Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BoTET Technical Assistance

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: BoTET Technical Assistance

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    I always crash after 3-4 turns. Always regardless of situation. I downloaded the game from Moddb.

Any fix?
    are you using steam or non steam?
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

No steam. Its not an issue with the ram or the graphics and the logs do not show anything specific.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Could be a script related issue. Set your log to trace and then check the last lines, if it mentions some historic event then you have fund the culprit: missing text entry in text\historic_events.

I am being besieged at karak kadrin and my towers do not fire at the enemy even though I am ''occupying them''.
    I have noticed the same in other forts when taking them from the enemy Like silverspine from the undead...
    The siege map for karak kadrin and silverspine is almost same,is that intentional?
    Thanks for the mod its wonderful !

Regards
    Argyris

Hellow guys, I have a problem with units retrain while playing for orks, even more i can't merge some of them when they sre damaged. When it comes to trolls and stone trolls they can't be merged with same units even ther is enoght units in squads to merge and they even do not apper as retrainable units even when they can be hired and it is true for both situations, when they can be hired from mercenary pool or from town. Next unit is forest spiders reiders they apperr as retraineble units but they can't be retrained even if they are allowd to hire from merc pool. Plese help if you can =)

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by blackdoon View Post
    Hellow guys, I have a problem with units retrain while playing for orks, even more i can't merge some of them when they sre damaged. When it comes to trolls and stone trolls they can't be merged with same units even ther is enoght units in squads to merge and they even do not apper as retrainable units even when they can be hired and it is true for both situations, when they can be hired from mercenary pool or from town. Next unit is forest spiders reiders they apperr as retraineble units but they can't be retrained even if they are allowd to hire from merc pool. Plese help if you can =)
    merc uints cannot be merged with normal recruitable version of their uints

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

I have some weird issues after some time playing, the game starts to show the texts and menus of the game bugged out, like replacing the "fight battle" symbol with a diplomat symbol and etc... when this happens, if I fight a battle or load a game, it crashes. The only way of dealing with it seems to be restarting the game.
    It also crashes randomly without any apparent reason, quite often as Reikland, I have other save as the dwarves and didn't face so many problems, although the weird bugged text and menu was still happening sometimes.
    EDIT: It seems that sometimes the mod is pretty stable, and then other times it's extremely unstable, crashing to desktop as soon as I click on an army. I was just playing my Reikland save and it was really stable until I attacked a fort with beastmen inside, then it crashed. But still lasted a long time, without any text and menu glitches I mentioned above.
    Last edited by john_peter; October 07, 2017 at 05:46 PM.

icenii's Avatar Civis

@john_peter the that's a known issue which happens if you right click too much in game like on unit cards/info screens/building icons, the team are aware of it, think it happens in base game as well, i believe they have found a fix for it and will be in next release. As for crashing this version is a lot more stable, you are playing the 1.5 beta release right ?
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Yes I am playing the 1.5 beta version. Weird it's so unstable sometimes, but when it's stable, it really does last a good time of turns without crashing.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

'bugged out textures' - that's a memory leak issue. Only solution is to save and restart, usually happens after extended periods of play.

Yes, also, to correct myself, it has nothing to do with factions, my campaigns are very stable and don't really have the problem mentioned with the textures, I was just unlucky that time with Reikland.

When i siege some setlements like Altdorf or middenheim, even if they have small armies in them, the instant i siege them they are filled up with a high tier army out of nowhere. Is this a bug or a feature.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingseawalrus View Post
    When i siege some setlements like Altdorf or middenheim, even if they have small armies in them, the instant i siege them they are filled up with a high tier army out of nowhere. Is this a bug or a feature.
    feature

Damm. Well i guess i just have to just bring better armies against those places.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingseawalrus View Post
    Damm. Well i guess i just have to just bring better armies against those places.
    Exactly. We're making a lot of improvements to the AI, but without breaking hardcoded limitations, it will never behave intelligently enough to defend its most important cities well enough. Places like Altdorf, Middenheim, Karaz-a-Karak, etc., should have massive defensive battles to conquer, not wiping out 2-3 units of basic infantry as a lazy garrison.

Garrison scripts can be annoying, and we're working on fine tuning them, but easily sniping AI capitals and major recruitment centers to cripple them early on is even more annoying.

Hey, not sure if this was a bug or intended. But I noticed while playing as the Dogs of War that in "Tobaro" the Auxiliary Barracks recruits "Tilean Legion" and "Tilean Marksman", not Estalian Units. Even though I think Tobaro is considered part of Estalia. Also I noticed that the "Temple of Stromfels" in Sartosa no longer produces "Sons of Stromfels".

Quote Originally Posted by skyezzer View Post
    Hey, not sure if this was a bug or intended. But I noticed while playing as the Dogs of War that in "Tobaro" the Auxiliary Barracks recruits "Tilean Legion" and "Tilean Marksman", not Estalian Units. Even though I think Tobaro is considered part of Estalia.

It's part of Tilea.
    http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tobaro

Quote Originally Posted by skyezzer View Post
    Also I noticed that the "Temple of Stromfels" in Sartosa no longer produces "Sons of Stromfels".
    Nope, it doesn't. We can't keep everything, due to hardcoded limits, so they're not making the cut.

Just a small problem, but units like dragons or gryphons will have 10 health on the main map, but during battle they are instantly down to six, there are only 3 models and only one of them has a rider, is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Erfarion View Post
    Just a small problem, but units like dragons or gryphons will have 10 health on the main map, but during battle they are instantly down to six, there are only 3 models and only one of them has a rider, is this normal?
    That's normal. They're elephants, and that's how elephants work in Medieval 2.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Question in custom battle when ever i select a settleme t type the game crashes is this feature disables?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast