Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BoTET Technical Assistance

Default Re: BoTET Technical Assistance

Quote Originally Posted by Briggadoon View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have a small question:
    everytime i enter a battle with cirka 2000+ men the game loads and loads and then crashes...
    Is it my Ram (i doubt it because i have a decent laptop for that old game (6GB Ram)) or could it be something else?
    its hard to enjoy this gem. Even on small scale unit mode you get some battles with over 2000 men and those are mostly the most epic ones :/
    Cheers
    Briggadoon
    Most likely either an install issue (follow the tutorials available carefully, check WarhammerWeekEndtimes on youtube for a video step by step) or possibly an issue with your processor. Modern processors have 4, 8, 16 cores, which can be very powerful IF all of them are put to use. Medieval 2 is an old game, though, and only designed to utilize 1 core, which means a beastly 8 core processor might actually end up weaker than an old single or dual core one with more GHz in a single core.

Thanks for the fast response.
    So i looked it up and i have an i3 with 2.4 ghz dual core... not so decent anymore... Always thought all i need is a good load of Ram. Never thought that you need a good cpu for showing lots of pixels... but me no rocketscientist...
    Well so i have to wait for a better pc/laptop to experience an epic fight...
    btw installation was done perfectly as shown on moddb.
    Nevermind and cheers
    Briggadoon

P.S.: Nevertheless you did an awesome job with this mod!

That should be good enough. It's possibly a buggy unit or map. You could try playing a custom battle with loads of Goblins or Zombies and see if that causes a crash.

uh? ok?!? so i should be good?
    i have that problem with a few units (cant point them out, not enough time) from skaven, ogres, khemri and wood elves so far (tried almost all races in custom battle (but not every single unit only a solid meshup of almost all factions) so the problem are the units not the map.

btw i remember now that i modded the skaven ratling gunners for more ammo or so... could you be so kind and send me a vanilla version of the export_descr_unit.txt for version 1.0 (didnt installed the 1.01patch)?
    cheers
    Briggadoon

Hi everybody guys. I hope this is the right section, and i hope my english is enough understandable
    I have a problem about fatal graphic error: i can t start the game cause i get this problem at the beginning of any campaign. When i change my graphic to 1024x768 it works, but all the other times i change that to 1920x1080 I get that kind of error. Any way to fix it?

Hi. Playing As Reikland i experience crash during/after Rebel turn
    Here is log:
    Code:
    20:35:10.887 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <rindban_vnv_trigger> fired20:35:10.887 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <dreadban2_vnv_trigger> fired
    20:35:10.888 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <dreadban2_vnv_trigger> fired
    20:35:10.893 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <console_command> at line 23832 in mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:35:11.090 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worthy_Of_Marriage_1_VnV_Trigger> fired
    20:35:11.090 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worthy_Of_Marriage_2_VnV_Trigger> fired
    20:35:11.090 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worthy_Of_Marriage_3_VnV_Trigger> fired
    20:35:11.090 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worthy_Of_Marriage_4_VnV_Trigger> fired
    20:35:11.090 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worthy_Of_Marriage_loyalty_1> fired
    20:35:11.090 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worthy_Of_Marriage_loyalty_2> fired
    20:35:11.090 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worthy_Of_Marriage_piety_1> fired
    20:35:11.090 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worthy_Of_Marriage_piety_2> fired
    20:35:11.090 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/generic/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga
    20:35:11.091 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    20:35:11.091 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga.dds
    20:35:11.091 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    20:35:11.091 [system.io] [trace] file open,,858D7590,262518
    20:35:11.091 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    20:35:11.288 [bink] [debug] [mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    20:35:11.288 [bink] [debug] [mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    20:35:11.806 [system.rpt] [error] We've failed to prevent The End Times!

And here are lines 23830-23833 from campaign_script.tex in case if they are relevant :
    Code:
        monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave        and I_CompareCounter month > 1
            console_command season summer
        end_monitor

My copy of the mod was working (mostly, it crashed every 3-5 turns in the campaign), but now it's started running headlong into problems. The big two are fighting with a settlement (even selecting 'Town' in Custom Battles crashes the game) and trying to fight a field battle against Wood Elves in North Loren with an Empire army.

I have no idea what I could tweak to even try and fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DaLintyMan View Post
    My copy of the mod was working (mostly, it crashed every 3-5 turns in the campaign), but now it's started running headlong into problems. The big two are fighting with a settlement (even selecting 'Town' in Custom Battles crashes the game) and trying to fight a field battle against Wood Elves in North Loren with an Empire army.

I have no idea what I could tweak to even try and fix this problem.
    For custom battles, first select Fort, then Culture, then the settlement level. For everything else, wait for 1.5, we're fixing those crashes.

Something else that seems to correlate: letting a Spy execute queued moves seems to increase the number of crashes.

carricanta's Avatar Going Nowhere Fast!

First: Thanks a lot for this mod.
    Second: I have a trouble with saved games ´cause i can´t mod the export_descr_buildings file -for instance, Tercio units in regular imperial armies-. When i try to make this unit recruitable, i can´t load the saved game.
    I have experience modding this kind of files for my own joy purposes in different M2TW and even, i modified this file for the first version of Call of Warhammer with success.
    The question is simple: can this files be modified and compatible with saved games?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad grammar.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

M2 is more finnicky with mods than Rome 1. It doesn't let you modify that file without breaking all saves
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    M2 is more finnicky with mods than Rome 1. It doesn't let you modify that file without breaking all saves
    Well, my experience with M2 is different, ´cause i can modify different mods like the first Warhammer, Stainless Steel, Italian Wars and more... and without breaking a saved game.

check this tread
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...er-editing-EDB

You have to enable validation setting. But you will have to start new game.

That might help, but it's still easiest to follow the rule of thumb that the majority of changes you can make aren't save game compatible.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunely i can´t use my saved games with modifications.

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

I have a crash when I try to load an auto save, I have one loading screen art but then it switches to a second one and the game crashes, no idea why.

Here's the crash log:

20:00:18.681 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    20:00:18.750 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt is missing
    20:00:18.750 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    20:00:18.957 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:18.978 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:19.944 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:25.432 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    20:00:25.740 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_PROVINCIAL_CAMPAIGN_PANELS.TGA is missing
    20:00:25.825 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    20:00:25.992 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    20:00:26.812 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.834 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.842 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.843 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.850 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.850 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.851 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.852 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.853 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.855 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.881 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Icon1 Re: BoTET Technical Assistance

Hey guys
    Do you know about the giants crashing battles? My game crashes when i get in range of the medium distans Alive giant skin and the close Dead giant skin

Quote Originally Posted by warl0rd13 View Post
    I have a crash when I try to load an auto save, I have one loading screen art but then it switches to a second one and the game crashes, no idea why.

Here's the crash log:

20:00:18.681 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    20:00:18.750 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt is missing
    20:00:18.750 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    20:00:18.957 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:18.978 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:19.944 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:25.432 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    20:00:25.740 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_PROVINCIAL_CAMPAIGN_PANELS.TGA is missing
    20:00:25.825 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    20:00:25.992 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    20:00:26.812 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.834 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.842 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.843 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.850 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.850 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.851 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.852 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.853 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.855 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    20:00:26.881 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    Are you playing a long campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Væringjar View Post
    Hey guys
    Do you know about the giants crashing battles? My game crashes when i get in range of the medium distans Alive giant skin and the close Dead giant skin
    Yes, we're fixing it in 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Are you playing a long campaign?

Yes, we're fixing it in 1.5.
    i know this is an odd thing but, almost every battle i try and fight in a city, the game always crashes, would you please help?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast