Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion

Forgive me by my bed english but i play this mod to test him , its have potential a lot beautiful map as well , but for hard core fan like me about first age , what missing is atmosfere of middle earth , evrything from third age is in first age only map is real about that time. You put almost everything from other mods in this first age , description and history about that time is missing in the game , elves are all the same almost the same roster and buildings are not from that time and from that factions, when i play with gondolin they are able to build mines from dwarwes and barracks from them ist all mees up with everything , celeborn is leader of gondolin at a lot lot more . Where is something unique? this mod need buildings (unique for factions from fantasy worlds not from med 2 vanilla its killing the atmosfere ) some beautiful arts units skins , good roster for elves with real units description( not from third age ) from some fantasy arts from book(sillmarilion), and the units are not balanced at all, its to much of everything in this mod my friend . i test with evry factions men , elves and dwarfes this mod need a lot of work to be playable. Noldor houses are to weak a lot , they all die in 25 turns in very hard . Noldorin are the masters in art of war in books Fingolin houses is strong and powerful they die in late stages) . I rebuild this mod for myself put new buildings for elves for now from fantasy arts work make new description for all factions and units , working on submods for your work ,its a great potential in you my friend . when i finish this in a few days i will post here submod for your mod to help you just to see what i mean thanks bless .

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [RELEASED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Just post the link and I will add to the first post for others to use if they want.

I am aware that many placeholders are still used, they allow for balance testing, which allows me to find out things like Fingolfin's faction dying too soon still apparently. It will take a few releases to get the balance fixed, this is not finished.

Edit; I am not a hardcore fan, if something in the lore is missing from this mod you will have to tell me. I do want it to be set in the lore as accurately as possible so please do tell.

Edit; As for progress, I am currently waiting on more balance feedback so I have a better idea of what needs doing. The sooner I get feedback the sooner there will be a new release.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 18, 2017 at 09:01 PM.

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [RELEASED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

the problem was with my Third age. Dang UAC

I suppose I should mention to disable that, thanks for letting me know.

Good job! I will definitely download and try playing this today.

no problem mate i will help to this mod your map is of all middle earth with first ages and with this all lands beleriand as well man you are genius , this first age mod has a great potential to become the beast :-)

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion ~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Officially released on moddb yesterday. Will post alternate site links here when I have confirmation all is working as desired.

Edit; Portraits were included.
    Either I did not successfully download the latest files, or the custom portraits aren't there. Just curious, mainly because I want to play test the latest.

I fixed them already, I was just too lazy to assign them their portrait names in descr_strat before the release. I plan to upload tonight or tomorrow but you know how I am, only mod when am I toasted and all... not reliable at all at all.

Edit; Turgon is a bit fuzzy (looks fine in family tree), the rest look fine.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 21, 2017 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I fixed them already, I was just too lazy to assign them their portrait names in descr_strat before the release. I plan to upload tonight or tomorrow but you know how I am, only mod when am I toasted and all... not reliable at all at all.

Edit; Turgon is a bit fuzzy (looks fine in family tree), the rest look fine.
    Haha - mod at your own speed or you'll hit a wall at some point.

Yeah I was never thrilled with Turgon - cartoonish to me and grainy. I'll see if I can get something better .

Is Numenor playable?

Hello and best greetings from Germany.

It's a wonderfull mod and i play much time but i have the problem that the game crash with unexpected error if i fight against Animals

I setup the TATW.cfg that logs be written and i add the last, from the moment where the battlemap begins to load.

Can you check and help me?

Bug_animal.txt

thanks

well I am surprised-crashes are very rare for now. good work bro. +rep
    [url=http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1680-The-TWC-Modding-Awards]

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Peksifin View Post
    Is Numenor playable?
    numeor does not exist in the first age
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Will Numenor become available in the second age campaign?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I test a lot of times and reinstall all new with correct path to clearify.

It looks like be the Wolfes the units that make the crash.

Is this a known Bug?

Can anybody help me please?

It is vista/8+ not liking the BAI, there will be optional BAI's in the next release (z3n's and G5's). I don't know if the other will be better for vista/8+ (I never tested on vista/8+ and never will, not my reason for adding it, it is a good and different BAI) it does not use near as many timers (these cause the crash) and uses different types, also it doesn't switch AI files like G5's does (may also contribute to crashes in vista/8+, not sure though, it could just be the delay timers that allow for this switching).

I try to install G5BAI but it crashed every time with an error. It had never worked before.

error: http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/2m0h5asp71y.png

I install it as admin and without admin rights, int the standard folder and if i select a mode, the error be shown.

I want to test if G5BAI solve this issue

I have fight with ents again Huorns without crash.

looks like wolfes and wolfhounds.

I don't know how i need to install and setup G5BAI correct, can anybody assist or send me a Link?

Thanks very much

Does anyone know the launcher then custom game I need to have the reunited kingdom with reunited kingdom units? I've found a few where Arnor and Gondor are controlled but still have gondor/bree units. Thanks!

You get access to them when the Ring is destroyed in the Third Age, and turn 5 in the Fourth Age. I haven't added scripts for Men factions to be able to share units in the First Age yet, I probably will allow for a Numenor type event later in the Age. Or a First Age late campaign. I already know how to make Beleriand inaccessible so I can drown that mofo.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 29, 2017 at 01:53 PM.