Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: List of non or mal functioning script terms (events, conditions and commands)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: List of non functional script terms (events, conditions and commands)

Thanks, list updated.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: List of non functional script terms (events, conditions and commands)

They're events not conditions.

There is a GovernorPlugInFinished condition but no idea if it works. If it only works with the GovernorPlugInCompleted event then it is useless. The GovernorPlugInExists condition does work.

unit_toggle_task_interrupt: The parameter "melee" works ("melee off": only the engaged archers change their weapon, not the whole unit, and the other ones can fire if a target is manualy designated), "fire_at_will" too (regardless of the IG mode though, and by taking precedence over it), but i have never been able to make work "skirmish", "rout", "berserk", and "infighting".

unit_order_attack_closest_unit: The command works, but there is a subtlety not explained in its description: the search arc in degrees is multiplied by two. For example, by using 15 as parameter, you will in fact have an effective arc of 30 degrees (15 degrees on each side of the directional axis as i understand it). Hence, if one uses 360, the command won't work, but with 180 the affected unit will effectively attack the closest unit around.

jericho: the command doesn't work (as mentioned in the docudemons)

CharacterNearHeretic & CharacterNearWitch: This two events are triggered around CharacterTurnEnd, not as soon as the character is on an adjacent tile as one might think.

Blog Entries

Much obliged - added to OP.

A few others:

I_UnitStatus: "idling" works only after a first action of the unit. Apparently, at the beginning of a battle, the status is considered as undetermined.

I_IsUnitIdle: same limitation

I_IsUnitMoveFastSet: works only once per unit, or to be clearer: once the unit is flagged to move fast, it's definitive.

damage_wall: The parameter "gate" is partly broken: the gatehouse is not destroyed, but a section of the wall is damaged as expected.

Blog Entries

damage_wall: Is the gate (entrance) broken? Having the gate house destroyed is futile from the perspective that a wall damage breaches the wall (if memory serves). I would expect a broken gate and disabled oil\tower activities.

The description says "Destroys gatehouse if 'gate' parameter present".

The problem is that the gate is neither broken (or just damaged) nor intact...During a test, the AI was able to attack me immediatly without siege equipment or machines, but just started the battle has ended, the gate being not physically broken and the AI having no other option. And it doesn't work for the player, who needs an equipment. Moreover in a case i was not even able to target the gate with the ram (red cross cursor, but it seems not to be systematic), and there was problems with the sally out too.

The wall is just damaged, not breached (can be done with the parameter "breach").

The towers remain intact, at least physically. I don't remenber if they were still able to fire.

I found that too when testing a couple of settlements...

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    That command also has a "gate" parameter which I was hoping destroyed the gate. Apparently it destroys a gatehouse instead (not the gate itself?) but even that didn't work for me: a random part of the wall was slightly damaged and all gatehouses and gates were totally undamaged.
    I don't know where I got the description of the command from but it says this:

Damage wall of settlement. Forces 40% damage to a random gatehouse and a nearby straight section. Destroys gatehouse if 'gate' parameter present; breaches wall if 'breach' present
    That they explicitly say gatehouse suggests they mean it, not the gate. Maybe they did mean gate though.

EDIT: ninja'd!

EDIT2: that description is in the Kingdoms EXE.
    Last edited by Withwnar; October 04, 2016 at 02:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for confirming, the command shall persevere in the list.

Some more commands:

camera_shake
    - doesn't work: script breaks with "don't recognise this token" error.

spawn_army & spawn_character - don't work in advisor scripts: "not a valid tile" log error no matter what coordinates are used.

Blog Entries

Thanks - added to OP.

set_option : ​Apparently broken. In the console, the error message says "can not set value <music_vol> to option <0>" (the description says <opt_name> first), but invert the order option/value doesn't work either. Tested with different options (but not all), booleans or not, in a script also, without results.

Blog Entries

According to this discussion it would seem that it is also not clear what is meant with <opt_name> or whether it's script only. I'll add it to the list.

