Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 22/10/2016

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 10/1/16

For those who are wanting to fix the UI - please subscribe here:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=773936184

This is a temp fix until incorporated with the main UI pack.

It fixes many issues with the UI. There are some unit cards that are still needing to be done and may not be assigned. We are aware with that. Enjoy!

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 10/1/16

Do pikes have their own attribute groups?
    I'm not at home right now so I can't check,
    I'd suggest giving them FA, taking away expert charge defence and reducing their defence whilst increasing their shield defence

I know FA Is buggy, but IMO there are too many of the pikemen leaving the formation and fighting on their own

Otherwise the mod is really awesome, how did you get normal heavy units to hold formation so well without FA?
    Best regards
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Default Re: Ancient Empires: Attila Battle Mechanics Release [30/09/2016]

Quote Originally Posted by Willhelm123 View Post
    Two hours is not a long time... There was a time I'd leave my pc on all day and night just to download a game.
    Some of us arn't as old as you, geezer. 2 hours to us young people is a long time, especially considering we'd have to re-download it if a newer version comes out.

Anyways, a bit sadden with how vacant most of the faction's roster are and I don't see any of the assets of Divide et Impera being used in this mod, at the very least I hope you incorporate the shield patterns the DeI team uses for their Carthaginian shields.

Hello, I don't have steam so how can i get the .pack files?

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Well, congratulations on this, but I think I'll wait for the campaign. That's the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chereye View Post
    Some of us arn't as old as you, geezer. 2 hours to us young people is a long time, especially considering we'd have to re-download it if a newer version comes out.

Anyways, a bit sadden with how vacant most of the faction's roster are and I don't see any of the assets of Divide et Impera being used in this mod, at the very least I hope you incorporate the shield patterns the DeI team uses for their Carthaginian shields.
    He's like 24 get lost with that old person crap xD
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post

CREDITS Coming soon...
    Now that you guys have released, I'd really recommend updating your credits section because technically you are breaching TWC rules by not giving credit to the mods you've included in yours. Would be a shame for the same fate that befell Toon's mod to happen to your mod as well. Really this should have been done before you released but its an easy thing to forget to do.

If the credits are in a different thread the ignore this friendly reminder and congrats on your release
    Last edited by Magnar; October 03, 2016 at 10:13 AM.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

When you add battle formations will the AI use them?
    I ask because factions with pikes seem to have them in the rear then just push them through their own melee troops which is quite aesthetically displeasing lol. Or are such things unchangeable?
    Last edited by Julio-Claudian; October 03, 2016 at 03:56 PM.

Is there any issues for replays on this mod? I tried to do one for a vid but every time I try to launch the replay it crashes everything else seems to work fine

where is the patch link?

Subscribing on steam isn't working for me. It only gives me the .png file, not the .pack file.

This: @e_001_ancient_empires_release.png

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

I really hate to be that guy, but would it all be possible for there to be a complete non steam download version, as unfortunately the Attila total war steam workshop is unusable for mac users (same for rome 2 annoyingly) so have a standard non steam download would be really appreciated for the official release would allow is mac users to be able to play this very much anticipated mod. I will also release instructions on allowing mods to be used for Attila total war mac users if you fine fellows do create a version that isn't reliant on a part of the installation being from steam
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

I really hate to be that guy, but would it all be possible for there to be a complete non steam download version, as unfortunately the Attila total war steam workshop is unusable for mac users (same for rome 2 annoyingly) so have a standard non steam download would be really appreciated for the official release would allow is mac users to be able to play this very much anticipated mod. I will also release instructions on allowing mods to be used for Attila total war mac users if you fine fellows do create a version that isn't reliant on a part of the installation being from steam
    Yes. Coming soon.

Subscribing on steam isn't working for me. It only gives me the .png file, not the .pack file.

This: @e_001_ancient_empires_release.png
    Hm. Have you tried again recently? I was having some issues with the Steam workshop earlier and that could be the cause of this issue, depending on when you subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Hm. Have you tried again recently? I was having some issues with the Steam workshop earlier and that could be the cause of this issue, depending on when you subscribed.
    Yeah I don't know what it is. I keep unsubbing and resubbing but when I open up the launcher it's perpetually stuck on updating the Ancient Empires file from Steam workshop.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Credits have been added to the opening post. Took me a few days do to time constraints and, frankly, the release wasn't really planned this way. Kind of just...happened. There is also our old team member/contributor thread which had been previously stickied, but they should have/normally would have been included right away. Priority in my free time the last few days was getting the mod working for people to download.

If I missed anyone, please send me a message and let me know. There's so many people who contributed to this mod, and sometimes it comes via third parties where it is not always clear whose work is whose. We know full well how much time people put into their work for these mods and would never look to deny anyone credit for it.

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Chereye View Post

Maybe you don't realise just how much DEI has made then, most units contain at least 1 item from DeI and we use a lot of their shield patterns too. We also use a lot of our own custom made assets.
    AE Dev, mainly units

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 3/10/2016

***UPDATE 10/3/2016***
    On October 3rd at ~11:00 PM, I added two packs on Steam. If you subscribed before that point, you are good and do not need to update anything at this point in time. The two packs now on Steam, the UI and Characters packs, are the same as the previous Part 1 on Google Drive so you already have them. They are good to subscribe to regardless as they will update automatically going forward saving you future work. Thanks.

So, to be clear, no one should have to do anything at this point in time. Everything you need will update automatically from Steam.

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 3/10/2016

I need help after installing the five parts (the first three parts from steam and the other two documents drive) when I get to the game do not leave me the names of the factions or the units.
    Someone knows why this can be. I took all day breaking my head trying to fix it

the documents that I have downloaded are these

I have the game in Spanish but I have tried so well with the English and me the problem persists

the picture is this

Last edited by ABH2; October 04, 2016 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Added img tags

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by descromion View Post
    the picture is this http://thumbs.subefotos.com/e78bbe6147808ff21199369841107580o.jpg
    Hi, can you retake that picture? hard to tell what all the pack you have there are. Would be more than happy to help

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing