Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This was probably asked But why not do this? if the Modding the Campaign map is a big deal?

Senator

Default This was probably asked But why not do this? if the Modding the Campaign map is a big deal?

Without any modding experience about the situation of Attila Mod tools etc can i ask this?

Why not simply use the current historical correct one from Vanilla? Sure it isn't middle Earth But least then you can get to place the factions ect onto a map. Because if the entire problem is that the map is un-moddable, then simply don't mod the campaign map and use it as is? Sure Elves being in England and Mordor where Turkey is isn't exactly lore Friendly, but hey! Middle earth was least influenced by Europe

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: This was probably asked But why not do this? if the Modding the Campaign map is a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Deedlit View Post
    Without any modding experience about the situation of Attila Mod tools etc can i ask this?

Why not simply use the current historical correct one from Vanilla? Sure it isn't middle Earth But least then you can get to place the factions ect onto a map. Because if the entire problem is that the map is un-moddable, then simply don't mod the campaign map and use it as is? Sure Elves being in England and Mordor where Turkey is isn't exactly lore Friendly, but hey! Middle earth was least influenced by Europe
    That's currently the plan, and with some new breakthroughs, it is a good one. Settlements are now editable in that their names can be changed, battlemaps can be assigned, and how important the city is can be changed (such as building slots or capital status). I'm not entirely sure about assignment settlements as capitals though, I think it can be done.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Senator

Default Re: This was probably asked But why not do this? if the Modding the Campaign map is a big deal?

Awesome! cos it felt like the entire concept for Single-player campaign was being scrapped because of the campaign map problems :p

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes
    Content Emeritus

I was under the impression the current plan was to simply make the custom battle stuff for Attila, and put off thinking of a campaign until we were done with that, and then most likely we'd make the campaign in Mount and Blade Bannerlord.
    Either way, a campaign is going to be a long way off and there's no real point thinking about it at the moment.

The reason we're not really keen on using the European map is because it'd be a big blow to immersion, it'd mean heaps of work would have to be done to create a campaign and mainly we're restricted by the settlements being firmly restricted to specific locations, so we can't move settlements around to make it look better, and we're not quite sure whether we can change the amount of building slots a settlement has (I'm working on it with another guy but its a bit buggy), so Minas Tirith for example could be forced to only have 4 buildings whilst Osgiliath has 6.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; September 23, 2016 at 11:17 PM.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    I was under the impression the current plan was to simply make the custom battle stuff for Attila, and put off thinking of a campaign until we were done with that, and then most likely we'd make the campaign in Mount and Blade Bannerlord.
    Either way, a campaign is going to be a long way off and there's no real point thinking about it at the moment.

The reason we're not really keen on using the European map is because it'd be a big blow to immersion, it'd mean heaps of work would have to be done to create a campaign and mainly we're restricted by the settlements being firmly restricted to specific locations, so we can't move settlements around to make it look better, and we're not quite sure whether we can change the amount of building slots a settlement has (I'm working on it with another guy but its a bit buggy), so Minas Tirith for example could be forced to only have 4 buildings whilst Osgiliath has 6.
    Is the Bannerlord campaign now the concrete plan? I generally agree on a campaign in Bannerlord, though if a campaign is ever done in Attila it would have to use the standard map rather than changing it around much, and it wouldn't be too bad. I would definitely play it. I guess it depends on the results of your research.
    Last edited by Alkar; September 24, 2016 at 08:14 PM.

We are currently delaying all campaign map work until later. 1st we will release a custom/multiplayer only open alpha/beta, perhaps after that we will revisit the campaign situation, but until further notice we are not worrying about it.
    -Cshewey

The Tower Project YouTube Channel

Incredible Medieval 2 Total War Content

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

So in answer: the campaign issue will be re-visited at a later date. But this doesn't really matter, since the units and such have to be completed first no matter what.

Senator

Banner lord is looking dope, for those who don't know what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg

It kinda reminds of Attila Total war.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Banner lord is looking dope, for those who don't know what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg

It kinda reminds of Attila Total war.
    Wow, I would have a heart attack if the mod was ported to Bannerlord and the great Lord Sauron was playable.

Yea im still wondering how many mods and how will it be the best GoT/LotR mods for this game(bannerlord).
    Personally Rise of Mordor without a proper campaign map isnt better than Daggor Ennor...
    I know you all are putting much effort on it but...thats my opinion only.

Bannerlord OP, Taleworlds pls nerf.

Gotta love indie developers who support the modding community.

I like the Idea of transferring to Bannerlord. The whole campaign map fiasco might be a deal breaker for a lot of fans. It's no fault of yours. they didn't provide the tools so why waste time and effort on a mod that is impossible to perfect whilst there's a perfectly moddable game coming out.

Pity CA doesn't support the mods as much as they used too, I was always more excited about the mods than the vanilla games.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by OldStyle View Post
    Bannerlord OP, Taleworlds pls nerf.

Gotta love indie developers who support the modding community.

I like the Idea of transferring to Bannerlord. The whole campaign map fiasco might be a deal breaker for a lot of fans. It's no fault of yours. they didn't provide the tools so why waste time and effort on a mod that is impossible to perfect whilst there's a perfectly moddable game coming out.

Pity CA doesn't support the mods as much as they used too, I was always more excited about the mods than the vanilla games.
    They never have officially supported modding much, it's just that the engine is becoming more and more complicated and complex.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

No campaign - No Game

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    No campaign - No Game
    No need to just completely write off the mod and imply all the hard work that's gone into it is just a waste, we're most likely going to make the campaign on Mount and Blade Bannerlord.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

No campaign - No Game
    So free us from such comments.
    Your comment will not change our decision if you don't want to understand the reasons.

I do understand the reasons and I do not imply that your work is a waste of time. And of course, I am aware that my comments, do not affect your decisions. I just speak my mind.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

For my part, if some sense of realistic conquest is attainable - with geographical hardships (mountains and rivers blocking passage - e.g. a certain place is geographically protected), key locations (virtually untakeable fortresses or wealthy cities with unique LOTR-accurate designs, chokepoints - such as a mountain pass guarded by citadels, river passages where armies can wage blitz warfare and coastal towns can extend dominance more effectively), etc., then it will be very enjoyable to play. If this is all in the world that we know (geographically), so be it. After all, LOTR is a sort of ancient, romantic Earth.
    Last edited by Alkar; October 11, 2016 at 10:51 PM.

I do understand the reasons and I do not imply that your work is a waste of time. And of course, I am aware that my comments, do not affect your decisions. I just speak my mind.
    And so what was the reason to post that?

I have posted many times. Some to say that in my opinion you did an excellent job in some new units or a promo video and although my opinion that time didn't affect your, much appreciated work, you didn't seem to bother asking why I posted it.
    Now, my opinion is that, FOR ME, a game without a campaing is no game at all. The reason to post that, is I think the reason for these forums. So that everyone can speak their minds without offending someone else

But you say you are not interested, so go play smth with a campaign. Don't take my words as offence but if you are not interested just skip it and free us from any negative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast