Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: List of non or mal functioning script terms (events, conditions and commands)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: List of non functional script terms (events, conditions and commands)

Quote Originally Posted by euskingc View Post
    -GeneralPrisonersRansomedCaptor causes a CTD when it fires if used for an ancillary.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: List of non functional script terms (events, conditions and commands)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    NumEnemiesInBattle

This condition has been suspected to cause a crash when re-enforcement is involved (it appears to work otherwise). Can someone confirm this?
    The EBII team considers it confirmed.

BTW, Gig, I don't understand what "if used for an ancillary" means in the sentence "-GeneralPrisonersRansomedCaptor causes a CTD when it fires if used for an ancillary"

Blog Entries

It's the use in a EDCT trigger that causes a crash.

I'll update the NumEnemies entry, thanks.

I_ConflictType : works so well in battle that even "I_ConflictType banana" is regarded as true (and incidentally all the real parameters ("normal" excepted) whatever the situation)

PreBattle : doesn't work (at least in a script)

unit_group_order_attack_group : broken for both sides, player and AI
    Last edited by Erken; September 28, 2017 at 03:04 AM. Reason: A bad surprise in scripting can hide another...

A suggestion:

GeneralNumKillsInBattle:
    Works, but it only counts the number of kills the general himself gains, not how many kills his BG unit gains. For this reason, make sure to keep the #s used in this condition low, since even getting a few kills per battle can be difficult. There's no way to tell how many kills he's actually gotten, since the post-battle screen will only state the amount of kills/captures his BG unit gained. A big letdown as a condition IMO, since it should be tracking his BG unit kills, not how many he has personally made(no way for the player to determine that during a battle or post-battle).

Thanks to QWE_asd who pointed that out to the EBII team.

Blog Entries

Updated OP with the latest entries

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

The spawn_battle command seems to be broken. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4-Spawn_battle

Blog Entries

Added to list

i found this in the Docudemons
    does anybody know how to activate or use it?

[TD="width: 1054, bgcolor: #C0C0C0, colspan: 2"][/TD]

Identifier: swimming_enabled_set
    Parameters: true/false
    Description: Enables or disables swimming for all units
    Sample use: swimming_enabled_set false
    Class: SWIMMING_ENABLED_SET

Blog Entries

It's a battle script command - but seeing that swimming doesn't work in M2TW (RTW left over) it will not have any effect. In other words - it's not the command that doesn't work, it's the feature it's supposed to control that isn't there.

The ButtonPressed loot_settlement_enslave_button doesn't appear to work? In the example below, occupy and exterminate work, but not the enslave/sack button. I had to replace it by a SackSettlement event, which does technically the same thing I know but I am trying to diversify events when I can.

Code:
    monitor_event ButtonPressed ButtonPressed loot_settlement_occupy_button
        and I_CompareCounter romani_player > 0
    	and I_EventCounter messaggio < 3

historic_event ROMAN_CAPTURE_SPOILS true

; while-loop pauses the monitor until a decision is made
                while I_EventCounter ROMAN_CAPTURE_SPOILS_accepted = 0
                    and I_EventCounter ROMAN_CAPTURE_SPOILS_declined = 0
                end_while

; YES decision made
                if I_EventCounter ROMAN_CAPTURE_SPOILS_accepted = 1
    				inc_counter spoil_saving_yes 1  
    				set_event_counter ROMAN_CAPTURE_SPOILS_accepted 0
    ;;				historic_event SENATE_APPROVAL
                end_if

; NO decision made
                if I_EventCounter ROMAN_CAPTURE_SPOILS_declined = 1
    				inc_counter senate_spoil_no 1
    				set_event_counter ROMAN_CAPTURE_SPOILS_declined 0 
    ;;				historic_event SENATE_DISAPPROVAL
                end_if
        end_monitor

monitor_event SackSettlement FactionType romani  ;;;;;;ButtonPressed ButtonPressed loot_settlement_enslave_button

end_while

; YES decision made
    				inc_counter spoil_saving_yes 2  
                end_if

; NO decision made
    				inc_counter senate_spoil_no 2
                end_if
        end_monitor

monitor_event ButtonPressed ButtonPressed loot_settlement_extermintate_button

end_while

; YES decision made
    				inc_counter spoil_saving_yes 2  
                end_if

; NO decision made
    				inc_counter senate_spoil_no 2
                end_if
        end_monitor
    Something else I am unsure and start to irritate me, the CharacterSelected event, SettlementSelected CharacterPanelOpen, I_CharacterSelected condition and other variants never seem to work when the selected object is not Local? I have tried everything I could find, from ui scrolls to EnemyCharacterSelected and the like, and I am unable to make anything happen when the selected object is not Local. And of course, even with the not CharacterIsLocal condition. The log don't report errors, nothing happen that's all. If it's for Local, it works.

