Thread: Volkmar in the campaign

Default Volkmar in the campaign

Is Volkmar avaible in the campaign, when playing as Karl Franz?

Default Re: Volkmar in the campaign

All LLs are available. You need a lvl 2 temple for Volkmar i think.

thanks

With Volkmar as starting legendary lord, you can recruit level 20 warrior priest. Without him, you can recruit level 18 warrior priest. Considering how easy it is to construct buildings, I recommend starting as karl franz.

I've installed Grim & Grave at about 50 turn, playing as Karl Franz, and I though Volkmar will be visible in recruitment panel, just like Gorst. I'm using Radious mod, and I'm not sure which building will unlock him.

drillmaster already mentioned it
    Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    You need a lvl 2 temple

Easier to get Karl Franz in most difficulty levels- just requires to confederate some faction while I find building space for temples isn't freely available until turn 50+ in most of my campaigns.

Yes but Franz has the best starting faction traits and is the best general. Volkman offers nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeo XIII View Post
    I've installed Grim & Grave at about 50 turn, playing as Karl Franz, and I though Volkmar will be visible in recruitment panel, just like Gorst. I'm using Radious mod, and I'm not sure which building will unlock him.
    You have to start a new campaign, too. Doesn't work with pre-patch-savegames.

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Yes but Franz has the best starting faction traits and is the best general. Volkman offers nothing.
    Staff of Command +5 PO faction wide is pretty good and Volkmar + prayers + war altar might actually be better than KF vs most enemies holding the line though KF with Deathclaw can control better large battles. The Flaggellents even with all upgrades are just mediocre- they aren't bad and can hold awhile but get shredded surprisingly fast though in the early/mid campaign they are certainly fun to use.

Balthasar Gelt is not very useful as a general so Volkmar or KF are the two main LLs though as Empire I usually only manage to get 3-4 Lords leveled up so at least Volkmar adds a strong 2nd option as a battle general.

But it takes you to reach level 15 to finish the prequisits for the Staff of Command, I think it takes less time to build a Level 2 Temple