Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion

Turtling will be one way to go about it but not the only, I want there to be options like keeping other factions alive to use them as a meatshield later on. I don't know if there will be a best way to stay alive but I don't want there to be only one way. In the end Morgoth will conquer Beleriand for sure in the main campaign (after hundreds of turns and near when the Valar event happens if you do well). Custom campaigns will have different scenarios, even all factions starting neutral or at war for more open ended gameplay stuff. The main campaign will be very scripted in Beleriand and quite restrictive, but everything outside the Beleriand map will be unscripted and open ended.

These are the starting messages I am currently using but they are a WIP, I plan to use a lot of text from the books and paraphrase longer stuff heaps;

The Siege of Angband continues...

The Siege of Angband was the 400-year leaguer of the Noldor around the fortress of Morgoth in the early centuries of the First Age, which began following the Dagor Aglareb. The Noldor and their allies possessed insufficient force to assault Angband directly.\n\nIn the west Fingolfin and Fingon guarded the pass over Ered Wethrin into Hithlum from Barad Eithel, while Finrod and Orodreth held the pass of Sirion from Minas Tirith and Angrod with Aegnor held the northern slopes of Dorthonion to the borders of Aglon. In the east the Sons of Fëanor held watch; Celegorm and Curufin held the land between the rivers Aros and Celon, Maedhros had his stronghold on Himring while he guarded the Marches north of that hill and the plains between the rivers Celon and Gelion, Maglor kept watch over the northern hills of the river Gelion, and Caranthir in the shadows of Ered Luin.\n\nIt was during the Siege that Turgon's people left Nevrast to build Gondolin. Other Elven cities, Brithombar and Eglarest were also established by the Sindar on Falas, and Nargothrond, the realm of Finrod. The siege was incomplete, as Morgoth was still capable of sending out various forces of orcs to harass the elves, such as the attack of Hithlum; but the Noldor were grown strong enough, that these task forces posed no significant threat.\n\nAfter the defeat of Glaurung, a period called the 'Long Peace' begun. The Men of the House of Bëor entered Beleriand and were followed by the Haladin. Years after the Battle of Aglon Pass, the Forest of Brethil was given to the Haladin. A final band of Men, the House of Hador, came to Beleriand; they were given the lands of Dor-lómin.\n\nAfter four hundred years the Siege of Angband continues...\n\n\n

Doom of Mandos

'Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains. On the House of Fëanor the wrath of the Valar lieth from the West unto the uttermost East, and upon all that will follow them it shall be laid also. Their Oath shall drive them, and yet betray them, and ever snatch away the very treasures that they have sworn to pursue. To evil end shall all things turn that they begin well; and by treason of kin unto kin, and the fear of treason, shall this come to pass. The Dispossessed shall they be for ever.'\n\n'Ye have spilled the blood of your kindred unrighteously and have stained the land of Aman. For blood ye shall render blood, and beyond Aman ye shall dwell in Death's shadow. For though Eru appointed to you to die not in Eä, and no sickness may assail you, yet slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon and by torment and by grief; and your houseless spirits shall come then to Mandos. There long shall ye abide and yearn for your bodies, and find little pity though all whom ye have slain should entreat for you. And those that endure in Middle-earth and come not to Mandos shall grow weary of the world as with a great burden, and shall wane, and become as shadows of regret before the younger race that cometh after. The Valar have spoken.'

Union of Maedhros

Word has spread to us from the Union of Maedhros.\n\nMaedhros, son of Fëanor, perceives that Morgoth is not unassailable and yet believes that Morgoth would destroy us all, one by one, if we do not again unite, and make new league and common council. He implores us to trust not in secrecy and stealth to avail us against the Dark Enemy of the World. We must unite and assail the very walls of Angband should we ever wish to truely defeat Him.\n\nShall we raise a mighty host and march forth to join the assualt? Or trust that the Siege of Angband and our own defences will be enough?

Any help with writing is welcomed, feel free to post it in this thread even. Faction and Age specific ideas are always welcomed too. Making it feel as different from the other Ages is a main goal. I plan to run the ground textures through filters to make it all a bit more vibrant for the First Age and stuff like that. Every little thing helps, especially if it is easy.
    Last edited by alreadyded; December 06, 2016 at 06:12 PM.