I would appreciate some insight here, to know if I am wasting my time trying to make it work?

selv, remember that the condition requiring the selection of a character (whether generals or agents) always implies the Local function, meaning it values only and solely for human players, the AI cannot have the same treatment, unfortunately...

The systems can work at the end, but they are just for the human players, essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    selv, remember that the condition requiring the selection of a character (whether generals or agents) always implies the Local function, meaning it values only and solely for human players, the AI cannot have the same treatment, unfortunately...

The systems can work at the end, but they are just for the human players, essentially.
    I know the ai don't 'select' characters or open scrolls, it's not what I mean. I meant the player select one of his characters or settlements, the events and conditions works. The player select a other faction character or whatever, (white circle under it so you know that the object is selected) and nothing trigger. This make my life harder for some special 'missions' or gameplay events, the oracles and some senate things now that Rome is set to be under their control almost all the time, and oracles being not local. I will (again) adapt and change my scripts if need be but I would like a confirmation that we can't trigger anything with selecting not Local object first.

yep, even if you select an AI character with the mouse, the trigger does not start, it counts only for human player selected characters (the ones of your own faction), those of the AI are excluded from the system: it's hardcoded here, nothing to do unfortunately...

Instead, force the trigger through other system, either a building required or a character placed near to the "oracle", for ex. (or in drastic manner, place the oracles under human player control, without possibility to move, so that you can select it anytime you want for triggering)... they can be agents of each "family" faction, and you kill all of those agents via script at preturnstart one, so that all of them disappear and remain only the ones of the playable faction chosen by the player...

With ScrollOpened it's possible to trigger something by double clicking on enemy settlements and characters, but this doesn't allow to test the character type, region, etc...So it's rather useless since it affects every enemy elements of the same nature.

Moreover, something like this:
    Code:
    monitor_event ScrollOpened ScrollOpened enemy_character_info_scroll
        historic_event test
    end_monitor
    will have a weird behaviour:

If you double click on an enemy general, it will fire, but only once: if you do the same thing with another enemy general, or the same, nothing will happen. And if you "select" next an enemy agent, it will not work the first time, but after this it will fire every time...until you double-click again on an enemy general, and in this case, it will first work...and no more next...

With enemy_settlement_info_scroll, it will work everytime...but for every enemy settlements...

hehe, what a mess xD

btw, at least for the human players it's a viable option..

Thanks fellows, and indeed, the ScrollOpened is a mess, I will find something else. If you ask me, it should be precised that firing scripts via selected object or scrolls work only with player object, because it's not that obvious to guess. Nothing else I found in docudemon suggest it, and since you can select not Local stuffs, why scripts woudn't fired from that? It might save time and irritation to remind it.

"Selected" means the thing that the UI is showing information about, in the bottom panel. Specifically in the name box next to the end turn button. You can click on enemy objects but they're never selected as such, not in this way, so "selected" is inherently a player-only thing. I seem to recall that xxxSelected events don't fire during turn end either (even for player faction) - because there's no UI at that time - but I might be wrong about that.

No idea what the EnemyCharacterSelected event is about; I could never get it to fire and it seems to be an oxymoron.

Withwnar my old friend, you are absolutely right... I had never paid attention about the name box, and that non local objects don't show up in it even when selected with the locate button... Well it's not obvious at all in docudemons for the various 'selected' events or conditions. All it say is, 'the player selected y'. Thanks, always useful to keep in mind.

But what is the CharacterPanelOpen event then? Isn't that the panel that open on double click? Does it need to be a local character too for triggering?

And no, selected or anything ui related don't work on turn end, turn start events but that is exactly the point in my case, having more interactions with the ui and less overload on more 'classic' events.

CharacterPanelOpen: if I have ever tried it for AI characters then I don't recall the results. SettlementPanelOpen is flaky; I expect that CharacterPanelOpen would be too, in a way similar to that thread and/or what Erken is describing above about ScrollOpened.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast