View Poll Results: Do you like these changes ?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • Nope

0 0%

Thread: Suggestions - Feedback

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Icon1 Suggestions - Feedback

This mod is great, i enjoy it so much but i find some aspects very frustrating and im going to list here some things that i think should be changed and improved.

1. I'm constantly getting 6-10 messages every turn telling me that factions are bankrupt and their mercenaries abandoned them, i think it's because you spawn them too much army and too little money. Giving them more money might not be fair to the player because then the AI can just spam the player with too many stacks of armies.
    You could give the factions full stacks a bit more rarely, for example give them a full stack only when you spawn a very important character or event, the rest just spawn them the general with good attributes and like 5 very experienced units.

2. Rebels spawning out of nowhere and besieging with many full stacks exactly in the same turn you capture a settlement. This will never make people happy because we get caught with our kings, or other important generals and a weakened army inside the city and we can't win, we have no chance, and i personally don't like to see the king that i wasted 5 hours to train get killed by 2-4 stacks that appear out of thin air.

I understand that the idea was for the population there to mount a counter-attack to free their home, but it needs to be more acceptable and realistic, you should give the player a message warning them that the locals in province X will counter attack in 1-2 years to free their homeland. A message like this "Our spies report the locals are unhappy we have invaded their homeland and they will mount an offensive to retake their home, our spies approximate they will have enough strength for an attack in 2 years".
    Try and spawn the rebels inside the province and NOT on top of the settlement, make the army attack the players settlement at least after 1 turn after they spawned. If you give them artillery, give them more than 2 units because in my case they ran out of ammo and did not breach my walls and refused to attack even after i opened the gates.

3. Capitals spawning full stacks and besieging in same turn. Since the faction ALREADY has other provinces, spawn the armies near THEIR towns, and script them to go attack the former capital in 2-3 turns and give the player a warning message, don't spawn on top of "conquered capital", it's unrealistic. When a province is conquered in real life, the army that comes to free it comes from the remaining free provinces, so it makes sense to spawn the army near that factions settlements.

4. King and the loyalty system. Please remove entirely the thing where you have to take your king to your original capital for him to be crowned, it does not work, especially if you change your capital or if it gets conquered. Give the kings the crown as soon as they become kings.

The trait "offends the nobility" appears too often out of nowhere, all my kings got it from the first 1-2 turns since they became kings, and it sparked loss of loyalty in all family members and started the civil war. Either remove it completely or make it harder to appear, like when the king does something very stupid, loses some battles, loses important towns, fails to do missions, makes peace too soon, marries daughter or son to former enemies, etc, i don't know, but out of the blue is not a good idea.

King's authority , you should reduce the required king's authority for civil war from 8 to 5, 8 is too much, so far i played the mod for 2 days and i was permanently in civil war because of it, as soon as i got 8, a trait appeared that lowered it by 1 or 2. When i finally got 8 and stopped the civil war my king died and the prince became king and he had just 3 authority because i was always using the king to get 8 aut. to stop the bloody civil war. When i got 8 he died and potato prince with 3 became king and next turn my best army turned rebel and it drove me potato mad and i deleted the entire campain_scrips and traits.

5. The horde system. I find the horde system a complete must to all Medieval mods, i'm glad your mod has it. The only suggestion for this is if you can add that little star on the minimap that shows you the position of the horde factions like i saw in other mods.

6. Water color on minimap. I personally think it's a bit irritating to the eyes ... needs to be textured a bit or darkened. Make it that vanilla blue if possible.

A bug : In Adrianopolis there is a level of the Castle i think that does not have colision, units walk trough the walls, making siege equipment useless and trough buildings.

I will add more when i find things i think could be changed for the best.

You mod is awesome and you have great ideas but it's very irritating to plan an expedition, spend so much time and money to make an elite strong army with an elite leader just to see them butchered by 3 stacks that fall randomly out of the sky after you just won a "Heroic Victory" that weakened your elite army. It needs to be improved.

EDIT (8 sep) : The name of the town "Lasi" is wrong, the name is "Iasi" with "i" not "L".
    Last edited by dlcatalin; September 08, 2016 at 08:24 AM.

Default Re: Suggestions - Feedback

your point 1;1. I'm constantly getting 6-10 messages every turn is telling me that you have not the latest version of this mod,do you install mine submod,all the parts of it,you schould have only one message of bankrupsy,and that message schould be only from your own faction,not from other factions. the characters that are comming are historical figures that have existed in that time(and i like them as we have too fight against real characters and not bobby and dilly),and yes i will make their armies smaller,but i have not seen much factions that are really bankrupsy as their are some scripts that take care of this,sometimes the player gets too historical characters and i must say that even me playing with faction poland got then money problems becausce i could not handle those expanded arymies,so i will make them smaller, i agree.

your point 2:2. Rebels spawning out of nowhere and besieging with many full stacks exactly in the same turn you capture a settlement. i must say these where mine first scripts and yes they come compleetly of suprise out of nowhere(but these are historical true rebellions)but i will geve player more of change and make it motr realistic,and i will make them better,you have a good idea their so i will try too do it like that are maybe compleetly remove it,even though it will take some time.

your point 3 looks the same as point 2

your point 4, about the loyallity system,and about the crown,something telling me thet you not are playing mine latest version,as if a king got no crown for what reason whatsever,he will be crowned by words and will get more authority and more,but if he can reconquer his original capital and can be crowned their he gets more good things,after all a king who lost his capital,schould at least try too reconquer it,even if he dies in the battle lol.i known 8 authority looks much but i never had a real problem too get this and the rebbellion will normally only be in the beginning very hard but if he has already more then 5 authority then not much generals will rebel,but i will make a file without the civil war for those thet want too play without it it's 1 minute work.but it's really long time and thought about it too get it like this.

your point 5 is strange,normally their schould be a star that is showing the horde factions.

your point 6;about this a known nthing as am just a player and not a real modder but i can put new units in the mode make traits and other things but not this as the great aetagina and master zuma,and the other origal modders did this great mod the basics,am just try too clean the ctd's and put new units in it and make other things better.

