Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: BoTET Technical Assistance

Default BoTET Technical Assistance

This is the place to report bugs and request help.

Firstly, ensure you have followed the latest install instructions from the moddb page here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-wa...-the-end-times

If you have any questions about installation, patching, extracting, or how to run the game, do not ask here, ask on moddb.

For any bugs where the instructions given are to reinstall, make sure to go back to the moddb page to follow the instructions given there carefully, and if they're confusing, do not ask here, ask on moddb.

For everything else, feel free to ask here, but realize that we're always working on the next version, so there's a very good chance we're aware of your bug and may have already fixed it for the next release.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Default Re: BoTET Technical Assistance

Ive been crashing everytime Im trying to engage this waaaggh army of Night Goblins near Altdorf. Like the battle would go on for like a couple of minutes and then BOOM! my game crashes. Anyway to fix this?
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

jimbomen95's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    Ive been crashing everytime Im trying to engage this waaaggh army of Night Goblins near Altdorf. Like the battle would go on for like a couple of minutes and then BOOM! my game crashes. Anyway to fix this?
    The causes of your problem could be multiple, as a bad installation or low RAM memory avaiable. Do you start the game using its own bat.file? Because start the game without using that file can cause many issues, especially in battles. It is in the following directory Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times here there should be a file called "warhammer", try run with it if you haven't done before.
    If instead the crash occurred also when you have run the game in this way then you should post your log.file here, so we can give an eye to it and find the source of the problem.

"For everything else, feel free to ask here, but realize that we're always working on the next version, so there's a very good chance we're aware of your bug and may have already fixed it for the next release."
    I assume this applies to the High Elf campaign where you cannot recuit basic high elf archers or if by change I did something wrong that made the recruitment impossible please do tell me cause I really want those basic archers Dx
    Ps: High Elf chariots and dragon lords.... Also not available in campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by therynator View Post
    "For everything else, feel free to ask here, but realize that we're always working on the next version, so there's a very good chance we're aware of your bug and may have already fixed it for the next release."
    I assume this applies to the High Elf campaign where you cannot recuit basic high elf archers or if by change I did something wrong that made the recruitment impossible please do tell me cause I really want those basic archers Dx
    Ps: High Elf chariots and dragon lords.... Also not available in campaign?
    Absolutely, it's being fixed in the next patch. Everything related to that is being entirely overhauled, anyway.

Hi there i encountered something quite strange i have installed 2 versions of this mod one for steam for mutliplayer puposes without any custum add ons and mods and another without on regualr medievil 2 verison which i can edit. heres whats happened it worked for a while but now my STEAM version is asking for disk is this normal i have no idea why stema version is asking for a disk and it definately is the steam version as i checked file path the game works but for some reason my shortcut and batch files do not launch without disk and it asks for disk to be instered. how do i fix this so i can run the game without disk like steam version supposed to be. Thanks for assistance.

jimbomen95's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    Hi there i encountered something quite strange i have installed 2 versions of this mod one for steam for mutliplayer puposes without any custum add ons and mods and another without on regualr medievil 2 verison which i can edit. heres whats happened it worked for a while but now my STEAM version is asking for disk is this normal i have no idea why stema version is asking for a disk and it definately is the steam version as i checked file path the game works but for some reason my shortcut and batch files do not launch without disk and it asks for disk to be instered. how do i fix this so i can run the game without disk like steam version supposed to be. Thanks for assistance.
    I think the cause of this bug is the fact that have both versions installed could cause issues with the .exe file since they have the same name; maybe is ended that both version start use the same exe file to start, but since retail version required the disk probably also steam version finished to be affected by this "change" and so don't run because of this problem. My suggestion is to try to reinstall each version on separated hard disks, if you have them, so you install on "first" hard disk the retail version and on "second" hard disk the steam version; in this way they should't "collide" between themselfs. If instead the issue persists then I suggest to keep only steam version and to make backup each time you do edits to the files.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    Are you positive you're clicking the .bat in the Steam version's folder? That sounds like a potential registry issue, which is a Windows thing I'm not very qualified to help you with. One suggestion would be to use Steam to do this: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335

If your objective is to simply run two versions of the same mod, I wouldn't bother with 2 separate installations of Medieval 2.
    Just have two copies of the mod folder, and rename them as you wish to play that version.

Unless I've misunderstood, and you're actually making modifications directly to the base Medieval 2 files?

Quote Originally Posted by XViper View Post
    If your objective is to simply run two versions of the same mod, I wouldn't bother with 2 separate installations of Medieval 2.
    Just have two copies of the mod folder, and rename them as you wish to play that version.

Unless I've misunderstood, and you're actually making modifications directly to the base Medieval 2 files?
    This is true, it just needs to be the one with the correct folder name. Add an X to the end of the folder name of the one you're not using and that'll stop it from being loaded. I do that a lot with my work on the mod.

