Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Hordes hold 40 units!

Default Make Hordes hold 40 units!

At first when I saw that the hordes cannot stay too close ot each other as they woudl start fighting and so create attrition I thought ok , seems cool ... but when the game progresses this heavily penalizes the Chaos making too difficult to complete a game because the AI always spawns several armies and chase you with several of them and you cannot fight back with one single horde and even if you mass stack 2 or more of yours you can make one battle then you have the armies decimated by the battle and the attrition and the other AI stacks will destroy you , so I think this feature needs to be mitigated somehow or removed , Perhaps a solution could be to make the hords able to host up to 40 units instead of just 20 , after all its an horde and not an army !

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Default Re: Make Hordes hold 40 units!

Lightning attack

Probably a technical limitation preventing army from holding forty units in campaign map. The portraits are already squished as it is in battle mode.

Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    Lightning attack
    I have on all my leaders and after a first attack or several u expose too much ur army and then u get surrounded and also u can't use the reinforcements in fast attacks.

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Technically there is no problem to have 40 units as it worked for previous games. The thing is that the change will affect all armies.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Mods dude. Theres a fix for all your problems. Just look it up.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I usually play with 41-61 unit stacks, so there's no technical limitation, but I don't think it's possible to only make certain armies double size. That would make interesting campaigns, though!

That's the sort of thing I wish CA would experiment with. Like, take the Skaven for example. They're supposed to be virtually numberless, so they will likely portray that the same way they've done with Orcs. But what if the let Skaven stacks hold 30-40 units, instead of the regular 20? That would be an interesting change.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Mods dude. Theres a fix for all your problems. Just look it up.
    No , mods are not for fixing bugs or solve problems with the game, Mods are for adding new things that go too far from the original game ideas.
    Like extending units, adding new mechanics eventually or even retexture the units at a new personal flavor .
    We shouln't rely on mods for fixing stuff.

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    No , mods are not for fixing bugs or solve problems with the game, Mods are for adding new things that go too far from the original game ideas.
    Like extending units, adding new mechanics eventually or even retexture the units at a new personal flavor .
    It is neither a problem nor a bug, it is just a design decision that you don’t like so it is typically something you that can be changed by mods.
    Many peoples have finished the chaos campaign without problems.
    The infighting is just an additional challenge that has plenty of in game solutions:
    Chaos troops are above average so some 20 vs 40 units can be won.
    You can use lightning strike.
    You can retreat when you couldn’t win the battle.
    You can use your agents to spot the incoming armies and avoid battles that cannot be won…

Quote Originally Posted by edeheusch View Post
    It is neither a problem nor a bug, it is just a design decision that you don’t like so it is typically something you that can be changed by mods.
    The infighting is just an additional challenge that has plenty of in game solutions:
    You can use your agents to spot the incoming armies and avoid battles that cannot be won…
    Chaos units are not above average, actually Dwarves and some units of Vampires are ... As for the Campaign I finished it too, but this doesn't means there isn't a problem.

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

I agree.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    I agree.
    why exactly? for this is what mod are for fixing design choices people disagree whit
    for example I disagree whit the VC healing cap in SP so I took a mod to change it
    Quote Originally Posted by edeheusch View Post
    I agree whit you
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; September 12, 2016 at 10:28 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    why exactly? for this is what mod are for fixing design choices people disagree whit
    for example I disagree whit the VC healing cap in SP so I took a mod to change it
    May I go Off Topic just a little by asking with which mod you removed it?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post

I agree whit you
    Design decisions aren't a bug, though there are some design decisions that are simply taken for lack of time, sloppyness or misinformation .

So mods do usually either improve adding content or change the content to pursue a specific goal , good or bad that it can be .

But this alters vanilla experience and disables the achievements, wich I personally like to get .

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Chaos units are above average. Chaos Warriors will pretty much defeat their equivalents.
    Theyll definitely win against Empire Swirdsmen. I'm sure they win against Dwarf Warriors, Ork Big Uns

Patrician

Mods never disable achievements.

It is easy to mod your game to allow armies at 40 unit size. I just wish that it could go past 20 with certain conditions. For example, I play mostly as the Vampire Counts, and my 40 man stacks always include 8 skeletons plus 8 zombies. Late in the game you simply cannot use these throw away units against Chaos or Dwarven armies, because their infantry is so powerful, but with 40 slots, you've got a bit of room. Armies should include some fodder, and a stack of 40 gives you the flexibility to do so. I just wish that I could find a mod that adjusts quest battles and horde units to bigger stacks, because the beastmen are never a factor in my campaigns. (They weren't when I was 20 max size armies either though).
    Last edited by Darviathar; September 12, 2016 at 03:43 PM.

Yeh but kind of using mods, its like cheating to me if the game was designed like that , I have to beat it like that, but this doesn't means that I can't sugest new features or criticize it when its due.

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Yeh but kind of using mods, its like cheating to me if the game was designed like that , I have to beat it like that, but this doesn't means that I can't sugest new features or criticize it when its due.
    The computer WILL stack beyond 20. I've had many titanic 40 v 40 battles with the Dwarf factions that have gone down to the last few units. This is just a joy to experience. One in particular I won only because of Vlad and his abilities.

What is not a joy is that that Chaos doesn't seem to stack much beyond 20. I've seen 22-25 or so, but not even Archaon has 40 units, and that is what I keep hoping for.

Patrician

Most of balance and improvement mods (not those Chaos 10x more money, no upkeep etc) actually make things harder then base game... Vanilla game is soo easy that it is more like cheating, then if you would go with some of the mods. For me the base game is unplayable without mods, while with mods it turns into one of the best TW games ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast