Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld (HBO series) (Season 2 Trailer)

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    ^I am pretty sure that wasn't a guest? Isn't he a member of the group of bandit-hosts? I think the one who talks him out of fighting for Dolores-the one with the characteristic short beard ala early 90s Metallica frontman- is the one who commits suicide by rock-to-the-head-repeatedly?
    (although you might mean someone else, blond and a guest )
    I had watch it again. The mutton-chop mustache villain is Rebus, Deloras shot him in the barn. While the lumberjack was bashing his own head in.
    I was referring to a lily white newcomer, Rebus was with as they tried to pick up Deloras in the street. He said " Told you I wanted something easier (than Teddy) to Rebus.
    I forgot she rode off after shooting Rebus at the ranch.

One thing, what's with the deva vu of her being shot and bleeding, then it's gone?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

"You cant kill anything you are not supposed to kill" or something that sexy brit host said the second episode. So no the guest guns are probably not real.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    "You cant kill anything you are not supposed to kill" or something that sexy brit host said the second episode. So no the guest guns are probably not real.
    Yep. Which is why I think the gun Dolores found was left by Arnold. The inference was that he wanted to know if, given certain tools/options, the hosts would evolve.

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

Anyone think we may be seeing Westworld in a present timeline and a flashback time?
    The hosts tend to stay the same, the Man in Black (Harris) has said he's been coming there for 30 years.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MacCarthy View Post
    Anyone think we may be seeing Westworld in a present timeline and a flashback time?
    The hosts tend to stay the same, the Man in Black (Harris) has said he's been coming there for 30 years.

If you're thinking about the William is MiB theory, then the recent episode kinda shot that down with showing something happening in the present leading directly to William.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I prefer the 1973 version much better. I am not sure if this will work as a series. There is a lot of soft dialogue and the story seems to drag out. This could end in one season. My instincts say thia would be a better movie. However, plot lines suck in remakes these days. They tend to be better in series. I hold my verdict for now.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Ratings suck anyway.

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    If you're thinking about the William is MiB theory, then the recent episode kinda shot that down with showing something happening in the present leading directly to William.
    If in the present you mean her escaping from the ranch into William's camp, that could be in the past.
    When she was shot there was a deja vu moment of her being shot and bleeding and one of her being unharmed.
    It could just be part of the adaptive storyline of her being shot and finding guests to help her get justice for her father, I didn't see her holding a gun.

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

Actually I'm not sure that the gun was planted in the haystack, but it was taken out of mutton-chops Rebus's holster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I prefer the 1973 version much better. I am not sure if this will work as a series.
    I have to agree, as a fan of those 70's sci-fi dystopian style films, Omega Man, Planet of the Apes, Soylent Green (yeh Chas Heston was king of the genre) but I think this show is a slow burner. Hopefully they're building layers of plot where almost throw away events start to become relevant as we go along. If not it's dragging itself to an early grave, which, given the budget, would be a shocker...

Citizen

Hobestly for now im pretty much happy about exploring the park.

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

Changing to William's obnoxious brother in-law being the MIB.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

MIB=?

Btw, what was that massive edifice taking form in the desert?
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Hmm...

That may be true, though (William=Harris in another time/past). I mean in the latest ep we were told that Harris' character has a sort of foundation, and iirc William is married to extremely rich people with something similar. I am liking the odds of this idea.

Maybe this means we see Arnold live (in the past, concurrent with William/young Harris). Makes sense, cause if he was to appear only in a photo they would have gotten a non-actor (or a less recognisable one) for that. (not that the Arnold-in-photo actor is super-famous, but i have seen him in other movies).

Furthermore, this makes it very likely that the flashbacks by the mulato girl will be presented i real time in a next episode, when Harris kills her along with the indians who worship the humans with the lab masks
    Last edited by Kyriakos; October 24, 2016 at 07:32 AM.
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Btw, from the trailer of the next ep, we know that Harris is in the same timeline as Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

It is the same timeline. The flashbacks are of hosts' previous story lines, whose memory is not wiped completely.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It seems like a bug, but my guess is that Arnold created them this way, to finally create true conscience through repeated interaction.

Dolores is the oldest host, she is as old as the theme park itself, 30 years. The Man in Black mentioned he's been doing this for 30 years and he's exploring the theme park to find out the last story. The hosts don't remember that, because they are "rebooted" every time they're killed, which apparently happens a lot.
    The truly chilling thing for me is that Dolores' story line is she is to be violently raped and murdered when the guests attack her house and kill the local gunslinger.
    Also, it seems the town itself is rebooted every day, or at least every time the mayhem ensues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

Yes i never got the feeling, they were showing several timelines.

Citizen

Unfortunate comma there?

I didn't get a feeling of it, though it would sort of be very cool if indeed Harris=future William.

Otherwise the only way the William storyline can go will be rather boring, no?

Harris can be seen as being roughly 30 years older than the William actor. And William is unaware of the park when he arrives, which might be more realistic if he arrives in the first year or years of it.
    Anyway, maybe this isn't what is happening at all, but i would have no issue if it is

Blog Entries

The same people in the control centre have discussed Harris (that guest gets to do what he wants) and when Dolores went off her story (and met William in the wilderness). So unless they are all hosts, they didn't age.