Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 433

Thread: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

  1. #281
    alreadyded's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stayin' Alive
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Don't delete anything, just paste and overwrite to replace folders and files. The data folders I included only have some files in them not everything the TATW data folder has, only certain files need swapping not everything, if you delete the entire Third_Age_3\data folder you will be missing many files.

  2. #282

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    I got to the loading screen, but then it got black and and quit the game. No error message or any other notification.

  3. #283

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Duck View Post
    I got to the loading screen, but then it got black and and quit the game. No error message or any other notification.
    I have the same problem, I thought that I was the only one, I really want to play it now!!!! ;(

  4. #284

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    I kind of want to download this and give it a shot, but I'm still playing MOS 1.7 and have no idea how to do multiple installations.

  5. #285

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    So this is "playable"?

  6. #286

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    So this is "playable"?
    The last update I read was that it was still in the "alpha" phase, but the first age campaign is technically playable. Testing is much needed so generally so, while he wasn't expecting it, alreadyded has seemed appreciative of players reporting bugs and feedback for balancing.

    I figured out how to have multiple TATW installs, so I'm going to give this a shot. I probably won't install it correctly, but I'm going to give Windows 10 a shot. Wish me luck.

  7. #287

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Okay, I'm having a bit of install trouble. I downloaded the PCP_Setup and First_Age_Campaigns files, extracted them, installed them to desktop, copy and pasted and ran PCP_Cleaner in my TATW data folder, copied PCP_Setup to my data folder, overwrote the files it asked and copied all the files and .bat launchers from the First_Age_Campaign files to my data folder. I attempted to run 1st_Age_Beleriand .bat and after a command window opened and ran scripts, I received a "Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe'" error. When I execute the Third Age .bat file in my Third_Age folder, it opens vanilla Medieval II. I renamed my Third_Age folder to Third_Age_PCP and opened the TATW.cfg file and changed "mod = mods\Third_Age_3" to "mod = mods\Third_Age_PCP"
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'd love some assistance.

  8. #288

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    I think you need to make a copy of your medieval2.exe and rename it kingdoms.exe that should solve your problem.

  9. #289

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Quote Originally Posted by b2ector View Post
    Okay, I'm having a bit of install trouble. I downloaded the PCP_Setup and First_Age_Campaigns files, extracted them, installed them to desktop, copy and pasted and ran PCP_Cleaner in my TATW data folder, copied PCP_Setup to my data folder, overwrote the files it asked and copied all the files and .bat launchers from the First_Age_Campaign files to my data folder. I attempted to run 1st_Age_Beleriand .bat and after a command window opened and ran scripts, I received a "Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe'" error. When I execute the Third Age .bat file in my Third_Age folder, it opens vanilla Medieval II. I renamed my Third_Age folder to Third_Age_PCP and opened the TATW.cfg file and changed "mod = mods\Third_Age_3" to "mod = mods\Third_Age_PCP"
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'd love some assistance.
    You also need to change the line in your Third_Age.bat file, right mouse click on it and press Edit (I would suggest to use Notepad++ for making any further edits) and change Third_Age_3 line to the name of your folder (Third_Age_PCP).
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

    A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

  10. #290
    alreadyded's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stayin' Alive
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Quote Originally Posted by b2ector View Post
    Okay, I'm having a bit of install trouble. I downloaded the PCP_Setup and First_Age_Campaigns files, extracted them, installed them to desktop, copy and pasted and ran PCP_Cleaner in my TATW data folder, copied PCP_Setup to my data folder, overwrote the files it asked and copied all the files and .bat launchers from the First_Age_Campaign files to my data folder. I attempted to run 1st_Age_Beleriand .bat and after a command window opened and ran scripts, I received a "Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe'" error. When I execute the Third Age .bat file in my Third_Age folder, it opens vanilla Medieval II. I renamed my Third_Age folder to Third_Age_PCP and opened the TATW.cfg file and changed "mod = mods\Third_Age_3" to "mod = mods\Third_Age_PCP"
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'd love some assistance.
    Most likely a permissions problem, give the .bat and Third_Age_PCP (or entire M2TW) folder Full Permissions so it can do what it needs and launch the exe. I had the same problem when I installed this on my woman's laptop with Win 8.1 and it was trying to do everything in a temp folder (because I installed in Programs Folder which is protected by UAC no matter what you do) and launch the exe from that temp folder, which explains why it can't find the exe. Installing the game outside of the Programs Folder will probably fix all problems people have with installation on Win vista/8+, but I haven't tried it myself since I am testing it I don't want it to go away yet. It just makes it harder to test.

    But I only really mod and play on my PC so compatibility with Windows BS is not a priority to me.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 01, 2017 at 03:49 PM.

  11. #291
    alreadyded's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stayin' Alive
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Seems like many are not installing it properly... most likely the File Cleaner not being run.

    If you see the vanilla maps on the campaign selection screen it is installed wrong (File Cleaner wasn't used in the example below);




    CORRECT (with File Cleaner) install all factions have this map;





    Use the installers instead of the File Swappers to avoid issues if you have Windows Vista/8+. These bugs are not my fault so fair warning on how to avoid them.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 02, 2017 at 05:51 PM.

  12. #292
    alreadyded's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stayin' Alive
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    So this is "playable"?
    It works well enough to be played yes and there are no game ending bugs (tested to turn 938), but it is not working as I intend it to yet of course (it is an Alpha so everyone is play testing it for me). So I wouldn't play it if you are not in a hurry unless you plan on giving feedback to make it better sooner. Feedback to save me time is the only reason I care that people play it. I already have enough feedback for the First Age in the current release so anyone planning to give feedback should wait until the next release is how I feel about it, but that is for my own benefit.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 02, 2017 at 06:49 PM.

