Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sound text files released

Default Re: Sound text files released

I was wondering if someone in the know could help me out with a sound mod? Basically I want to remove any mention of scotland or scottish from the Ireland campaign, as well as England or English from the Welsh campaign. There was a post in the sound mod forums about doing this but i cannot find the british_isle files i need to copy from. I am a noob to modding so if anyone could explain what i am overlooking I would appreciate it.

hey, when i click on the link it says : invalid ID !

what do i have to do that i can download the sounds ?

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I've updated the links on the first post, they should work now.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

thanks a lot, it did work

Hello everyone. Well where do I start. I love adding mods to games/editing and so forth. Creating your ideas, and watching them all unfold slowly with fix by fix is rewarding when you see that final project. But sometimes theres specific changes that are small and you just cant grasp where to start, theres many different responses, and most are assuming you have a level of knowledge. When I saw Call of Warhammer my jaw dropped. FINALLY somone finished, and pulled it off. Theres been countless partial unfinished buggy mods for warhammer, but most were just to small and not worth the time. I got it going as soon as it was done downloading, no problems. Then i heard it..Skeletons...can't talk...why are they talking.. All of the Voice sounds for the factions have not been added in. It appears no one on that whole forumn knows how, im sure there is a reason or it would be out. Im a person, that if Showed how to do this in a step by step will get every sound up and on quickly, sounds to me make or can break a game, I could never play starcraft if my Ultralisk sounded like Barney and Friends. I have added sounds and changed some before in other games. So I would assume its as simple as just locating the original sounds, understanding where they link to, take them out, rename your sound, reload them in, and go and test. But im assuming, can an experienced modder give a Detailed Step by step. A format i can follow well is something similar to this

1. Open your medieval data folder
    2. extract these files to anwhere you want, dont forget to rename
    3. find the file you want to change. must be a Mp3. (note it is case sensetive)

If i can see how to change a units voice in battle when i select them. I can study and figure the rest. Just need a detailed example of any voice battle file, and how the game locates the sounds. Would love to implent a fierce deep demonic roar for the demon princes when i select that unit on the battlemap. Not some Human vocie!
    Last edited by taintedflesh221; September 08, 2010 at 01:52 PM.

Opifex

The format is simple:

1) text files regulating sound pieces
    2) sound pieces themselves, compressed into pack files in /data/sounds.

First you'll need to extract all of the sounds. To do that get this unpacker, and run it on the compressed sound packs.

Now you have both the compressed files, and the extracted files together in the /data/sounds folder. If you delete the compressed files (as you should), the game will read the sound text files, and rebuild the packs from the extracted sound files.

At this point start going into the sound text files, researching what sounds determine what, and you're good to go. Every time you want to make a change, remember to remove the packs.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

so cool!!!!! just waht I want

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123