Thread: 1220 - Late campaign modifications

Default 1220 - Late campaign modifications

Hi all. I have created a 1220 submod for my personal use and although it's rough and amateur work, I thought maybe some would be interested into trying it, so I am sharing it here. The main changes are that I have replaced Sicily, Kievan Rus, the Timurids and the Teutonic Order, with The Latin Empire, Serbia, Bulgaria and The Despotate of Epirus. The Byzantine Empire is now the Empire of Nicaea. Also, some areas have been added to Asia Minor and the Balkans, starting positions are more accurate and the Roman factions now have access to pike/halberd/some plated units in the later stages of the game. Some captain textures are missing and the banners aren't the best you've ever seen, but I think it offers a more fun, chaotic game in the Balkans. I have mainly played as Nicaea and my aim was to create a challenging campaign for this faction ,so I don't know how well the rest will fare and what errors you may find. Anyway, the instructions are:

1. Select late campaign in SS6.4 setup.
    2. Choose whatever settings you wish, but DO NOT select permanent watchtowers.
    3. Finish and close the setup but don't start a game.
    4. Unzip the attached file in SS6.4 mod subfolder and replace with the zipped files all the files in the data folder.
    5. Delete map.rwm in \mods\SS6.3\data\world\maps\base folder.
    6. Start SS6.4 and hopefully enjoy.

Before this you should probably backup your saved games and maybe your SS6.4 folder, if you don't want to reinstall the mod in case you need to.

Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 1220 - Late campaign modifications

Wonderful! Some screenshots would be nice

Last time I pretty much uploaded what I had done and abandoned my mod and the game. Now with the quarantine I revisited and noticed that my upload may had been missing some files. I am reattaching the files here if anyone is interested. The instructions are the same. I am also attaching some screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200428162409_1.jpg   20200428162322_1.jpg   20200428162306_1.jpg   20200428162300_1.jpg   20200428162253_2.jpg  

20200428162240_1.jpg  

JohnD18's Avatar Libertus

Panteli, your beautifull mod brings me back when i was try to start the campaign! Thank you!

Haha it's nice to see someone else also enjoyed this. It's unpolished but I think it does the trick if you want to focus on the Balkans and Asia Minor after the fourth crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelis View Post
    Haha it's nice to see someone else also enjoyed this. It's unpolished but I think it does the trick if you want to focus on the Balkans and Asia Minor after the fourth crusade
    Καλησπέρα. Είναι όντως το μοναδικό mod που ασχολείται με τα χρονια της Φραγκοκρατίας και 'Ευχαριστω πολύ που το δημιούργησες!
    Όμως όταν πάω να ξεκινήσω την campaign, αντί να φορτώσει με γυρίζει στο αρχικό μενού!

Πρέπει να δεις το system.log για να δεις που είναι το πρόβλημα. Ακολούθησες τις οδηγίες που είχα στο πρώτο ποστ; Έσβησες και το map αρχείο; Αν τα κάνεις αυτά σε καθαρό install του kingdoms και του SS6.4 χρησιμοποιώντας το zip του δεύτερου ποστ μου, παίζει. Το πρώτο όντως δεν πρέπει να έπαιζε.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

JohnD18 & Pantelis,

This is an English speaking forum, please refrain from using any other language

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    JohnD18 & Pantelis,

This is an English speaking forum, please refrain from using any other language

You have right. Im sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelis View Post
    Πρέπει να δεις το system.log για να δεις που είναι το πρόβλημα. Ακολούθησες τις οδηγίες που είχα στο πρώτο ποστ; Έσβησες και το map αρχείο; Αν τα κάνεις αυτά σε καθαρό install του kingdoms και του SS6.4 χρησιμοποιώντας το zip του δεύτερου ποστ μου, παίζει. Το πρώτο όντως δεν πρέπει να έπαιζε.
    You are correct. I forget to delete the map!

As a big Byzantine player, this excites me. Finally a proper Latin Empire to send scurrying from my lands!

Mixed feelings about losing Sicily as its own faction though. Is that due to a limit on the number of factions we can have?
    Last edited by Lin117; November 12, 2020 at 10:04 PM.

Unfortunately there is a very small faction limit so factions have to be removed for others to be added. And since Sicily and HRE were under the same ruler on 1220, it was an obvious choice.

Having said that, I also removed the Cumans, Kwarezm and Lithuania to add The Principality of Achaea, The Kingdom of Thessalonia and The Empire of Trebizond. I also made the rebels stronger and made some other minor corrections.

I wanted to update my first post to have this but couldn't find how. So you can download the zip files from here and follow the same procedure:

1. Select late campaign in SS6.4 setup.
    2. Choose whatever settings you wish, but DO NOT select permanent watchtowers.
    3. Finish and close the setup but don't start a game.
    4. Unzip both attached files in the SS6.4 mod data subfolder -> \SS6.3\data\ and select to replace common files.
    5. Delete map.rwm in \SS6.3\data\world\maps\base folder.
    6. Delete event, sfx, voice both .dat and .idx files (6 files in total) in \SS6.3\data\sounds to get the correct accents.
    7. Start SS6.4 and hopefully enjoy.