Thread: Is there a reliable way to get rid of bad traits?

Default Is there a reliable way to get rid of bad traits?

I hate it when my Lords randomly get bad traits like strict (if they're empire) or punter (if they're undead) etc. Some I use mainly as mobile garrisons so I don't mind so much, but if Franz or Mannfred get them I'd like to know if it's possible to erase them by winning more battles with them or something.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Is there a reliable way to get rid of bad traits?

Yes.

You must simply KILL the weakling.

There is no room for the lame in WARHAMMER!

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

reload

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    reload
    Trouble is, sometimes you may not realise immediately :/

How do you get GOOD traits is my question. In previous games, hanging out in areas with Scriptorium type buildings was the key, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

It appears you have to do what you re supossed to do. For example witch hunters assasinate stuff so they get good traits. Warrior priests heal/grow stuff so they get good traits. On the other hand if generals sit on their back side in a city they get bad traits. At least thats what i get. Dont know though.

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    It appears you have to do what you re supossed to do. For example witch hunters assasinate stuff so they get good traits. Warrior priests heal/grow stuff so they get good traits. On the other hand if generals sit on their back side in a city they get bad traits. At least thats what i get. Dont know though.
    Yes, you get really good assassin traits by simply doing it long enough. I've yet to see the equivalent of (I kid you not) "Ham-Fisted murder" (a MTW2 trait) that resulted in botching too many assassinations.

My mage types that are constantly deployed in provinces (to reduce construction costs) frequently get perks to that after a while. What about battle traits? Playing as the VC, I cheerfully ride down each and every retreating stack that I can watch with my direwolves, but that doesn't seem to give the kind of "dread" traits that you'd quickly pick up in MTW2.

I know what you mean. I dont know if you can get theae things in here. I know for a fact though that the increase to local income traits are really amazing and make a difference.

Do you think it's possible to erase bad traits simply by completing enough actions capable of producing good traits?

I have no clue why I picked up bad traits. For example, my dwarf lords get "like Greenskins" trait. I was like WTF. Bethalthar Gelt gets "dishonest" trait which gives -5% to province income. I don't even know what he did to get that. I thought he is able to turn lead into gold which is like printing his own money. Then why does he need to be dishonest and take province income? This does not make sense.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by joeman_0 View Post
    I have no clue why I picked up bad traits. For example, my dwarf lords get "like Greenskins" trait. I was like WTF. Bethalthar Gelt gets "dishonest" trait which gives -5% to province income. I don't even know what he did to get that. I thought he is able to turn lead into gold which is like printing his own money. Then why does he need to be dishonest and take province income? This does not make sense.
    get this mod to fix this http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/b...h&section=home
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by joeman_0 View Post
    Quite funny actually. Maybe he's a hoax and he just really likes to use gold paint on stuff?

I like random traits, gives more uniqueness to the character The best was in Med 2 where it was no skill trees and it was all random and action based how your generals personality grew. Skill trees are lame but they fit in warhammer due to the nature of the setting and it was awful in Shogun 2 where you could make the most amazing admiral in the world out of a general that has never seen the sea.
    Last edited by Påsan; September 23, 2016 at 01:44 PM.

You could just live with it. Do the negative traits matter that much? In Med II, having bad traits could be disastrous to the character and the units under his command - in WTW it's hardly even worth a mention. Most modifiers are so low they barely affect gameplay.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

What really gets me is when I try to pick a new general or hero and EVERY candidate is blind, crippled, or deaf. Seriously?! Across the length and breadth of the Empire, you can't find me someone who's not in the Paralympics?

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    You could just live with it. Do the negative traits matter that much? In Med II, having bad traits could be disastrous to the character and the units under his command - in WTW it's hardly even worth a mention. Most modifiers are so low they barely affect gameplay.
    There is a big difference between the fiscal handicap and good econ traits. Sure, once you're in mid-to-late game those do not matter anymore as you're likely swimming in cash.