Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Update: works great for wolves, but I still get crashes a few moments after clicking 'Start Battle' with Cold Drakes even with 0.4. Hmm. I guess I can play with 0.5 and 0.3 and see.

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

I have also posted this on moddb, but here goes:

I have copied the file cleaner into the data folder, ran it, copied the pcp installer into the Third_age_3 folder, installed it, i've installed the first age campaign and then ive overwritten the data folder with the one from the UI.

The problem is that after launch i just get the first loading screen and the game exits. Any ideas please?

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by igneous View Post
    I have also posted this on moddb, but here goes:

I have copied the file cleaner into the data folder, ran it, copied the pcp installer into the Third_age_3 folder, installed it, i've installed the first age campaign and then ive overwritten the data folder with the one from the UI.

The problem is that after launch i just get the first loading screen and the game exits. Any ideas please?
    I had the same problem. I think there's a typo somwhere in either the .bat or cfg file. Try renaming the mod folder to something simple, like PCP, and make neccessary changes in the .bat and cfg files.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    I had the same problem. I think there's a typo somwhere in either the .bat or cfg file. Try renaming the mod folder to something simple, like PCP, and make neccessary changes in the .bat and cfg files.
    actually the problem was that i hadn't installed to desktop first and the copied the files, i had just installed in the third age folder. Thanks anyway!

Been having an issue with the Angrod and Aegnor battle models, i made them both cavalry units, now the general model for haldir is a silver surfer, is there another file i have to edit to make his model good with cav units? I tried using glorfindels unit as well, added france to the modeldb file, but still nothing....any chance anybody knows off the tops of their heads where i am going wrong?

EDIT: So i have successfully fixed the above problem. However, more have arisen. Sons of Feanor, Maedhros, in the desrc_strat he doesnt have a general model assigned to him, but in battle he is a silver surfer...... wondering if all the general units for the elves have this issue, i could just go through the modeldb file and add them as best i can and upload it here if anyone is interested, ive been super stoked for these first age campaigns and it looks like you have done a lot, i really like all the custom portraits..they really add to the experience, generic portraits never really did it for me. Ill post back when i figure out the silver surfer issues, i couldnt change any of the strat models for some reason....will keep at it though

EDIT 2: Also for the unexplored campaign i noticed that you had added Tuor to Gondolin in the script, was thinking of making the turn count like 80 for that so after the unnumbered tears, was also thinking of adding Turin to the script but cant decide if he should go to Haldad, Doriath or Nargothrond, im in the middle of a Nargothrond campaign in which i just added Turin, wondering if you are eventually going to get into the scripts a little deeper or????
    Last edited by JVR; March 14, 2018 at 09:27 PM.

So i am having a few issues, i am playing a House of Hador campaign, a few turns in a few random towns seem to have lost their models, Vinyamar, hador capital Beor capital....Mithrim, not exactly sure what heppend there anybody else get this?
    Also i seem to be crashing on any battle that has Balrogs in it, i have fought them in a previous campaign as Nargothrond so im not exactly sure why this would happen either, anybody know of a fix for this? The log doesnt give me anything... thanks in advance

@JVR

Well, some town models do change for me in D.Silmarillion Expanded. No trouble fighting Balrog (On Huge unit setting there are 4 freaking units). It is however strange that you could fight them as Nargothrond, but not as Hador.

@alreadyded

Here is a save file from my Doriath campaign, turn 260+: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0svb2w4i8x...ksave.sav?dl=0

Still having UI CTDs from time to time, even with that latest patch which you had uploaded, but they are much rarer, and some tweaking in my NVidia Control Panel helped. Those Henchemen units have mixed up textures, and, ALL Elvish generals have silver surfer bodyguard units.

Also, had couple of in-middle of battle crashes, no axe throwers, no reinforcements, just CTD with a usual error message "Medieval has encountered alreadyded`s submod.. and needs to close down".

Other that that, having fun.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; March 19, 2018 at 02:31 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    No trouble fighting Balrog (On Huge unit setting there are 4 freaking units).
    Those things are insane. I removed their cannon shot because they were destroying whole armies on their own, and according to lore a Noldo hero could match a Balrog 1 on 1. So in my game a Balrog can be taken down by 8-10 units now.