Oh hey, I've noticed a bit of a recurring theme in my M2TW.system.log after some campaign crashes, I'm wondering if it is indeed something that can cause a crash and If It's something I could fix for my game before the patch comes out if it does cause some crashes,
    It's a lot of '03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(x,y,z) does not exist in this map_regions.tga' errors.
    Example log copy paste:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(22,24,24) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(127,0,111) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(65,35,155) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(30,19,63) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(165,255,167) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(75,52,57) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(101,200,90) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(159,0,35) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(40,62,2) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(214,34,164) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(0,247,247) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.458 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(44,67,234) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(159,128,36) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(160,60,60) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(145,229,53) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(20,20,20) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(145,106,175) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(127,0,99) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(65,35,155) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(44,67,234) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(165,255,167) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(75,52,57) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(101,200,90) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(159,0,35) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(40,62,2) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(214,34,164) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(22,24,24) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(30,19,63) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(127,0,111) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

03:12:21.459 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB::Colour(0,247,247) does not exist in this map_regions.tga

The mod is torrent dload version 1.0 and moddb 1.01 patch applied onto it, I didn't edit the .tga file, it looks like this when opened (just in case it got curropted and this is not how it should look like):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would recommend going to moddb and reading the updated install instructions. If you are not already, launch the mod from the warhammer.bat in the mods folder and make sure you have a kingdoms.exe in your medieval 2 folder. if not copy/paste/rename your medieval2.exe and rename to kingdoms(and have kingdoms installed obviously). You should not be getting those errors.

Everytime i double click on Karak Izor region from campaign map, i get crash "We've failed to prevent The End Times". I look at log file, missing some greek_STUFF.tga
    Here is the end of my log file:
    23:28:00.430 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_caves_farms_1_select.tga.dds
    23:28:00.430 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_caves_farms_1_select.tga
    23:28:00.430 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_caves_farms_1_select.tga.dds
    23:28:00.431 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_caves_farms_1_select.tga
    23:28:00.431 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_c_mines_select.tga.dds
    23:28:00.431 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_c_mines_select.tga
    23:28:00.431 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_c_mines_select.tga.dds
    23:28:00.431 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_c_mines_select.tga
    23:28:00.431 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_c_mines.tga,10514
    23:28:00.431 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_c_mines.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.501 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/custom_portraits/Thorgrim/portrait_old.tga,19890
    23:28:13.501 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/custom_portraits/Thorgrim/portrait_old.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.502 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_highways.tga,19388
    23:28:13.502 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_highways.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.502 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_c_mines+2.tga,18817
    23:28:13.502 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_c_mines+2.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.503 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_weapon_smith_1.tga,19388
    23:28:13.503 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_weapon_smith_1.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.503 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_workshop_of_jeweller_1.tga,19388
    23:28:13.504 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_workshop_of_jeweller_1.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.504 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_mint_1.tga,19388
    23:28:13.504 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_mint_1.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.504 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_smith_6.tga,19388
    23:28:13.505 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_smith_6.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.505 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_barracks_4.tga,19388
    23:28:13.505 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_barracks_4.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.505 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_barracks_of_marksmen_3.tga,19388
    23:28:13.505 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_barracks_of_marksmen_3.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.506 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_cannon_arsenal_4.tga,11212
    23:28:13.506 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_cannon_arsenal_4.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.507 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_guild_of_inventors_1.tga,11730
    23:28:13.507 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_guild_of_inventors_1.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.507 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_guild_of_merchants_3.tga,12840
    23:28:13.508 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_guild_of_merchants_3.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.508 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_guild_of_architects_2.tga,10191
    23:28:13.508 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_guild_of_architects_2.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.509 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_halls_of_elders_2.tga,11448
    23:28:13.509 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_halls_of_elders_2.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.509 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_halls_of_grudge_1.tga,8411
    23:28:13.509 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_halls_of_grudge_1.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.510 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_dwarven_tavern_1.tga,19388
    23:28:13.510 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_dwarven_tavern_1.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.510 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_water_drain_1.tga,11140
    23:28:13.511 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_water_drain_1.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.511 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_temple_dwarven_4.tga,12004
    23:28:13.511 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/ui/greek/buildings/construction/#greek_temple_dwarven_4.tga (from: D:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War)
    23:28:13.627 [bink] [debug] [mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    23:28:13.627 [bink] [debug] [mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    23:28:14.953 [system.rpt] [error] We've failed to prevent The End Times!

Chaos has doomed the world!

That's odd, but all the building chains are being 100% redone in the next version, so just avoid the things that crash for now, they'll be fixed in the future.

That's odd, but all the building chains are being 100% redone in the next version, so just avoid the things that crash for now, they'll be fixed in the future.
    Thank you for quick reply. I use recruiting and building button (near end turn button) to enter the management menu of Karak Izor now, and its not crash.

hello im having a blast with this mod, but for some reason my game crash at turn 50 for some reason.

Hi, my game started to crash. I have a save where I'm engaging waaagh with my full stack empire army. Battle loading screen pops for a few seconds and then i get We've failed to prevent end times comm. Same happens with my other empire saves and custom battles, whenever I have full stack army. How can I fix it?
    PS
    I reinstalled MTW, the mod, and am always running it through .bat file. Also used 4gb patch

Quote Originally Posted by Sucheiro View Post
    Hi, my game started to crash. I have a save where I'm engaging waaagh with my full stack empire army. Battle loading screen pops for a few seconds and then i get We've failed to prevent end times comm. Same happens with my other empire saves and custom battles, whenever I have full stack army. How can I fix it?
    PS
    I reinstalled MTW, the mod, and am always running it through .bat file. Also used 4gb patch
    I think some empire cannons cause crash in your case. Did u check it?

Try playing on a lower unit scale if you're crashing from having too many men on the field at once.

Hey guys,
    I have a small question:
    everytime i enter a battle with cirka 2000+ men the game loads and loads and then crashes...
    Is it my Ram (i doubt it because i have a decent laptop for that old game (6GB Ram)) or could it be something else?
    its hard to enjoy this gem. Even on small scale unit mode you get some battles with over 2000 men and those are mostly the most epic ones :/
    Cheers
    Briggadoon

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast