Thread: General discussion thread

Default General discussion thread

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the new Seven Kingdoms subforum! As we approach the first public release, feel free to use this section to discuss anything related to the mod. I will gradually add new stickied threads (e.g. lore, screenshots & videos, FAQ) over the next week along with new media.

Big thanks to Gigantus for working with us to make this happen.

BM

Default Re: General discussion thread

Hello fellow fans of Seven Kingdoms: Total War,

As many of you question the mod authors on what subfactions could be added in after the completion of the Great Houses, I have taken the liberty to compile an UNOFFICIAL list for POSSIBLE future factions (and some possible variants). Take a look!: http://imgur.com/a/H3ryC . All pictures were taken directly from the TV show, Lore and Histories (as they are this mod's inspiration) and ASOIAF Wiki. None of these picture belong to me but the respective owners! If I missed any of the houses or armors, feel free to leave suggestions!

Cheers!
    deadangelx96 (I made the current name when I was not wholly aware of how to use the blablax9x)

Quick update on progress for everyone: Dorne is complete, generals with finished custom models (Jon Snow, Tywin Lannister, Stannis, Ramsay Bolton) have been added in-game, and KevTaylor is finishing up a batch of new ones. We'll post screenshots of Renly and a few others soon.

Because this will be asked anyway: the anticipated release date discussed in the Q&A is still accurate. There are a few items left to complete and improve, so the end of November is most realistic from our perspective right now.

Reposting from ModDB:

Hi everyone,

From all of us active on the team (BM, Wiid, Mrfista, Kev, Zuma), we'd like to thank you for the enthusiasm and support over the last few weeks. After an incredible amount of progress this holiday weekend, we're happy to confirm the public alpha release on Saturday, December 3rd.

What does "public alpha release" mean? You'll be able to play as 17 different armies within 8 factions, led by 16 photorealistic characters from the TV show. But, this is where the word "alpha" comes in - we aren't finished by any stretch. George R.R. Martin crafted an entire universe in the books and series, and we plan on continually expanding content over time to fully recreate this universe. It's our hope you appreciate our willingness to release Seven Kingdoms in this "foundation" state, rather than postponing for another 1-2 years to add minor lore content.

Over the next few weeks, I will outline our development plans to include additional armies, characters, custom battle maps, and other assets in future releases. We deliberately avoid answering "Will House X or Y be included?" because the mod, like the series itself, is an organic creation and evolves over time. Our first major content expansion slated for late December or early January will include the Wildlings and Night's Watch, among other additions yet to be determined.

Thanks again for the support, and please sit tight until December 3rd - we're beyond excited to share this mod with you!

- BM

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Looking forward to this. Thanks to the whole team for their work!

Ted23's Avatar Laetus

I'm really looking forward to this, you've already done a great job so far and I'm sure palying your mod is going to be great fun!

Looks great !

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Ok I just bought the Attila total war mod with all its expansion packs
    off steam. I never installed a mod for this game before is it similar to MTW2 with the mods? Is there a mod folder with you can have all you're mods or can you only have one mod?

how do you install a mod?

will having all the expansion packs matter?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

There are installation instructions in the 1.04 thread, which is the latest update. You didn't see it because its not stickied for whatever reason and is halfway down the page so I'll get a mod to sticky it. Anyways here's the instructions.

1. Ensure you have WinZip, WinRar, or some other program to open .rar files.
    2. Download version 1.04 of the mod from ModDB, open it using WinZip or WinRar, and move "Seven_Kingdoms.pack" contained in the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\data.
    3. If Seven Kingdoms is already installed, overwrite the old Seven_Kingdoms.pack with the new one.
    4. Launch Attila
    5. When the game launcher opens, activate "Seven_Kingdoms" using the "Mod Manager" button (simply click the check box next to the mod). Make sure "enable out-of-date mods" is checked.
    6. That's it!

If you want to download the Battles of the North submod, you can either download it from Google Drive (in which case the instructions are pretty much the same as above), or download it from Steam.

