http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=769812619

Hello everyone, just a mod I made for anyone interested in getting a more unique experience while playing as the Alamanni.

This mod is an attempt at making the Alamanni more interesting, unique and historically accurate. The Alamanni of the 4th century were a tribal confederation which included many Germanic groups, including a large number of Suebi peoples. Over the years, the proximity between the Romans and Alamanni meant trade, influence and conflict. Roman influence should show a bit better in the remodeled units. Alongside the romanized line of units, lighter units have been added to more adequately reflect the Alamanni fighting style of the 4th century and uses historically appropriate terms for units.

List of changes :

Added units :

- Alamannic Levy (cheap spear infantry, poor in prolonged combat), requires T1 city/town
- Alamannic Freemen (upgraded Alamannic levy, cheap spear infantry, poor in prolonged combat), requires Definited Military Obligation tech

- Suebi Berserkers, requires T1 Germanic temple

- Suebi Raiding band (Very light axe melee cavalry, poor in prolonged combat with cavalry, strong charge), requires T2 community building
- Mounted Armati (upgraded Raiding Band, light axe melee cavalry, poor in prolonged combat with cavalry, strong charge), requires Mastery of Terrain tech

- Alamannic Regal Comites (Very heavy melee cavalry, expensive and exceptionally powerful), requires T5 Civic research building

Remodeled units :

- Scavenger unit line reworked and re-skinned to Foederati line (compares favorably to generic spear line, with better shock attack and armour, is more expensive and takes longer to train)

- Alamannic Spear Band, very light T1 spears with precursors, no formation
- Alamannic Foederati, heavy T2 spears with precursors, mobile testudo and spear wall
- Auxilia Veterans, very heavy T3 spears with precursors, mobile testudo and spear wall

- Protectores Defectors reworked to Alamannic Auxilia Palatina, slightly buffed and re-skinned (uses Sequani shield symbol)

- Other Alamanni units re-skinned and re-named :

- Bejewelled Retinue -> Comites ('Companions')
- Chnodomar's Entourage -> Regulus' Entourage (regulus, 'kinglet, petty king')
- Chnodomar's Raiders -> Noble Raiders
- Bejewelled Nobles -> Optimates ('Nobles, aristocrats')

- Alamanni now have factional officers.

- Unit cards for the new units are recycled, but should be appropriate enough and give a good visual description of the units.

I did not touch German core units so as to not affect other factions, but I may eventually re-do all of the Germanic factions. Some new units make generic units redundant, but unfortunately I could not remove the Germanic spear line (the other unit I wished to remove was the Noble swordsmen) since I would have to change startpos (making it incompatible with all other startpos mods), which I do not wish to do, for now.

Any criticism and feedback is welcome.