Does anyone know how EndedInEnemyZOC actually works? Lots of triggers I've made using that condition have failed to fire.

I made a trait called raid--it is linked and spawned to tile devastation. There are a series of ways to end this trait.

By testing, I've confirmed this trigger removes the raid trait once I end my turn in friendly territory.

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger end_raider3
      WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsGeneral
            and Trait Raid > 0
            and not EndedInEnemyZOC
            and RemainingMPPercentage > 95

Affects Raid -1  Chance  100

By contrast, in my testing simply adding the EndedInEnemyZOC prevents this trigger below from firing. Without the EndedInEnemyZOC condition, the trigger fires normally. I've tried either ending my turn next to an enemy town or in enemy territory at large(while devastating), and the trigger no longer fires.

Code:
    Trigger pahlav_raider
      WhenToTest GeneralDevastatesTile

Condition Trait Raid < 1
            and IsGeneral
            and Trait Supervisor < 1
            and FactionType f_parthia

Affects Raid  1  Chance  100

So, is this condition faulty? Or not?
    Last edited by Genghis Skahn; December 17, 2016 at 09:38 AM.

Maybe EndedInEnemyZOC works only when the unit is blocked? (never used)

In this case, if a general was stopped in an enemy zoc at the end of its move, he would be free at the next CharacterTurnStart, and so before any devastation.

I'm suprised the not EndedInEnemyZOC condition worked to remove the trait(only in friendly territory, no less). Virtually every single time I've tried the positive condition the trigger just doesn't fire.

Blog Entries

I did a simple test with this trait\trigger combination:

Code:
    Trait ZOCBlock
        Characters family

Level ZOCBlock
            Description ZOCBlock_desc
            EffectsDescription ZOCBlock_effects_desc

Threshold  1

Trigger ZOCBlock

Condition EndedInEnemyZOC

Affects ZOCBlock 1  Chance  100 

Trigger ZOCBlockRemove

Condition not EndedInEnemyZOC
        and Trait ZOCBlock > 0

Affects ZOCBlock -1  Chance  100 

{ZOCBlock}ZOCBlock
    {ZOCBlock_desc}Ended up in ZOC
    {ZOCBlock_effects_desc}None
    I tested it in Bare Geomod by sending trusted Rufus into the ZoC of York and then clicked turn end. The pic shows the result at the beginning of the next turn.

The same result was obtained by sieging York. Simply moving Rufus one tile out of York's ZoC was sufficient to remove the trait again at the start of the next turn.

Conclusion: for the condition to be true the character needs to end his move in the ZoC of another faction (neutral or enemy). I tested the neutral ZoC by sending Robert to Angers. Allies do not present a ZoC so I am assuming the condition will not fire in circumstances like this.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 17, 2016 at 10:02 PM.

That is extremely odd--because during my tests of ending my turn in EnemyZOC next to Luppae(in ZOC), I didn't get the raid trait.

Conversely as well, the not EndedInEnemyZOC trigger posted above, does not prematurely cancel my raid trait while in enemy territory and outside friendly territory(tested this yesterday)--even though I wasn't ending my turns in enemyZOC, I was merely ending them in enemy provinces. It only kicks in once I end my turn in allied/friendly territory, like I intended it to.

Blog Entries

Very likely the other conditions interfered, that's why I tested with only the ZoC condition. Your 'not ended' trigger also required 95% remaining MP - meaning the moment you move the character this condition will not become true.

Your 'not ended' trigger also required 95% remaining MP - meaning the moment you move the character this condition will not become true.
    Still, I do find it interesting how the trigger still doesn't cancel my raid trait while in enemy territory, not in direct ZOC, and being totally stationary as well. For eg. I kept the raid trait for 5 years in a single province, even with intermittent stationary stops(moved around mainly to tile devastate). Meanwhile, being stationary in a friendly province DOES cancel the trait, whilst being stationary in enemy territory outside of ZOC doesn't.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast