed almost entirely by disease, and also true that Europeans weren't very sanitary, but that still has nothing to do with why the diseases were so deadly. Native Americans simply had no immunity to old world diseases, which they had never encountered before. So whether the invaders were sanitary or not it wouldn't have made a difference, and whether they were European or not would have made no difference as anyone from the old world could have carried these diseases to the new world. Still one of the greatest historical tragedies ever, don't get me wrong, but after exposure to these diseases it was sadly an inevitability that they would run rampant in the native population just as they had in Europe in centuries past.
    Is fearr Gaeilge bhriste ná Béarla cliste