Thread: Get on the damn griffon, Boris!

Default Get on the damn griffon, Boris!

So, after many, many, many turns of passive-aggressive blustering - including pointless treaty-breaking, and presumably rude gestures directed at Karl Franz' back when he's not looking - I finally managed to convince Todbringer to confederate; nothing like endless hordes of Norscan reavers looting, pillaging, and generally putting everything to the torch to put things in perspective. Guess ol' Boris didn't want Middenland to suffer the same fate as Nordland... and Ostland... and Ostermark...

Smart move. I even made him Reichsmarchall to placate his ego. Now he's Reichsmarchall Boris the Bloody, and he brings the Hammer down on Norscan invaders, burns their staging grounds and generally forces them to reap what they've sown three-fold, all in the name of Franz! Excellent, excellent. Only one thing: he absolutely refuses to ride a horse. That's fine, I guess. Stubborn old bastard doesn't need a horse to "Bring the Tod", as it were - something he does extraordinarily well. I generally like to have my lords mount up, because otherwise it looks a little silly (he's nobility, after all, not some indigent peasant), but whatever. As long as Boris keeps bringing the tod, all is well. Doesn't really need a horse anyway. A griffon on the other hand...

I mean, Franz gets a griffon... If Franz gets a griffon, why shouldn't Todbringer get a griffon?... I imagine Boris grumbling. Fine, then. Anything to keep the Hammer of the Norscans happy. One griffon coming up, straight from the Imperial menagerie. Only, now that he has it - and after expending a considerable number of character points to get it - HE WON'T. GET. ON. THE. DAMN. GRIFFON. Come on, Boris. I know it's not "Deathclaw," but I ordered it for you special. None of my other grafs have a griffon - just you and the Franz. NOPE. Won't ride it. I'm not even presented with the option to have him ride it (...just a helpful tool tip suggesting I can make various mounts available by investing points in the appropriate skills, WHICH I HAVE ALREADY DONE, THANK YOU). Is this because of his funny leg? I mean, we can rig you up a special saddle, Boris, if that's the problem.You'd think sailing around on your own personal griffon would be a lot easier and more stylish than limping along behind your warhost, but whatever.

Maybe he's doing it on purpose: like, "Franz has a griffon? HA. So do I! But I don't even RIDE mine! I keep it chained up in the garden back back in Middenheim! A REAL MAN doesn't need some PUFFED UP CHICKEN to fight the hordes of chaos! I march into battle dragging my club foot behind me LIKE SIGMAR INTENDED. Never saw SIGMAR riding an oversized chicken, did you?!!!"

Sigh.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Get on the damn griffon, Boris!

should be fixed in latest patch by CA
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Middenlanders, am I right?

Uummmm sorry to be that guy but Boris is Ulrican not Sigmarite..... just saying[emoji51]

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Uummmm sorry to be that guy but Boris is Ulrican not Sigmarite..... just saying[emoji51]
    Tell that to the AI, which decided to build a wizard's conclave in Middenheim instead of the great temple of Ulric.

Well of course Boris doesn't want to ride a griffon. If that pansy Franz gets a griffon then Boris needs a golden dragon or luminark roller skates or 16 dwarfs carrying 4 dwarfen kings who are in turn carrying Boris. Now that's a toddin'.