Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld (HBO series) (Season 2 Trailer)

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    You are right, but there's a full plate armor right next to it as well as a roman statue and a lot of Romanesque masks.

I'm thinking its a easter egg from the movie's romanworld and medievalworld.
    I think so too. Yul was in the basement and props left over from other (earlier) parks maybe?.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I think so too. Yul was in the basement and props left over from other (earlier) parks maybe?.
    Maybe Yul was the one who killed Arnold
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Blog Entries

Maybe..

Nice episode...

I suppose that

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Dexter is also a host. Would remove the last issue with William=Harris.
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Well I DID NOT see that one coming, like, at all.

So sexy board member is a host too I guess, or how did he get the "blood sacrifice" reference?

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So sexy board member is a host too I guess, or how did he get the "blood sacrifice" reference?
    She had that robot in the room with her remember? The robot recorded the convo and relayed it to Anthony Hopkins. Theresa was the sacrifice- she was attempting not only to undermine Ford through stealing the data, but she was screwing over the company as well, who have a strict policy on their IP staying in the park. They are so paranoid about their IP that they are willing to kill someone to prevent it from being stolen. Imagine how powerful this company probably is. They could theoretically swap anyone out in the real world with a robot and no one would know.

I believe now that the only people who are not robots are Ford, the Board, and the guests in park. Its possible the entire Q&A team, maintenance and even the quick reaction team are robots and think they are human.

its now even possible that Arnold is Bernard, or looked like him when he died. If you listen closely to the words spoken inside the head of Dolores "Kill him!" they are the actor's voice with an additional pitch over it to lower it down a notch. It would also explain why he didn't see himself in the photo and instead thought that Ford's dad was Arnold. After all the robots see nothing.
    Last edited by RedGuard; November 14, 2016 at 04:07 PM.

Citizen

Yeah..

Do you think that that host being constructed is going to be Theresa?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Is it time to start calling who is human and who is android?. My money's on Bernard is an android, for starters.
    Called it...

The guy sitting on the bed? There's no reason to assume hosts can't still absorb what's going on around them even when seemingly turned off.

Yeah..

Do you think that that host being constructed is going to be Theresa?
    That would be my guess. Or they just make a robot thats entirely different and tell everyone she resigned. Ford was making a new one when she died. Would be poetic if that was her being built.

Citizen

Called it...
    Yeah, I was not as surprised about bernard (Still did not see it coming) as I was about Theresa.

Also "Confederados" is my new favorite word.

confederaosconfederadosconfederadosconfederadosconferados
    Last edited by Påsan; November 14, 2016 at 05:47 PM.

Can't a human be killed by those gatling gun projectiles?

While suspension of disbelief has been lost for me re the way they present AI (we won't have this, likely ever), i think the show is building up to a hellish situation.

Any official info on how many eps are left, and anything announced on new season(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    She had that robot in the room with her remember? The robot recorded the convo and relayed it to Anthony Hopkins. Theresa was the sacrifice- she was attempting not only to undermine Ford through stealing the data, but she was screwing over the company as well, who have a strict policy on their IP staying in the park. They are so paranoid about their IP that they are willing to kill someone to prevent it from being stolen. Imagine how powerful this company probably is. They could theoretically swap anyone out in the real world with a robot and no one would know.

I believe now that the only people who are not robots are Ford, the Board, and the guests in park. Its possible the entire Q&A team, maintenance and even the quick reaction team are robots and think they are human.

its now even possible that Arnold is Bernard, or looked like him when he died. If you listen closely to the words spoken inside the head of Dolores "Kill him!" they are the actor's voice with an additional pitch over it to lower it down a notch. It would also explain why he didn't see himself in the photo and instead thought that Ford's dad was Arnold. After all the robots see nothing.
    I am a bit suspicious on the whole Arnold angle. We don't get to know of his existence by anyone other than Ford, so in theory Arnold may again be a robot made by Ford, used later on by Ford to examine deeper stuff with other robots. I mean we did see him building a rather imposing structure in the desert, so he is god in that place.
    Besides, Ford tells Bernard (a robot) pretty much the same things he says he was telling Arnold re the robots. Maybe he feels lonely as a god, so created a friend :p

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Can't a human be killed by those gatling gun projectiles?

While suspension of disbelief has been lost for me re the way they present AI (we won't have this, likely ever), i think the show is building up to a hellish situation.

Any official info on how many eps are left, and anything announced on new season(s)?
    The explonation is smart bullets that exsplodes right before they are about to hit guests. I dobt see how the gatling differs from the usual guns.

The explonation is smart bullets that exsplodes right before they are about to hit guests. I dobt see how the gatling differs from the usual guns.
    Logistically this would be even harder to have without risking harm to guests. Remember how William was pushed back by the impact of the bullet

Yes the show has been terrible in explaining how the guns works.

Second season has been confirmed i belive. And it should be 10 episodes per season.

Btw it is obvious the plot is leading to something bad. Allthough i have some gripes with how they gave full inteligence and control to Maeve so easy.

yeah the maeve thing is seeming too much like a Deus ex Machina

quite literally a god from the machine

it seems even more unnecessary when the clerks found out someone was already altering her severely

seems dumb to just give everyone the ability to adjust the robots and not have it behind several tiers of approval.

Maybe those clerks are also hosts, though.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

SILENT GREEN IS HOSTS!

actually, why not have your workforce be hosts? the scene where the guy beats up that prostitute host in front of the boardmember (to prove something something), but he is a host too, could that be a hint?

Maybe everyone is a host apart from Ford, and he used other hosts to nuke the rest of earth already and is now all alone with his robots and having them free under his control

Anyway, given it seems this isn't really adapted from the book, maybe Theresa also was a host killed again due to reasons. Arnold could just be Ford's alter ego and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Maybe those clerks are also hosts, though.
    but then that could leave them with the ability to modify each other which would be even dumber. While you could be right, that just makes it even more unbelieveable. Imagine if control of the electric fences in Jurassic park were left up to the Dinosaurs.