  13. #293

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    I fear there is one game ending bug that happens when you as the player build to many buildings. Random Icons appear everywhere when you surpasse a certain amount of buildings it seems. And the Bug appears even more often, when you build more stuff it seems. I understand that in your tests you just let the AI play, maybe they don't go over the cap that triggers the bug, but it seems to me that almost any player campaign had to be stopped at turn 150-300~ depending on the number of buildings people build, because of that bug, which is little more than annoying at the beginning because it can be forseen and you are able to save before the game crashes, but as time increases, so does appearance of the bug.
    Last edited by LordHörschi; August 03, 2017 at 12:29 AM.

  14. #294
    alreadyded's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stayin' Alive
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    I have had people send me saved games (one was over 600 turns) where that bug happens and I was able to get around it therefore I don't consider it game ending like the trait bug in the previous release that caused a crash when the first generation of kids came of age without fail (that was game ending as there was no way to avoid it or get around it). But yes you are correct, I don't experience it myself on my PC. Most likely that is because I mod the game and regen the UI files on my PC. You guys can try having the game regenerate the files yourselves and see if it helps. It could be a PC dependent thing since the UI files are all about pathways to image files.

    Also, not everyone has this UI problem. Maybe 10% or less is my guess, and some have it worse than others, and it has apparently gotten worse recently even though I haven't added any more buildings. That tells me it is not consistent and therefore not gameplay related. The amount of buildings is most likely not the problem, more the game not finding the images in the right place as it constantly checks the files for pathways (also I changed these to add the First Age so that could be the cause). Reducing the amount of building images would probably have more of an impact then removing the buildings in my opinion. The same is true for many UI things, custom battles and campaign selection menu can't have many images either or things go wrong fast, which is why each only uses one image for everything.

    Also, it could be that I never got around to expanding the buildings built section... but that would probably cause a consistent crash if that was the problem I think. I plan to include this in the next test and maybe the less buildings images as well.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 03, 2017 at 02:11 AM.

  15. #295
    alreadyded's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stayin' Alive
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    HERE is another test for the UI problem. It removes building images that are not compressed when they should be and vise-versa, as well as lower the number of building images overall lessen ram usage as well if it is the infamous UI glitch after all). Extract to desktop and copy/paste and run the UI Fix Cleaner from inside the data folder, then paste the 'ui' folder into your data folder. These are the folders that should be backed up if you plan to undo it;

    data\ui\eastern_european\buildings
    data\ui\gondor\buildings
    data\ui\greek\buildings
    data\ui\middle_eastern\buildings
    data\ui\northern_european\buildings
    data\ui\southern_european\buildings

    You can also just rename those buildings folders or send them to the recycle bin to un-delete later if you wish.


    Also, someone can try renaming the shared.sd and strategy.sd files in the ui folder so the game regens new ones and see if that helps (don't use the File Swappers to launch after doing this).


    When I get a chance I will regen the UI files in Bare Geomod, hopefully it is just the game being silly with regen the files and that will fix it.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 05, 2017 at 12:00 AM.

  16. #296

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    HERE is another test for the UI problem. It removes building images that are not compressed when they should be and vise-versa, as well as lower the number of building images overall lessen ram usage as well if it is the infamous UI glitch after all). Extract to desktop and copy/paste and run the UI Fix Cleaner from inside the data folder, then paste the 'ui' folder into your data folder. These are the folders that should be backed up if you plan to undo it;

    data\ui\eastern_european\buildings
    data\ui\gondor\buildings
    data\ui\greek\buildings
    data\ui\middle_eastern\buildings
    data\ui\northern_european\buildings
    data\ui\southern_european\buildings

    You can also just rename those buildings folders or send them to the recycle bin to un-delete later if you wish.


    Also, someone can try renaming the shared.sd and strategy.sd files in the ui folder so the game regens new ones and see if that helps (don't use the File Swappers to launch after doing this).


    When I get a chance I will regen the UI files in Bare Geomod, hopefully it is just the game being silly with regen the files and that will fix it.
    Hello, started getting the UI glitch at turn 35. Tried restarting and made it about 2 turns before it started again. I added this test and i am now on turn 110 and have not had any glitches or crashes since. Also, I did not use the first UI test patch this time, mostly because I had forgotten after a fresh install due to testing random CTD with no error messages (which ended up being an issue with Power Management settings being changed automatically by Windows). Now i will see how far i can make it on this campaign as Falathrim.

  17. #297
    alreadyded's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stayin' Alive
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Thanks for letting me know.

  18. #298

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Most likely a permissions problem, give the .bat and Third_Age_PCP (or entire M2TW) folder Full Permissions so it can do what it needs and launch the exe. I had the same problem when I installed this on my woman's laptop with Win 8.1 and it was trying to do everything in a temp folder (because I installed in Programs Folder which is protected by UAC no matter what you do) and launch the exe from that temp folder, which explains why it can't find the exe. Installing the game outside of the Programs Folder will probably fix all problems people have with installation on Win vista/8+, but I haven't tried it myself since I am testing it I don't want it to go away yet. It just makes it harder to test.

    But I only really mod and play on my PC so compatibility with Windows BS is not a priority to me.
    I am also experiencing this problem. When I run any of the BAT's "normally" (not as an administrator) it launches vanilla TATW 3.2.

    Yes I have followed all of the instructions and made the changes in the BAT files.

  19. #299

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    My issue has been fixed by overwriting the base TATW files. Odd, false alarm though.

  20. #300
    alreadyded's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stayin' Alive
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

    Quote Originally Posted by PFElton View Post
    My issue has been fixed by overwriting the base TATW files. Odd, false alarm though.
    That may be caused by having two files named TATW.cfg, renaming one may fix the issue. I assume you are not using Win 7, if you are then I don't know what it is.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •