Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion ~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

We can't wait to test it out

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion ~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Gondolin actually survived all the way until the historic event, I am so impressed. I took more screenshots, it was like seeing the book unfold almost, I'll post some more screens later and maybe even make a gif real quick (slideshow!). I did make a mistake though, Beor's faction wasn't able to recruit anything in the buildings file. Poor guys never stood a chance...

Foederatus

I just downloaded and looked at your submod for the Third Age alreadyded, and after seeing it all I can say is that I am totaly blown away. It is like the Roma Surrectum II of Medieval Total War, and in Middle Earth at that! I would like to thank you and the entire team for the past endeavours, and even more so for their present one with the Silmarillion.

Respecfully,
    Sariur.

Last screens I took from the first test campaign;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

OP Gondolin; "Ya we hide, but we look good doing it!"

Gif;

How's stability of the mod?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

No crashes, and the turn times are only like 10 seconds. Never seen that before.

Updated start positions without symbols;

cant wait to hold off morgoth with Glorfindel leading the armies of Gondolin!

Updated map;

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Pretty as a day

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

It looks great!! I have only one doubt. The Mirkwood forest in the first age was bigger and it shaped a huge forest with the old forest in the shire and probably with fangorn forest. I think that treeberard said something about it, and i also find something about:

"Originally called Greenwood the Great, the forest may have once formed part of the vast primeval woodland which covered most of Middle-earth during the Years of the Trees, possibly linked to Lothlórien across the Andiun"

and about fangorn forest:

"Fangorn forest was the easternmost survivor of the immense forest that spanned all of Eriador and Calenardhon in the First Age and early Second Age, but which was destroyed by the Númenóreans and Sauron. Fangorn forest was the oldest part of Treebeard's realm, and here the Ents retreated."

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Mirkwood

And about fangorn forest:

Fangorn forest was the easternmost survivor of the immense forest that spanned all of Eriador and Calenardhon in the First Age and early Second Age, but which was destroyed by the Númenóreans and Sauron. Fangorn forest was the oldest part of Treebeard's realm, and here the Ents retreated.

Maybe the wise of the forum have more detailed information

Tar-Falassion's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Updated map;

Good lord, mate, are those rivers all sailable ? That will make naval expansion a potential mess

And is it just me or some of those rivers have completely incoherent courses, especially in Harad or with that gigantic Gelion delta ?

(Apart from that it's amazing work, just can't wait for the release !!! )

Local moderation warning: censor bypassing, don`t do that again.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; February 11, 2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: censor bypassing, don`t do that again.

No they aren't all sail-able, this image gets scaled down for the radar maps so they have to be very noticeable at this size to be at that size. I just have the background water show through instead of using a flat blue like before, other than that there is no difference except than more rivers south of Beleriand.

Quote Originally Posted by gosho View Post
    It looks great!! I have only one doubt. The Mirkwood forest in the first age was bigger and it shaped a huge forest with the old forest in the shire and probably with fangorn forest. I think that treeberard said something about it, and i also find something about:

"Originally called Greenwood the Great, the forest may have once formed part of the vast primeval woodland which covered most of Middle-earth during the Years of the Trees, possibly linked to Lothlórien across the Andiun"

and about fangorn forest:

"Fangorn forest was the easternmost survivor of the immense forest that spanned all of Eriador and Calenardhon in the First Age and early Second Age, but which was destroyed by the Númenóreans and Sauron. Fangorn forest was the oldest part of Treebeard's realm, and here the Ents retreated."

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Mirkwood

And about fangorn forest:

Fangorn forest was the easternmost survivor of the immense forest that spanned all of Eriador and Calenardhon in the First Age and early Second Age, but which was destroyed by the Númenóreans and Sauron. Fangorn forest was the oldest part of Treebeard's realm, and here the Ents retreated.

Maybe the wise of the forum have more detailed information
    I have added trees from Fangorn to the Shire but the big forests take more time, too many trees and you get wicked strat lag when scrolling over them. I actually just redid the forest south of Beleriand for this reason. I am aware that the trees all got chopped down in later ages so there should be more all over.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 11, 2017 at 03:49 PM.

Oh I actually did make the Anduin sail-able from Dale to the ocean though, forgot about that difference.

The game engine hates me for doing this;

House of Marach family tree (unfinished)

LoL i bet it does! Looks like you are making a lot of progress! when can we expect a beta?

Random screenshots while testing;

Sometimes I think you are not you but an army of modders all under the same name "alreadyded", who somehow express themselves in either the same tone or they elected someone as leader and that's who posts these amazing screenshots! Seriously, I really admire your work!
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Ugh... one of my other personalities must not be taking their pills again...

Really I just smoke a lot before bed, which is the only time I mod, and I don't watch TV. I was just thinking yesterday about the last time I watched the lotr movies, probably when the extended ones were released. I was deployed when they all came out in the theater, never thought I would even live to see them, now I don't even care to. Such is life.

I don't even consider myself a modder, I actually play games way more than mod them. Every modder I ever knew seemed to care more about attention or making other's happy I guess instead of playing the game so the term doesn't apply to me in my opinion. I lost a campaign in 73 turns yesterday in the Beleriand campaign and modded while doing it. Windowed borderless mode is your friend. I mainly play RTS games though, Supcom FAF is my fav I guess, I play it A LOT. I am pro pro. I will play these mods I made for the rest of my life, just in the background while doing other stuff, like real work. Can't play an RTS in the background after all.

Edit;
    I can't even find the 'modders don't play!' pic on google, fail...
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 16, 2017 at 06:40 AM.

haha well said bud!