I've also got a Steam collection of all the other submods, they're not all compatible with each other though.

Also here's the troubleshooting guide if you have any problems.
    The mod will NOT work on illegal or cracked versions of Attila.
    If unit names and descriptions aren't displayed, change your game language to English.

If the mod crashes at the custom battle screen:
    - Make sure your game is set to the Grand Campaign, not Age of Charlemagne or the Last Roman. To ensure this, launch Attila without the mod, go to Custom Battles, select Grand Campaign from the dropdown menu and launch a battle. After this, launch Attila with the mod enabled and it should work.
    - Another method is to go to your AppData folder (try searching for %appdata% with Windows). Mine is located at C:\Users\BlickMang\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila Once you're here, delete the folder "battle_preferences". This folder stores Attila's custom battle settings, and resetting it should allow it to work.

Edit: Oh yea and here's the FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    There are installation instructions in the 1.04 thread, which is the latest update. You didn't see it because its not stickied for whatever reason and is halfway down the page so I'll get a mod to sticky it. Anyways here's the instructions.

1. Ensure you have WinZip, WinRar, or some other program to open .rar files.
    2. Download version 1.04 of the mod from ModDB, open it using WinZip or WinRar, and move "Seven_Kingdoms.pack" contained in the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\data.
    3. If Seven Kingdoms is already installed, overwrite the old Seven_Kingdoms.pack with the new one.
    4. Launch Attila
    5. When the game launcher opens, activate "Seven_Kingdoms" using the "Mod Manager" button (simply click the check box next to the mod). Make sure "enable out-of-date mods" is checked.
    6. That's it!

If you want to download the Battles of the North submod, you can either download it from Google Drive (in which case the instructions are pretty much the same as above), or download it from Steam.

I've also got a Steam collection of all the other submods, they're not all compatible with each other though.

Also here's the troubleshooting guide if you have any problems.
    The mod will NOT work on illegal or cracked versions of Attila.
    If unit names and descriptions aren't displayed, change your game language to English.

If the mod crashes at the custom battle screen:
    - Make sure your game is set to the Grand Campaign, not Age of Charlemagne or the Last Roman. To ensure this, launch Attila without the mod, go to Custom Battles, select Grand Campaign from the dropdown menu and launch a battle. After this, launch Attila with the mod enabled and it should work.
    - Another method is to go to your AppData folder (try searching for %appdata% with Windows). Mine is located at C:\Users\BlickMang\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila Once you're here, delete the folder "battle_preferences". This folder stores Attila's custom battle settings, and resetting it should allow it to work.

Edit: Oh yea and here's the FAQ.
    Thanks again friend of friends

i get the seven kingdoms screen but the campaigns still have the Attila factions

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Yeah its custom battle only, no campaign due to the bad modding tools CA released

Ah gotcha thanks

It's too bad CA made this game with limited modding options. Just playing around with the units in custom battles has been really fun and enjoyable. I can't wait to they add boats to have a hybrid battle of land and sea. These units in the campaign map will be so awesome. Heck I will even take these units in the map it's already on there and just change the names of the locations they're fantastic!

Anyone who is having issues installing the mod, check out this install video I made. Comment on YouTube if you run into any issues! Hope it helps! =)
    Also I don't know if this is the thread to put it in, so if this is removed I understand. Fantastic mod btw! =)

I'm just reposting here my message in the MK 1212 subforum, as it may interest Seven Kingdoms team too:

I always heard that Attila campaign map wasn't moddable so it was impossible to change cities position and provinces borders. If yes, I don't know how the team from the mod Achaemenids - Total War did this, but it seems they managed somehow to move one city elsewhere and they talk about changing province borders.

I thought that maybe you MK 1212 team should know that if you are not already aware, it could help making the mod more historically accurate by eventually moving/altering cities position or province borders.

Here is the article they talk about that at ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-gl...ents-positions.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.