Thread: LOD increase, better shadow, projectiles stay forever, etc

Default LOD increase, better shadow, projectiles stay forever, etc

Hi, I made a cheat engine file which includes the following tweaks. Most of their values can be adjusted to achieve your desired balance between quality and performance.
    However, I can't gurantee this being completely safe. It is memory hack, after all. So please use it at your own risk. This only works for attila build 9824.

1. activate a group of range values concerning units on the battlefield
    3D infantry/cavalry/elephant range: unit model farther than corresponding range will turn into 2D sprite.

detailed motion range: soldiers farther than this range will show simplified & synchronized motion.
    this will kill the frame rate if too many soldiers are within the range. I currently set it at 100.0, you may want to set it back to default of 50.0

2. LOD range for each level of model
    except for ships and grass, which I set to always use their best models, you can now set range value for each level of soldier model and building/tree model.
    currently I set them as 15.0/50.0/150.0/10000.0 for soldier (further multiplied by 30 for artillery engine), and 300.0/600.0/1000.0/10000.0 for buildings and trees.
    (level 4 range is set particularly high so that level 5 model won't be used, because I personally dislike the level 5 model of fortress wall.
    graphical settings will also take effect, multiplying the range by 1.0/0.75/0.5/0.25 when set as max quality/quality/performance/max performance.)

3. multiply the parameter of max shadow quality by 4.(may consume more VRAM and cause FPS drop)
    increase the range of 1st~4th level shadow(only effective when shadow is set as max quality), so that objects far away can still have shadow.

4. sea surface rendering always based on map center so that the seashore line doesn't twitch while moving camera. This is just my personal preference.

5. projectiles stay forever. (those of the category "sling" and "misc" are excluded. besides, too many of them will make the game laggy)

6. battle camera height min=1.3, max=70.0 (just my own preference. Feel free to delete this)
    Grant infinite chance of changing weather before battle commences, so that you can surely pick your favorite weather.

How to use:
    This requires Cheat Engine installed in your pc, and works only for attila build 9824. You also need to follow the exact steps:
    Double-click on the the downloaded .CT file. Then run Attila and get to the main menu. Hop back to cheat engine and attach to attila.exe process.
    Press F3 to activate all tweaks. Then close cheatengine if you prefer.

cheat engine download: http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

For those who don't have a TWC account, you can download it here: https://www.bigfile.to/file/ZFsrmTQz...tila(9824).rar
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ysl; September 19, 2016 at 05:17 AM.

Stealth4Health's Avatar Civis

Default Re: LOD increase, better shadow, projectiles stay forever, etc

Nice work!

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: LOD increase, better shadow, projectiles stay forever, etc

could you update your rome 2 version?
    would be awesome!
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me