Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion ~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

SUCCESS!!!!!! I am most pleased, thank you good sir for your patience and continuing help

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion ~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

No prob, just report bugs and balance crap and we are even.

Cheers mate!
    first things first, bloddy love the turn times! man oh mand oes that make things sweet.
    and oh ya i almost forgot about the angband death stacks at turn 12 lol, had to cheat a bit to get some decent guys to attempt to stem the onslaught, ill keep it coming

Do you think it would make sense to add invasions to First Age?

As for the balance, it is relatively stable, however the Harad Faction always crashes when I try to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmay123 View Post
    Do you think it would make sense to add invasions to First Age?

As for the balance, it is relatively stable, however the Harad Faction always crashes when I try to play it.
    I have been thinking on it, I will make my own invasion scripts or edit the invasion code though, the vanilla TATW invasions are terrible in so many ways. It is also easier to just spawn an army (or 8) just out of the line of sight and have them walk to the settlement. Right now I want to get everything working as desired as much as possible without scripts, then I will add scripts to 'encourage' things but not force them, then scripts to force them if necessary. So the short answer is no I will not add vanilla invasions as a gimmick/novelty item simply because it fits in this age, they may actually make the game easier. Are they really even needed? Pretty hard to stop the inevitable flow south as is, and I haven't even added in the pain trains yet. Balrog generals with troll bodyguards... ouch.

I made the frontline factions start with better troops and with armor, weapon, etc. upgrade buildings so you can invest in upgrading troops right away instead of the settlement. Certainly worth considering when playing as Beor. I haven't tried to hold those regions yet myself but I only played one game as them so far. First game I moved everything to Nevrast, built a port and ship, and got the hell out of there to conquer all the south coasts.

I don't know why Harad is crashing for you, I didn't finish setting them up but they never crashed for me in hotseat. Do they crash for anyone else when starting a game?
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 21, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post

I don't know why Harad is crashing for you, I didn't finish setting them up but they never crashed for me in hotseat. Do they crash for anyone else when starting a game?
    They don't crash for me.

Playing with kazaad on the big map now, a few things to note:

- I love the new songs you added! Could you also change the music after ending the turn? Im sick of that one
    - glaurung always conquers kibil dum, but never anything else in the mountains further south, even if the settlements are not defended
    - building mines or roads dont improve the income in moria
    - after I captured mount gundabad, there appeared 6 units snaga stalkers. Is it part of the invasion scripts?

Quote Originally Posted by sammyjankis View Post
    Playing with kazaad on the big map now, a few things to note:

- I love the new songs you added! Could you also change the music after ending the turn? Im sick of that one
    - glaurung always conquers kibil dum, but never anything else in the mountains further south, even if the settlements are not defended
    - after I captured mount gundabad, there appeared 6 units snaga stalkers. Is it part of the invasion scripts?
    I will change that song, I have just begun with the audio crap. As for the north orc factions I will probably give them all the same name and color and just leave them with different banners on their armies/etc. The mountain problem is because the path is blocked south of kibil-dum, I got it fixed. No idea with the roads, all the Dwarven settlements will start with 2nd level of roads anyway so may not even be a problem.

Roads and mines don't do much in any settlement. This mod is nothing like DAC and vanilla. Taxes and King's Purse are your only source of income here.

Ya the roads are mainly for moving troops, which is why you can build them at village level. Their cost is just realistic not even for gameplay. They should still give some income though, just not enough to merit their insane cost.

Edit; they are more worth building in developed regions with many trade buildings and some that reduce construction costs. They use a modifier to determine how much they make. I didn't change it but I did lower the modifier for trade in general by 1/10th.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 22, 2017 at 12:45 PM.

Mines should profit, I boosted them, I will do it again if they aren't worth it.

Relying on your kingspurse is still currently a thing in this mod, eventually that will be removed/reduced as I add in better start buildings and more of them. The goal will be to start with a economy and only rely on kingspurse if you go horde (maybe not even then, might just give a AI money script to the player as well when they have no regions and go negative treasury).

If you want to make mines worth it you need to boost them by about 300%. In my experience with PCP the economy starts flourishing when you build all those guild buildings and capture enough regions to get the trade going. The problem in this mod is that you can't get the trade going because your allies are losing ground and the stack spawn doesn't let you expand. That means that every settlement is actually losing money when you substract the upkeep cost of it's garrison from it's income. Basically the number of regions you can hold is determined by your King's purse and your skill in battles (if you're good you can afford smaller garrisons).

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Roads and mines don't do much in any settlement. This mod is nothing like DAC and vanilla. Taxes and King's Purse are your only source of income here.
    Lol, what? There is still a fixed income bonus to every mine, which is not working in moria. And building cobblestone roads in huge settlements is often your best economic option, because of the trade bonuses...