I got all the family trees setup but I need other people to find portraits for First Age characters.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I got all the family trees setup but I need other people to find portraits for First Age characters.
    Which characters are in the mod that you want us to search for?

All the characters have been added. I personally don't care about character images much so I am not going to do it. I just wanted to put the word out for anyone that does want to do them since I will be releasing this soon so it can get done.

Any News?

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I could do that. What size do they need to be?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    I could do that. What size do they need to be?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...cter-portraits

All the characters have been added. I personally don't care about character images much so I am not going to do it. I just wanted to put the word out for anyone that does want to do them since I will be releasing this soon so it can get done.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I tested a hotseat campaign past turn 300 last night and no crashes so it is stable enough for a release. I don't know when I will get around to packing up the files and uploading them though.

I do still need portraits.
    Last edited by alreadyded; January 12, 2017 at 03:40 PM.

This is what I have so far. I'll edit them and find the rest later (hopefully soon).

edit: if any of them don't look good to you just let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files

They all look fine to me.

THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    What about the angry face?
    That is Morgoth.

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion ~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Alright here are the edited size corrected version of the above portraits in .tga format. I'm still trying to find the rest but might take some more time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion ~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

I don't care for the Tuor portrait, it looks like a general from Romance of the Three Kingdoms to me and not very "noble" for lack of a better word. He is Elrond's grandpappy so something that looks similar will probably be best eh? Or dark hair at least? No big deal for now. The Melian one I may want to edit or change it later but also no big deal right now. Thanks, I'll be sure to add you to the credits when I make them. If I do happen to forget feel free to remind me.
    Last edited by alreadyded; January 15, 2017 at 05:50 PM.

Very interesting concepts. Would love to stomp about all Middle Earth as Fëanoreans or Dwarves. Best of luck!

Will you use Ellin's model files for many factions, if permitted? Also, at very least the faction which sports Fingon needs mounted archers. The Fëanoreans have to field their fair share of cavalry as well, given the wide plains they patrol.
    Last edited by Karak Norn Clansman; January 16, 2017 at 03:22 AM.

I agree that the Tuor portrait is not that good. I'll find something more... manly. Although I believe he does have golden hair in the book (as does his entire house). He was supposed to be "the most elven of men", if that makes any sense. Maybe something like Thor could work for Tuor? They basically have the same name anyway.
    Last edited by Gallus; January 16, 2017 at 08:58 AM.

Thor. I thought that was a guy in the lore for a bit that I couldn't remember. I don't read comic books or watch comic book movies so it took me awhile to get it.

I have no idea about Elven hair colors, is Elrond's even dark in the books?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Thor. I thought that was a guy in the lore for a bit that I couldn't remember. I don't read comic books or watch comic book movies so it took me awhile to get it.

I have no idea about Elven hair colors, is Elrond's even dark in the books?
    the noldor had mostly black hair save for the house of fingofin trough their mother the second wife of finwe they had golden hair AFAIK
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    the noldor had mostly black hair save for the house of fingofin trough their mother the second wife of finwe they had golden hair AFAIK
    House of Finarfin, rather. Various of Feanor's sons were gingers.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quite so; both the Teleri and the Noldor were as a rule dark-haired, with some members of the noble Teleri line having silver-grey [including Celeborn]:
    Elwë himself had indeed long and beautiful hair of silver hue, but this does not seem to have been a common feature of the Sindar, though it was found among them occasionally, especially in the nearer or remoter kin of Elwë (as in the case of Cirdan).
    In general the Sindar appear to have very closely resembled the Exiles, being dark-haired, strong and tall, but lithe. Indeed they could hardly be told apart except by their eyes; for the eyes of all the Elves that had dwelt in Aman impressed those of Middle-earth by their piercing brightness. For which reason the Sindar often called them Lachend, pl. Lechind ‘flame- eyed’.
    - HoME 11
    Since Finwë's second wife was of the blonde Vanyar Elves, his son Finarfin had golden hair, as well as his four children Finrod, Galadriel, Angrod and Aegnor.
    Angrod's grandchild Finduilas was golden haired, so it's possible her brother Gil-galad was too.

Elrond had hair "dark as the shadows of twilight" (FotR); he had little Vanyar heritage.

As Infidel says, there were gingers found among the Noldor. Mathan the smith had red hair. His daughter was Nerdanel, wife of Fëanor, and in the house of Fëanor the children Maedhros, Amras and Amrod had red hair.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory