Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Now if only I could figure out my high chance of battle CTD when fighting wolves/wargs/other unusual skeleton critters.
    With both BAIs?

There is apparently a problem with unit info cards too, Elvenkind released a fix for that in the other thread. I will bundle them all up and make a release tomorrow or the weekend.

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    With both BAIs?

There is apparently a problem with unit info cards too, Elvenkind released a fix for that in the other thread. I will bundle them all up and make a release tomorrow or the weekend.
    Hmm, I've just been using z3n, because I came here from EB2 where he contributes. I will try the G5 and see if I can play against wolves etc that way. I end up having to autoresolve those, which damages elite units more than my meatshielding of them with militia in a fought battle would.

I just saw those posts in the other thread and will try them. I wonder if I should only be in this thread if I'm trying First Age stuff, and should use the other for Third Age.

G5 should cause more crashes than z3n if you aren't using win 7. After this UI stuff is sorted I will edit the BAI timers (the problem) to work better and release various tests. The timers are 'battle_wait 0.6' in campaign_script.txt now which causes me zero crashes on Win 7 Ult for years now.

People can try Replace All on them (in Notepad++) and change all battle_wait 0.6 (840 of them total) to;

battle_wait 0.4

or;

battle_wait 0.5

or;

battle_wait 0.7

Then use G5's BAI in campaign after that, I tried battle_wait 0.4 on my woman's laptop with Win 8.1 and that work for me.

These UI problems are a M2TW and TATW bug not one specific to my mod or these Ages, so feedback doesn't have to go in a specific thread, however the other one is being used for that so best to just keep the UI talk over there in one place I guess. The BAI problems are PC specific due to script methods (the timers).

If you are playing the First Age you should be posting here any bugs and balance problems except for the UI and BAI stuff.

Edit; I noticed a bug in Z3n's BAI, when trying to fight two custom/quick battles in a row from the menu it crashes. Probably because the advisor needs to be manually clicked the second battle to activate the BAI. I will see if I can get it fixed.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 18, 2017 at 12:54 PM.

I noticed that the file the advisor tries to load doesn't seem to exist. I was inside descr_advice to add Forced Diplomacy to try to keep things in line with lore a little more, and I saw the battle script thread, but the file path it tries to load when you click on it doesn't exist. Sorry I can't cite the exact name right now since I'm still at work.

That may be intentional to allow dual BAIs, I remember having to do something unorthodox to get it working how I wanted. Or I forgot to include the file in the upload, it happens. I will check it out.

I played a couple of Campaigns, all of them on the larger map with middle earth. I think there should be scripts to help Fingolfin, Beor and Host of Fänor with the "siege" of Angband, if you are playing a faction that is away from the front. Maybe something like the Beacons of Gondor Mod in MOS. Also I think Melians Protection of Doriath does not work very well, since I saw an Orc Army besieging Menegroth at around turn 20-30.

I would really like to see some more unique elite units for the diffrent elven factions as well as maybe some AOR units.

In the Northern parts of Ered Luin the way is blocked to the south. I dont know if its supposed to be like this, but I would like it if Gondolins Armys could also leave the hidden vale from the north.
    Last edited by LordHörschi; August 19, 2017 at 02:07 PM.

Pretty much all scripts from the TA will be added in some form, or used to make new ones, so the AI (and player too in this age) will get more scripted help. I will be making CAIs for the intended gameplay (they were designed for TA gameplay and map) so hopefully scripted help will not be too necessary. I will also make those frontline factions more OP by themselves and they will get more elite units, but I have to keep Morgoth's factions more OP at the same time to maintain a proper balance.

Gondolin's northern pass was open on the original map, I closed it so they wouldn't get besieged in 10 turns. I haven't made Doriath impenetrable yet, I just made the north all dense forest real quick. It will be done eventually but that faction is safer than most already so I figured it could wait. I have Ered Luin and the Anduin Vale settlement blocked on list to fix for next patch.

@myarta, what version of windows do you use?
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 21, 2017 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    @myarta, what version of windows do you use?
    Windows 10.

I have Steam in C:\Games\SteamLibrary to avoid the UAC thing in Program Files.

Good evening hope all is well. I remember seeing somewhere you were working on another update for this, is that still in the works?

I have been playing Dagor Silmarillion First Age campaign and managed to bribe an Dol Daedeloth general into joining me and under his traits is a line that says, "Report if you see this on player's character", so I am reporting it. Please respond if you need more info. Thanks and cheers to mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Deisi View Post
    I have been playing Dagor Silmarillion First Age campaign and managed to bribe an Dol Daedeloth general into joining me and under his traits is a line that says, "Report if you see this on player's character", so I am reporting it. Please respond if you need more info. Thanks and cheers to mod.
    That is all I need to know, thanks.

What are the newest patches? The UI ones?

Whne will the next patch come and what will be in it?

Notes: Replace Morgorth's unit from Olog Hai to Sauron (more OP) and the same with his heir.

Btw awesome mod sofar! Gave me a serious nerd boner

Bug: Ruins of Angren is not accesdible

I have found three more characters with the report request in the traits column. Onai the Attacker, Morgoth Bauglir the Bastion and Gothmog Eglan the Attacker. I just wanted you to know. Cheers.

have you released any of the second age campaigns?
    Last edited by JVR; November 19, 2017 at 05:04 PM.

Not yet, I have been busy with work that pays. The Early campaign is setup, but the Late one hasn't been started yet just prepped to be setup.

The First Age campaigns release will focus on fixing bugs and using Numenor elsewhere, right now I plan to add a thin island chain in the gulf to connect Beleriand and Harad. That should negate the "ton of water in the southwest" problem on the map.

Third and Fourth Age release will focus on balance issues and fixing some small bugs with textures and such that were added when adding the First Age.

A new Campaign AI has been made for the First Age that will also be made optional in the other Ages;

Mortal Enemy CAI: One strategic AI for all factions that; is never willing to cooperate with factions they start at war with or are supposed to outlive, forces invasions against those factions and factions their allies are at war with, and forces AI to never attack factions unless they are already at war with them.
    Last edited by alreadyded; November 27, 2017 at 04:24 PM.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have a problem with the PCP installer alreadyded. I have TATW installed on my D drive, so this is where I directed the installer. However, the installer wants to use 4GB on my C drive as well, and I do not have that much space on the C drive. Why do I need 4GB of free space on my C drive if I'm installing the entire thing on D drive?

In custom battles, when I select the size of city/castle, the game crash. Does anyone know why and how to fix it?

This only happens with first and second age campaigns launchers, for more details