Lol, what? There is still a fixed income bonus to every mine, which is not working in moria. And building cobblestone roads in huge settlements is often your best economic option, because of the trade bonuses...
    Sorry, I thought you just meant it's too low. The one in Dor Lomin gives around 50 gold. Roads do bring some income, but from a strategic viewpoint you are better off without them, because the enemy stacks won't be able to cross your lands quickly.

one thing i notice that is a little annoying has to do with the rations system, i think i should be able to be at full rations when in allied territory, for example, Galdor is defending the pass of Ered Withrin and in two turns i lose a bunch of buffs....slightly painful, i dunno if you could add rations when in allied territory which really makes sense to me... i dunno i really like the system though it makes you think about your forces a lot more than usual, and adds a certain amount of depth to invasions and what not.

turn 30 as Hador, barely holding the pass of Ered Withrin, Gondolin has taking Tol Sirion but doesnt seem to want to help fight "The Dark Lord" who suddenly showed up hahha i cant wait to kick his ass on the field. Turin has taken Nevrast and surrounding towns, going to send him to aid Meahdros but the darn ration thing is killing me...... so far a very interesting campaign as the House of Marach

edit; my next goal is to add in a some battle models to Doriath , so Turin and Beleg can guard the marches!!!!!!
    Last edited by JVR; February 22, 2017 at 07:28 PM.

I got a ctd during AI's turn on turn 180. Usually these are automatically resolved by restarting the game, but this one happenes every time.

edit: It happens during the rebels' turn
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gallus; February 23, 2017 at 02:56 PM.

Need trace enabled, look in the first post.

I will finish up the logistics script, I never finished adding resupply conditions.

on turn 180???? man that sucks....im on turn 80 and morgoth has invaded beleriand hard.....10 turns ago something like 10 stacks spawned lol

Here are the last 100 lines, trace enabled:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    13:40:50.144 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/009.tga (from: D:\Games\Medieval 2 TW)13:40:50.144 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/009.tga (from: D:\Games\Medieval 2 TW)
    13:40:50.144 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/islam_rogues/098.tga
    13:40:50.144 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/islam_rogues/098.tga
    13:40:50.144 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/098.tga (from: D:\Games\Medieval 2 TW)
    13:40:50.144 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/098.tga (from: D:\Games\Medieval 2 TW)
    13:40:50.144 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/islam_rogues/098.tga
    13:40:50.144 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/islam_rogues/098.tga
    13:40:50.149 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/191.tga
    13:40:50.149 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/191.tga
    13:40:50.149 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/191.tga (from: D:\Games\Medieval 2 TW)
    13:40:50.149 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/191.tga (from: D:\Games\Medieval 2 TW)
    13:40:50.149 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/191.tga
    13:40:50.149 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/191.tga
    13:40:50.150 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <ComesOfAgeWinter> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <fixed_birth1> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth1> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth2> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth3> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth4> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth5> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth6> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth7> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth8> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth10> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth11> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth12> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth_sicily> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_AI_birth1> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <mentor_vnv_trigger> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <mentor> not added - chance 15, random 65
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <tutor_vnv_trigger> fired
    13:40:50.152 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <tutor> added - chance 33, random 10
    13:40:50.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/092.tga
    13:40:50.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/092.tga
    13:40:50.156 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/092.tga (from: D:\Games\Medieval 2 TW)
    13:40:50.156 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/092.tga (from: D:\Games\Medieval 2 TW)
    13:40:50.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/092.tga
    13:40:50.156 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/092.tga
    13:40:50.161 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/196.tga
    13:40:50.161 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/196.tga
    13:40:50.161 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/196.tga (from: D:\Games\Medieval 2 TW)
    13:40:50.161 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/196.tga (from: D:\Games\Medieval 2 TW)
    13:40:50.161 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age_PCP/data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/196.tga
    13:40:50.161 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/numenorian_generals/196.tga
    13:40:50.162 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <ComesOfAgeSummer> fired
    13:40:50.162 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <fixed_birth1> fired
    13:40:50.162 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth1> fired
    13:40:50.162 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth2> fired
    13:40:50.162 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth3> fired
    13:40:50.162 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth4> fired
    13:40:50.162 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth5> fired
    13:40:50.162 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth6> fired
    13:40:50.162 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth7> fired
    13:40:50.163 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth8> fired
    13:40:50.163 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth10> fired
    13:40:50.163 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth11> fired
    13:40:50.163 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth12> fired
    13:40:50.163 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth13> fired
    13:40:50.163 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth_byzantium> fired
    13:40:50.171 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    13:40:50.171 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    13:40:50.609 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    on turn 180???? man that sucks....im on turn 80 and morgoth has invaded beleriand hard.....10 turns ago something like 10 stacks spawned lol
    I'll just RP that the Valar came if it can't be fixed.
    Last edited by Gallus; February 24, 2017 at 06:51 AM.

There is one thing in this mod that I don't like - when good factions (like House of Beor) go horde, they always attack other good factions. AI doesn't strategically break alliances, so making all factions that you don't want to be attacked as a result of the horde script allies from the start should prevent this.

In my crashed Feanor game for example, the Falathrim were starting to push Morgoth back and reclaimed almost all of Nargothrond, when House of Beor started attacking them. And since the horde script triggers every time the faction dies, the Falathrim cannot get rid of them.
    Last edited by Gallus; February 24, 2017 at 11:42 AM.