Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion ~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

^ And some of Teleri were blondes/golden-haired, e.g. Thranduil and Amroth.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion ~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    House of Finarfin, rather. Various of Feanor's sons were gingers.
    crap I always mess up the two since their names are similar
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    ^ And some of Teleri were blondes/golden-haired, e.g. Thranduil and Amroth.
    @ngugi was the blonde hair for thranduil not invented by the hobbit films?
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; January 18, 2017 at 02:29 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Nope; Legolas was never described but Thranduil's was:
    The feast that they now saw was greater and more magnificent than before; and at the head of a long line of feasters sat a woodland king with a crown of leaves upon his golden hair, very much as Bombur had described the figure in his dream.
    - The Hobbit; Flies and Spiders
    I add that you can trust Infidel's info, at most there'll be alt sources not presented, but he's rarely wrong; indeed he posesses more lore knowledge than me often, I'm just the more devoted preacher/teacher ^^
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 18, 2017 at 05:54 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    I add that you can trust Infidel's info, at most there'll be alt sources not presented, but he's rarely wrong; indeed he posesses more lore knowledge than me often, I'm just the more devoted preacher/teacher ^^
    Ah, shucks...
    Though calling me on things not necessarily a bad idea, as my memory is no longer as retentive as it once was.
    For example my comment re Amroth's hair, I recalled it being in the poem, when it was actually narrative:
    "The mariners with their Elvish sight for a long time could see him battling with the waves, until the rising sun gleamed through the clouds and far off lit his bright hair like a spark of gold".
    UT, The History of Galadriel and Celeborn
    - Amroth and Nimrodel

Anyone familiar with the lore want to help out by stating which factions/regions should have which resources? I could also use one or more peeps to help find coordinates for resources in Beleriand. Middle-earth is already done.

Edit; Also I plan to use this to add historical events, if anything is missing that should be mentioned I would like to know. Start date is winter 453.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Morgoth breaks the Siege of Angband, Dagor Bragollach ("Battle of Sudden Flame"). Deaths of Fingolfin, Angrod, Aegnor, Hador, Gundor, and Bregolas, Fingon becomes High King of the Noldor, Gil-galad sent to the Falas

Death of Fingolfin in single combat with Morgoth. Death of Gundor. Emeldir, wife of Barahir, leads their people out of Dorthonion to Brethil.

Sauron captures Minas Tirith, Húrin and Huor depart Gondolin. Barahir and his outlaws in Dorthonion, Orcs defeated in the Forest of Brethil

Húrin and Huor enter Gondolin

Húrin and Huor leave Gondolin

Deaths of Barahir, Belegund, Baragund, and all the outlaws save Beren Erchamion

Death of Galdor. Orcs invade Beleriand

Easterlings swear false loyalty to Maedhros

Túrin born. Beren leaves Dorthonion, meets Lúthien

Brandir born. Quest for the Silmaril. Death of Finrod

Lalaith born. Silmaril taken from Morgoth. First death of Beren Erchamion

First death of Lúthien. Lúthien sings Beren back from Mandos

Hunthor born, Thingol refuses to join the Union of Maedhros

Death of Lalaith. Orcs driven from Beleriand. Beren and Lúthien return to Middle-earth

Dior born, Hardang born

Death of Halmir, Huor weds Rían

Nirnaeth Arnoediad ("Battle of Unnumbered Tears"), Year of Lamentation. Tuor born. Deaths of Fingon, Huor, Glóredhel, Azaghâl, Haldir, Hundar and Rían. Turgon becomes High King of the Noldor

Nienor born, Túrin sent to Doriath. Fall of the Falas, Havens of Sirion constructed

Túrin and Beleg in Doriath

Death of Saeros, Túrin leaves Doriath

Túrin kills Forweg and becomes leader of the Gaurwaith.

Túrin and the outlaws encounter Mim and make their home on Amon Rûdh as the House of Ransom.

