Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion ~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

When playing as House of Feanor the generals had orc voices.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion ~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

You released it? I'll try it as soon as I'm done listening to Nightfall to set the mood.

WHAT?!?!?! where???? i must download......

I think there is a bug in the Dagor Beleriand campaign. It ctd's when I try to start a new campaign with House of Fingolfin.

edit: same with Dagor Silmarillion. Am I supposed to run the cleaner after I install as well?

edit2: I got it to work. The trick is to select the campaign from the list under Second/Third/Fourth Age campaigns.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gallus; February 17, 2017 at 10:34 AM.

ok guys stop messing with me, somone leave me a link plz....its not on moddb and i do not see a link here anywhere.....

Alright, first impressions: All (Elven? I didn't try the rest) generals have generic stats, there are Nazgul in the game, and elves have orc voices. And the public (dis)order is killing me. The mod is playable, but I'd suggest waiting for a patch for a serious playthrough.

ya having trouble starting up, followed your steps on the other page, when i try the 1stagebeleriand.bat it says cant find kingdoms, so i take it out of the folder and put it where the thirdage.bat is run it and it crashes....dunno

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    ya having trouble starting up, followed your steps on the other page, when i try the 1stagebeleriand.bat it says cant find kingdoms, so i take it out of the folder and put it where the thirdage.bat is run it and it crashes....dunno
    1)Rename your Third_Age_3 folder to Thrid_Age_PCP
    2)Open TATW.cfg in notepad and replace Third_Age_3 entry in line 3 with Thrid_Age_PCP

That should do it.

ok guys stop messing with me, somone leave me a link plz....its not on moddb and i do not see a link here anywhere.....
    If you can't beat them.....

join them(?)

Second impressions: I'm not a fan of the Glaurung faction. It makes Morgoth look weak. When playing as the sons of Feanor, I was attacked by 6 (Too many honestly. It made me want to go full Fingolfin and gather all my troops to assault Angband, and decide this war then and there.) Glaurung stacks and 1 Morgoth stacks during the Dagor Bragollach. It seemed like Glaurung is the main bad guy, not Morgoth.
    Last edited by Gallus; February 17, 2017 at 11:40 AM.

This hasn't been released yet, the files have just been uploaded as a backup. I am aware of all the Nazguls and stuff like that, they are placeholders for balancing that will be swapped for First Age characters. I'll get the balance fixed for Glaurung though, it is a bit tricky since that faction has less to fight on the Beleriand only map and more to fight on the big map. Which map were you playing? The three factions in the north should all be equally powerful and are essentially one super faction, so they are all Morgoth technically. Sometimes the good guys hold one off just to get overrun by the other.

I wasn't aware of the sounds being messed up for Elves even though I should have known, I listen to music when I play and mod. I will get it fixed though, no clue why I didn't think about it.

I still need to give factions in Beleriand more starting building so they feel developed, also the populations of capitals are probably too high for so early in the game since there aren't enough buildings built yet.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 17, 2017 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    I think there is a bug in the Dagor Beleriand campaign. It ctd's when I try to start a new campaign with House of Fingolfin.

edit: same with Dagor Silmarillion. Am I supposed to run the cleaner after I install as well?

edit2: I got it to work. The trick is to select the campaign from the list under Second/Third/Fourth Age campaigns.
    Well that is weird, it must be using the wrong descr_strat in the swapper. Thanks for letting me know.

Caused by missing files, forgot to include the rwm's for the main campaigns but they are there for the customs, thanks. Will get it fixed. For now just delete the rwm file after launching the .bat and run the game from your regular shortcut afterwards so the files don't swap anymore. Or just play the custom campaign version, the main campaigns are to allow hotseat other than that there is no difference, so in single player it doesn't matter which you play the files are exactly the same. Only difference is the descr_strat has to say imperial_campaign at the top to be the main campaign, which is not the case now and is why they crash.

There is a 'Z: main campaign duplicate' at the bottom of the custom campaign list. Use that.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 17, 2017 at 04:05 PM.

2)Open TATW.cfg in notepad and replace Third_Age_3 entry in line 3 with Thrid_Age_PCP

That should do it.
    crashed after i picked Nargothrond..... i checked the log and it was just a bunch of random building errors and then the better luck next time error.....dunnno
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 17, 2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: fixed the quote

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    This hasn't been released yet, the files have just been uploaded as a backup. I am aware of all the Nazguls and stuff like that, they are placeholders for balancing that will be swapped for First Age characters. I'll get the balance fixed for Glaurung though, it is a bit tricky since that faction has less to fight on the Beleriand only map and more to fight on the big map. Which map were you playing? The three factions in the north should all be equally powerful and are essentially one super faction, so they are all Morgoth technically. Sometimes the good guys hold one off just to get overrun by the other.
    I was playing the Beleriand only campaign. The Noldor do not flee!

That should do it.[/QUOTE

crashed after i picked Nargothrond..... i checked the log and it was just a bunch of random building errors and then the better luck next time error.....dunnno
    check one post above you

Thrid impressions: It was a lie. It was all a lie. There is no Morgoth in Angband. There is no Dark Lord, only endless hordes of orcs.
    Where is Morgoth alreadyded? The Sons of Feanor have left their lands and gave their lives to take Angband and slay Morgoth, only to find it empty...

i used the 1st age unexplored.bat.....

Ya I just whipped up the Beleriand only one in an hour and gave Glaurung like 1000 less kingspurse than on the big map. I didn't even plan on making it yet, I did play it real quick and died at turn 73 to getting backdoored by Glaurung mainly while hold the gap in the west, but I didn't retest after adjusting the kingspurse. Another 1000 less might do it, or more. The faction may not even be needed on the Beleriand only map, I haven't thought on it yet. I still need to come up with a new name for that faction, or find a better use for the faction slot. Only reason it is there is because it was already in the game, I didn't add it I just never removed it.

I don't know where Morgoth went, he can move. Angband shouldn't be empty though, there are tons of scripts in layers to help the north factions if needed. Maybe I missed something.

Edit; He could have died, I haven't added the scripts to make him immortal yet. I have only added a few scripts from my other campaigns so far since I am still working on start positions.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 17, 2017 at 04:50 PM.

Ya I just whipped up the Beleriand only one in an hour and gave Glaurung like 1000 less kingspurse than on the big map. I didn't even plan on making it yet, I did play it real quick and died at turn 73 to getting backdoored by Glaurung mainly while hold the gap in the west, but I didn't retest after adjusting the kingspurse. Another 1000 less might do it, or more. The faction may not even be needed on the Beleriand only map, I haven't thought on it yet. I still need to come up with a new name for that faction, or find a better use for the faction slot. Only reason it is there is because it was already in the game, I didn't add it I just never removed it.
    Yes I honestly think less is more in this case. It would make Morgoth seem even harder to defeat if the Glaurung stacks belonged directly to him.
    Last edited by Gallus; February 17, 2017 at 04:58 PM.

ok i got it working, just wondering what export unit and desc strat files the different campoaigns use? they cant all use one? if so is there a faction list of whoe is who?

I don't know where Morgoth went, he can move. Angband shouldn't be empty though, there are tons of scripts in layers to help the north factions if needed. Maybe I missed something.

Edit; He could have died, I haven't added the scripts to make him immortal yet. I have only added a few scripts from my other campaigns so far since I am still working on start positions.
    It wasn't empty. I cheated my way up there to see what happens when I take it
    Would you consider giving Morgoth 0 movement points? If the player takes Angband and kills him it should be game over for Morgoth and his faction destroyed. He does need to be very hard to kill though. 100 hit points?