Thread: (Bannerlord) Which faction will you join first?

cjm81499's Avatar Biarchus

Default (Bannerlord) Which faction will you join first?

I am thinking I will join the Battanians first. They get longbowmen, and I reckon they will be deadly and awesome. And good for both sieges and pitched battles.

(Description of each faction if you don't know them) ---> http://nichegamer.com/2014/09/01/mou...ions-and-lore/

"There’s the Vlandians, a tribe whose chieftains have become feudal lords and are renowned for their skills as heavy cavalry. There’s the Sturgians, who colonized the forests of the north and specialize in axe- and sword-armed footmen. The Aserai live in the scrubland and desert oases of the south and fight on both horseback and foot. The Khuzaits, a steppe tribe that conquered the trading cities of the east, make heavy use of horse archers. The Battanians meanwhile are skilled in exploiting their native woodlands, and are deadly in ambushes, be it a shower of arrows or a screaming charge out of the trees. The Empire has spent generations honing the arts of combined-arms warfare, with cataphracts, spear formations, and archers all doing their part on the battlefield."
    "I have never advocated war, except as a means of peace." -Ulysses S. Grant

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cjm81499/ <--- my Steam profile (add me if you'd like)

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: (Bannerlord) Which faction will you join first?

I think I am going to play the Aserai and recruit some Khuzaits mercenaries as my personal "Ghulam". If the mercenary system is nice I will definitively play as a mercenary captain in service of the Empire before I found my kingdom in the desert. I will recruit some Sturgians mercenaries too. They look fun and effective. The perfect shock troops to defend my fortress. A bodyguard of Khuzaits and Sturgians in support of Aserai troops sounds like a deadly combo.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

So you can play as the Empire? Technically, the Byzantines?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Yes, i think the answer is yes