Thread: Just a few noob questions....

Default Just a few noob questions....

About to play my first EB2 campaign. What a staggering amount of work put into this mod, it looks incredible. Have just a few questions sorry if they've already been answered but I'm really pressed for time.

1) Is there a downloadable manual or game guide for EB2?

2) I'm going to play as Rome, what do you guys recommend for difficulties on campaign and battle?

3) Unit sizes? I have a pretty good pc.

4) How do I disable green arrows?? I went into the Med2 preferences and set arrow markers to 1, but they wont go away. Is there any other way to disable them?

Thx for any answers!

Default Re: Just a few noob questions....

1) No there isn't. We're still developing the game, no one has turned their attention to documenting things. There are a lot of useful threads in this subforum. Particularly the stickied ones.

2) Hard/Medium is my personal recommendation, but Hard/Hard works.

3) Huge only. Waste of time playing on any less.

4) You need to make your config read-only after editing it, or it will be reverted.

Thx Quintus. This mod looks incredible. Can't get those damn green arrows to disable so I guess my units will glow!

Try adding disable_arrow_markers = 1 under the [game] section of ebii.cfg maybe (haven't tested myself). Don't forget to make your .cfg files read-only after editing as the engine has a habit of overwriting them.
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPolack View Post
    Thx Quintus. This mod looks incredible. Can't get those damn green arrows to disable so I guess my units will glow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre View Post
    Try adding disable_arrow_markers = 1 under the [game] section of ebii.cfg maybe (haven't tested myself). Don't forget to make your .cfg files read-only after editing as the engine has a habit of overwriting them.
    Just checked the .cfg of Invasio Barbarorum 2, which comes with them disabled and yes, disable_arrow_markers = true on their own settings.

HTH!
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Got it thx guys. Little confused on how the Roman imperium system works. Would that be in the faq's section?

Just a quick follow-up question for QS: Why do your prefer H/M (over H/H?)

Quote Originally Posted by Aneximanes View Post
    Just a quick follow-up question for QS: Why do your prefer H/M (over H/H?)
    Because on Hard battle difficulty, the AI gets hardcoded bonuses to morale, defensive skill and stamina. I don't particularly enjoy having my line infantry beaten in melee by their levies, just because they're the AI.

They don't get bonuses on defensive skill... that was the case in Rome 1, though.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

N00b questions are best questions. Just how North Korea is best Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Because on Hard battle difficulty, the AI gets hardcoded bonuses to morale, defensive skill and stamina. I don't particularly enjoy having my line infantry beaten in melee by their levies, just because they're the AI.
    In regards to the campaign map, though, isn't there a reason for it to be on Hard instead of Medium as well? I think you mentioned something about recruitment of mercenaries in that regard. I wouldn't know otherwise, because I only play on hard mode for campaigns. Also, doesn't it affect enemy finances?