Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOR in DeI 1.1

Default AOR in DeI 1.1

Hello everyone,

i found some AoR maps in this forum. But they are from 2014 i think and i don't but i think they are not up to date.

I think your AoR system is amazing and don't know how much work is in this system. So you have different AoR areas for

-mercannaries
    -main building line for regional troops
    -auxilliar troop wich are dicided in troop available in every reform and troop only for marian and most of them only for empirial reform.
    - wich are also different

I think so much i understand.

But is there any up to date version. Or are you waiting for 1.2 update.

Maybe I can help if somebody shows me how to crate such a map. And maybe it is posible to connect the name with a hole unit discription and what is the role of the unit.

This would be such a sisiphus work.
    I totaly love your units and models. Really great.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Default Re: AOR in DeI 1.1

This is what i found

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Thanks for offering help, but I think we are good Several of us know how to use Photoshop, some better than others (Litharion that is). And so when we are creating new AOR maps it wont be a problem.
    And as for if they are out dated atm, Im not sure. I think its pretty accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than a few units here or there that were added that should be accurate.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Mhh okay thanks. Because in the region of pannonia i can only recruit noricene lugoae.
    Roman culture is at 68 percent i control the whole region.
    Have town level two and the timber region is even 3.
    do you know why i can only recruit one troop.

And town building saying this:

Sorry for the german version.

I have emperor edition of rome 2
    And i use steam. I added the 6 parts version from steam.
    - Faster battles 2.0 submod
    - german language submod
    - no po garrison negative
    - bullgod icon pack

I also tried the all factions playable mod but its deactivated at the moment.

Pannonia is weird because it shares its region with Raetia et Noricum but really only has the levies unit. The other units are mostly all recruitable from the raetia et noricum regions and the capitals 3+ tier

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

you can recruit different Cataphracts, horseman and wicked smaart spearmen in Pannonia after marian reforms/auxilla barracks as Rome.

Thank you for the answers. So i found out that sicily is awesome. Some many different types of troops. Even spearman whiteshield and hoblite and crossbow units. Really cool.

#heinz guderian, so i think i need an other auxilia barrack here. I love cataphracts. I even want to make a speerman/ heavy cataphract stack.
    And another building spot that will never produce food or give me money. [emoji38]

# dresden: thank you for this awesome mod. And playing as rome makes so mich fun. With all the different troop types. You can just play any type of battle style you want to try.

Is the AoR system also in the augustus campain? Do romans still have auxilia barracks? Haven't tried it yet.
    Puh i just want to play so many other factions now and i have just not enought time.

Yes all systems are in all campaigns.

Also, to be clear about the original question, I think the inability to recruit some of those units in the timber region is a bug.

I found another one. In massalia i can not recruit massalian hoblites in marian reforms. "Need higher reform" But i can recruit the better armored massalian hoblites. Shouldn't that be the other way.

And at the moment i have the feeling that my normal legionaries are much better than every other unit. Simply by high armor and morale. I have battle difficulty on very high. I often win fast because if some light units of the AI are routing the rest of the army does this too.

For now i try to reduce heavy infantry and fight with lighter troops to make battles harder.

The auxiliary units are there to recruit when you don't have dominant culture and for flavor. The population mod will make it more important.

Massalian hoplites I think are supposed to be phased out after Marian, the text is simply shared by all reform restrictions.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

i have a friend that captures Vesonto (Germania inferior) and builds an Aux barracks there as Rome. THen he recruits all the Germans (Batavians, Sequanis etc and those bad ass light infantry and cav) there into a legion and renames it the Liebstandarte SS Adolf Hitler as he sends it towards Sarmatia/Scythia. He's pretty quiet at parties. He's ok though.

"I have a friend"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a somewhat related question, I'm playing the Augustus campaign at the moment, but I cant get Creaton Auxilia archers. Does the camp need to be built on crete itself? Or does my army need to be on the island to recruit?

Btw: Big fan of the mod

I think the camp needs to be on Crete itself. It's one of the very few situations where that is the case though.

Some a region based, but most a province based. Ivan would know which ones are region based, he is kindda obsessed with Rome.

If I'm with Massalia and want to hire cretan archers as AOR (as Rome can do) Should I need to build up the auxiliary camp? cause right now I can only hire them as mercs wich is way more expensive.

Huh? Massalia can't build an auxiliary camp. You have to build up the main city chain on Crete for other factions. At level 3, you should be able to recruit AOR Cretan Archers. The mercenary ones actually have slightly better morale though, but they are much more expensive.

Hatg campaign not GC , sorry not to mention it. In this case what should I do ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast