Thread: Game Crashing Repeatedly

Default Game Crashing Repeatedly

At first it was just crashing at the end of a battle and I was going to go the way of simulating the battle, then moving on to the next. After playing the battle a third time and having it crash, I simulated the battle, only to have the simulation crash the game.

Now when I go to start a new campaign, it crashes the game in the loading screen to open the campaign. I normally have to check and clear one specific file,

bg_boot_zor.pack

after I clear the file, Ive usually been good to go, although this battle crashing has happened a few times and I still hadnt been able to figure it out.

Its just a basic Empire Total War has stopped working and needs to be shut down error messages. If anyone has any advice, Id love to hear it. I search a little for an answer but didnt find one with someone who had the exact issue.

*EDIT*

I see some folks are having trouble with the 2.6, Ill do more research into that, until then, Ill continue to accept answers to help solve either of my issues. Thanks!
    Last edited by hockeyguy6759; September 09, 2016 at 08:36 PM.

Default Re: Game Crashing Repeatedly

Looks like I was able to get it fixed, had a friend help so I couldnt give the exact details of what it was, but we had to uninstall and re-install a few things to get it to work. If you need to delete this thread be my guest! I tried but cant figure it out

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

If you could be more precise about what you fixed and how, it may be very useful for someone else having a similar problem.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

I have a similiar problem.I did everything like the instrucions told me to do and every time i pick US or CS it launches and there is a picture of a confederate general for about 4-5 seconds and then it crashes and yes i unclicked and reclicked zone of recruitment but when i first opened the launcher zone of recruitment was NOT on.I someone could help me i would be grateful