A bug : In Adrianopolis there is a level of the Castle i think that does not have colision, units walk trough the walls, making siege equipment useless and trough buildings. i think a already found a solution for this:IF YOU ARE PLAYING WITH EASTERN ROMANS AND YOU DON't WANT THE ENEMY TOO WALK THROUGH YOUR CASTLE WALLS JUST GO TOO DSA\DATA\SETTLEMENTS AND DISTROY THE MAP; south_european.(its really sad that you can walk through those walls becausce the buildins and all are really looking good.

about Lasi,i thought i already corrected this look at the latest version of mine submod.

maybe i can make the trebuchet more effectif agains the walls soo the enemy can go through the walls

and thank you about your feedback,i will try too make the changes that you suggested,but it will take some time,but yes as turtle player and the scripts knowing i was not awear the sweat,blood and tears the players sometimes get lol
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; September 08, 2016 at 11:21 AM.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

I installed from here : www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?497890-LASTEST-VERSION-24-MARCH-2016!!STEVIETHECONQUER-SUBMOD-FOR-VERSION-0-80

Lol i already modified the traits file and made the authority for "insults nobles" and other negative traits 1 point so i will never have problems.
    Like i said before, the ideas are great, but they are so brutal when you are in a difficult situation.

I modified the campaign script and traits file and now i can play happy. I play pretend. You know there is a theory that the Templars went to Scotland and helped defeat the English and bla bla bla bla.

That's the story im going for, but instead i'm going to Romania, to help free the Romanian principalities from the Poles and the Hungarians to form a new powerful state of crusaders and Romanians. I really got defeated in the Middle East, the muslims Jihaded me and overwhelmed me and i had no choice but to plunder my own settlements (selling buildings and maxing tax) to gather my wealth and finance my expedition to new lands ... Romania. Now i'm at the point of being excommunicated by the Pope for attacking the Hungarians, but the pope is not my friend, he killed the TEMPLARS with the king of France ! The crusaders march forth ! Deus Vult ! ))))))))))
    Last edited by dlcatalin; September 09, 2016 at 03:40 AM.

just have fun!but middle ages where not a easy time the factionleader had too proof he was a authority leader, if not they just walked over him lol.
    am already making it,

and if you have more then one message of bankrupsy(like from other factions then it can not be that you play the latest version.

and you can even go too india and play a little bit with the elephants!

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Yea, i can barely wait to send my crusaders to teach the Mongols and Indians the word of the bible ))

newdownloadlink;tryed too make your suggestions,it is now easier,try it and give some feedback(and ctd's hopelly not) but got too start a new campaign too.watch the messages,their are some.

full upload FA ; downloadlink 1
    downloadlink 2
    downloadlink 3
    downloadlink part 4;l
    new update FAsteviessubmod;part BELLUMPART1link:
    BELLUM Part TWO
    XXXXXXjukomancossacks368sumskiltzpaccogustaveRazorclivusunits;downlink:

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Nice, thank you man. I have to start a new game anyway. As the Crusaders i got beaten from the Middle East and i moved to Romania. It was nice until i got attacked by Hungary, Poland and the Russians at the same time. And also the Lithuanians turned horde and invaded my country. I lost all settlements and i was forced to horde lol. Now i was moving to Scotland, like the real Templars )) No wonder they picked Scotland, it's safe. Only England to fight. U where right, being a turtle does not pay up in this mod ))

Yes you where right, there is a star on the minimap showing where the hordes are but only if they are spotted I forgot about that, i thought it shows you always where they are.
    Last edited by dlcatalin; September 12, 2016 at 12:01 AM.

and you where right about lasi,a thought i already changed this one,so next update it will call Iasi.

templars are nowhere save,as they known they have a lot of money on their boats lol.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Looks like the best way to go with Crusaders is to imitate history, plunder the Middle East, then plunder your own towns, abandon them and set forth to Scotland. Scotland is easy to kill off, England also, and you are safe from invasions because it's an island . You're not going to get attacked by 3-4 factions at once there.

It would be a nice idea to get some money after you lose all your settlements in the Middle East to reflect the wealth the Templars had in real life, they where lending money to kings. It is said this is one of the biggest reason the French king went after them, he was bankrupt and wanted their money.

I could add them with "add_money" cheat but it feels wrong

Would be nice to get a message telling a bit of history about their wealth after you lose all your settlements in the Middle East and about 30.000 - 50.000 dinars to finance you to new lands.

well cheatin with add money is sometimes not cheating as this is only a game and i think their was a lot of traitors and cheaters around in the medieval times,it's in all the time period they are.
    but crusaders was not templars,they where from everywhere and nowhere lol.lost in time.