Túrin an outlaw on Amon Rûdh

Tuor enslaved

Túrin and Beleg on Amon Rûdh, Death of Beleg

Gwindor leads Túrin to Nargothrond, Túrin becomes captain of Nargothrond

Tuor escapes and becomes an outlaw

Morwen and Nienor flee to Doriath

Battle of the Crossings of the Taeglin, Battle of Tumhalad, Tuor comes to Nevrast. Sack of Nargothrond by Glaurung. Deaths of Finduilas, Orodreth, Gwindor, and Handir

Túrin comes to Brethil, Tuor comes to Gondolin, Nienor loses memory and is given the name Níniel

Dior weds Nimloth

Túrin weds Níniel

Deaths of Glaurung, Brandir, Hunthor, Nienor and Túrin

Eluréd and Elurín born. Release of Húrin. Death of Morwen

Húrin comes to Doriath, Deaths of Húrin and Hardang

Dwarves of Nogrod set the Silmaril in the Nauglamír, death of Thingol, Melian returns to Valinor.

Eärendil born, Elwing born. Battle of the Thousand Caves, Battle of Sarn Athrad, Lúthien wears the Silmaril. Dior and his family come to Menegroth. Final deaths of Beren and Lúthien. Dior receives the Nauglamír and Silmaril

Demand made for the Silmaril

Second Kinslaying at Menegroth. Deaths of Dior, Nimloth, Celegorm, Curufin, and Caranthir. Eluréd and Elurín are abandoned to die.

Elwing comes to the Havens of Sirion with the Silmaril

Maeglin captured and tortured

Fall of Gondolin. Deaths of Turgon, Ecthelion, Glorfindel, Maeglin, and Gothmog. Ereinion Gil-galad becomes High King of the Noldor

Gondolin refugees arrive at the Havens of Sirion

Maedhros learns a Silmaril is at the Havens of Sirion, but forswears the Oath of Fëanor

Eärendil weds Elwing, Tuor and Idril depart for Valinor

The remaining Sons of Fëanor - Maedhros, Maglor and Amras - begin to feel tormented by their unfulfilled oath.

Elrond and Elros born

Eärendil searchs for Valinor

Third Kinslaying at the Havens of Sirion. Death of Amras. Elrond and Elros are taken captive by Maglor. Elwing escapes with the Silmaril into the Sea. Ulmo gives her the form of a white bird and she reunites with Eärendil aboard Vingilótë

Morgoth controls all of Beleriand

Eärendil and Elwing come to Valinor

Host of Valinor lands in Beleriand

Destruction of Beleriand, death of Ancalagon. Death of Maedhros

Morgoth thrust from Arda. Host of Valinor departs Middle-earth

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Timeline/First_Age
    Last edited by alreadyded; January 19, 2017 at 12:21 AM.

any news????

The Alpha is already way better than any Alpha has a right to be, I still need to add some crap though before it is worth testing for balance, which is pretty much just making sure Morgoth's faction is OP.

Can you consider posting ingame screenshots?

I'll take a few if I remember ingame, I don't spend my time making preview stuff though so I am not going to start up the game now and I may not remember.

well if you need a beta tester pm me. Thanx for the update!

Low quality jpgs.

Wow this is amazing!

I am surprised I remembered to take some.
    Last edited by alreadyded; January 29, 2017 at 03:08 AM.

Some nice looking screenshots! Thanks for sharing!

Wow that's simply beyond words, great job!
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Foederatus

All I can say is that I am very much looking forward to this, especially since I finished reading the Silmarillion just today. Thank you for all of the work that you are doing alreadyded.

Regards, Sariur.

"Those who pass the gates of Barad-Dur do not return..." because it is such a nice place and they never want to leave.
    Last edited by alreadyded; January 30, 2017 at 05:51 AM.

Looks so good dude! Cant wait to get in there!

Epic Work!

A bit of a preview I suppose; this is still Alpha v1 but it is already working how I want.