Thread: Ancient Empires: Official Update - Part two

Default Ancient Empires: Official Update - Part two

Welcome back to another update for Ancient Empires!

Today's update will be small, and feature a look at some of the Faction traits in the mod, along with in-game screenshots.

But before that, we'd like to reach out to the community and ask for your help. With a small team of only a few modders active at any one time, there's often not enough time to complete some of the less technically demanding tasks. This has left some campaign descriptions unfinished - which we cannot have! As such, we're asking for the help of you, the community, to aid us in composing campaign descriptions for some main areas like Technologies and Building lines where these are still scarce. If you have a major degree in history, consider yourself a history buff, love writing or simply would like to help the project, please contact me (Sheridan) on TWC.

Culture Trait: Imperial Ambition (Roman & Punic)

• Cultural Oppression: +25% public order penalties due to foreign cultures
    • Effective Administration: +15% tax rate in every province
    • Provincial Rule: +2 Latin (or Punic) cultural influence in every province

Faction Trait: S.P.Q.R.

• Bread & Games: Boasts powerful bread & games edict
    • Cursus Honorum: +1 Loyalty from subject characters
    • Powerful Senate: -10% influence cost of taking political action
    • Roman Plumbing: +2 sanitation in every province

Faction Trait: Maritime Empire

• Colonial Establishments: +10% income from commerce
    • Expansionist Policy: +3 integrity in foreign territory
    • Expert Shipwrights: -15% upkeep for naval units
    • Mercenary Armies: -10% upkeep cost for mercenaries

Culture Trait: Eastern Dynasties (Eastern factions)

• Multiculturalism: -50% public order penalties due to foreign cultures
    • Tributary Treaties: +100% income from tributary states
    • Weak Dynasties: -1 Loyalty from subject characters

Faction Trait: Equestrian Kings

• Equestrian People: -20% recruitment cost of cavalry units, -15% upkeep cost
    • Pastoral Lifestyle: +30% bonus income from agriculture & livestock
    • Resistance to Slavery: -30% income from slavery

Spoiler for Roman Technology

Spoiler for Character selection

Spoiler for Character selection #2

Last edited by Sheridan; March 05, 2018 at 01:27 PM.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Default Re: Ancient Empires: Official Update - Part two

Well done. love the Aurelius quote

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

great work guys keep it up

Lookin good guys!

1.Spear's Avatar Civis
    Teutoburge Forest is right around the corner

Next 2000 hours playtime are reserved. Thank you guys. Great work!!!

Maaan where them hoes at?

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Sheridan is a big fan of the eastern factions, if you guys couldn't tell

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Looking good guys!!

I would like to help you in writing descriptions for anything, if you want proof of my work consult the "contribute an unit description" thread on the "Medieval Kingdoms Total War (MKTW)" thread. I'm quite well-versed in history and like to write (though I have no major), if you need me to write the descriptions just write here on this thread (or PM me if needed) the names of the units, buildings or techs you would like me to describe. I will do my best to help you, since this is my only ability (i am not a modder or programmer).

My usual policy is to write a short description first (some sort of catchphrase, usually more narrative, or ironic), and then a longer description (containing historical and technical details of the unit/building/tech). You can use them as you like (merge them, cut something if you think it's too long, etc.), and of course ask me to redo anything you don't like (e.g. it's too detailed/contains mistakes, etc.).

Good work on this beautiful mod!
    Last edited by emi; March 10, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

Would love to have you onboard Emi. Buildings and tech descriptions is the main area we need help with right now, but if you enjoy writing unit descriptions that would absolutely be useful. Send me a PM with your email adress and we'll get you set up and invited onto the beta board on our Slack for communication.

Whoa! Nice updates
    I really apreciate the given info and hope for more in a near future.
    Keep it up guys

PM sent, thank you!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great stuff! Loving the idea of these complex mechanics will allow you to have deeper campaign gameplay.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; March 13, 2018 at 04:02 AM.

There will be more updates coming up, so keep an eye out on the thread!

good morning
    I study ancient history and I am specialized in ancient Rome! if you need a hand I am at your disposal for descriptions and historical events! I can not wait for this wonderful mod is available!I study ancient history and I am specialized in ancient Rome! if you need a hand I am at your disposal for descriptions and historical events! I can not wait for this wonderful mod is available!I study ancient history and I am specialized in ancient Rome! if you need a hand I am at your disposal for descriptions and historical events! I can not wait for this wonderful mod is available!good morningI study ancient history and I am specialized in ancient Rome! if you need a hand I am at your disposal for descriptions and historical events! I can not wait for this wonderful mod is available!

Quote Originally Posted by Sux View Post
    good morning
    I study ancient history and I am specialized in ancient Rome! if you need a hand I am at your disposal for descriptions and historical events! I can not wait for this wonderful mod is available!I study ancient history and I am specialized in ancient Rome! if you need a hand I am at your disposal for descriptions and historical events! I can not wait for this wonderful mod is available!I study ancient history and I am specialized in ancient Rome! if you need a hand I am at your disposal for descriptions and historical events! I can not wait for this wonderful mod is available!good morningI study ancient history and I am specialized in ancient Rome! if you need a hand I am at your disposal for descriptions and historical events! I can not wait for this wonderful mod is available!
    Seriously

Wait, I thought the only playable factions are Carthage, Ptolemaioi, SPQR, and Seleukeia. Why are there so many factions to select in the faction selection screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Palaiogos View Post
    Wait, I thought the only playable factions are Carthage, Ptolemaioi, SPQR, and Seleukeia. Why are there so many factions to select in the faction selection screen?
    The other displayed factions will ultimately be playable in the mod. We have prioritised the factions you mentioned above, but they aren't the only factions to be included in the first release.

Hi everyone, and firts of all thaks to AE team for their brilliant work. I'm looking forward to enjoying the mod you have created, like thousands of followers. I would like also to suggest you to look over the buildings icons into campain screen, if it is possible. In my modest opinion it is a backward movement to Rome Total War I, which is not acording with big inovation this mod is. Don't you keep in mind remainig original Attila icons (which are the most realistic never made) or doing something similar? I insist on this is an opinion only about one stetic aspect of this great mod. Thanks in advance for listening me, and congratulations for the project!

Sorry pal, the building icons are a deliberate design call. You may have some luck with submods when the mod is released. Personally I really enjoy the Rome I style of icons - it's visually clear enough to rival Attila, but more colourful