Hi folks - As Gondolin I played about 660 turns on very hard mode - I have beaten Melkor on the 400th turn or so, most of the bugs were about battle maps when involving any creature, obviously.
    I stopped this game because I'm with Windows 32-bit and most of the sub-mods now get too heavy to be dealt with only 4Gb I guess, I have to install the whole Sega folder on a Windows 64-bit disc. I've had many CTDs because I bought a new motherboard and the 1Gb Nvidia card couldn't handle games on a HD wide screen monitor - so I have to buy a new video card, actually I'm playing thanks to the Intel chipset, so when going in the Bios settings and changing the integrated graphic memory from 64Mb to 1024Mb I can play with both Dagor Silmarillion and Dagor Ennor though.
    Just for saying, I think a lot of people may not know about this so they think their system is not powerful enough, most people I know play with Windows 32b.
    Thank you for all the fun anyway, I follow your sub-mods because I like the way you thought they had to be. When installed on 64-bit I'll be back in the stuff.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Those things are insane. I removed their cannon shot because they were destroying whole armies on their own, and according to lore a Noldo hero could match a Balrog 1 on 1. So in my game a Balrog can be taken down by 8-10 units now.
    Well, I usually have at least two units of Oropher Chosen, and I use them when I need to deal with Balrog. Single volley of both units takes the whole Balrog unit out. But, yes, they kick ass, they single-handedly took out seven of my Heavy Silvan spearmen units while being under siege, and prior to that, I had taken out their whole army with those seven units, and thought: Yey, victory is near.. when Balrogs hit my center square. And started the slaughter. Lost the city, 11 free upkeep units along with my general inside.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

did somebody say there was a new patch out? anybody have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    did somebody say there was a new patch out? anybody have a link?
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/dagor-silm...-age-campaigns
    Just scroll down, and you will see PCP UI FIX.

haha i guess i could have found that easily, thank you Elvenkind

Rad to be back at it - playing Nogrod about turn 100. Good stuff mostly, but definitely have feedback about diplomacy. At the start of the game there is a statement from Maedhros asking for an alliance and being aggressive against Melkor. Yet I found in game it was nearly impossible to get the sons of Feanor to ally, attack a baddie, or even share map info! I had to win a territory way up in Dor Gorgoroth and gift it to Maedhros to get him to ally. Definitely need to tweak things so he's more willing to work with others - in this time the dwarves of Nogrod get along pretty darn well with elves, so it just makes no sense.

Honest question, how "rough" is this sub-mod? By that I mean, how frequent are bugs, glitches and ctds. Also do I actually need TATW to begin with?

Custom portraits.7z

Alright, the generic custom portraits are driving me nuts. I am attempting to attach a zip file with some new First Age Custom Portraits:

Durin I - lord of Khazad dum
    Azaghal - lord of Belegost
    Gamil - lord of Nogrod (I took some liberties here and made the lord one of the only Nogrod dwarves discussed in Tolkien lore, a great smith)
    House of Bor - Bor and his sons Borlach, Borlad, and Borthand

I found images I liked from various artists and that fit the lore, as I understand it anyway. And I'm rolling with the "antique" look I used for some of the other custom portraits.

Please someone know if I successfully added a usable file.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kellenpure View Post
    Please someone know if I successfully added a usable file.
    Yup, perfectly usable.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Portraits House of Ulfang, Bor, and Dwarves.7z

OK then, now that I know I have this figured again, here are the custom portraits again much improved (at least I think so), and also added Ulfang and his sons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bor.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	352210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Borlach.jpg 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	352211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Borlad.jpg 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	352212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Borthand.jpg 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	352213

House of Bor: Bor and his sons Borlach, Borlad, and Borthand

I found an artist who was specifically interested in this little known tribe of Easterling farmers who came to Beleriand drawn by the rumor of lush lands, perhaps stirred by Morgoth to conspire against the Elves and other houses of Men. Yet they swore allegiance to Maedhros and were given lands by him, and they remained true during the Battle of Unnumbered Tears, eventually slaying the treacherous Ulfang and his sons. But they were eventually decimated by the minions of Morgoth, and the tribe was lost in history. I'm not adept at adding my own generals, but hopefully these will show up in an update.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Honest question, how "rough" is this sub-mod? By that I mean, how frequent are bugs, glitches and ctds. Also do I actually need TATW to begin with?
    since this is a submod yes you need vanilla TATW

as for how polished the mod is I cannot help you with that since I do not play it myself
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz