Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Icon8 Dagor Silmarillion [UPDATED]~ First Age Campaigns '...slain ye may be, and slain ye shall be: by weapon (bonuses) and by (coded) torment and by (scripted) grief...'

Outdated Explored Map Campaigns

All of Middle-Earth that can be fit in there and max factions.

Outdated Unexplored and Restricted Map Campaigns

Outside Beleriand is unexplored, nothing can be seen until you go there or trade map info with someone who has. Also a Restricted version where it is locked and cannot be traveled in until a specific event/optional script. Also other stuff like optional dormant AI until discovered and such things.

Outdated Dagor Beleriand Campaigns

Beleriand only map. Nowhere to run, ever! Not max factions.

Custom Campaigns

There will be quite a few of these for each of the above Main Campaigns.

Factions

Beleriand Only;

Dor Daedeloth "Land of the Shadow of Horror", Morgoth's faction ~ Able to recruit some Men and Dwarves units, all Orc units, and anything else that makes sense, eventually drakes late in game. No Elves though.

Host of Fëanor ~ Able to recruit some Men, some Dwarves.

Host of Fingolfin ~ Able to recruit many Men and some Elves from other factions.

Kingdom of Nargothrond

Kingdom of Gondolin

Falathrim

Kingdom of Doriath

Laegrim (Laiquendi)

Khazâd Clans of Belegost

Khazâd Clans of Nogrod (turns traitor in game)

House of Marach

House of Bëor

House of Haldad

House of Bór

House of Ulfang (turns traitor in game)

Síleráth Ungoliant

Raugdúath ~ Wolves and such along with Orcs.

*Glaurung (Another Orc faction with a dragon as faction leader, no other dragon units recruitable most likely, may not even be added entirely since it isn't needed. Slot might be used for Host of the Valar instead though that isn't needed either since I can just use Eämbar of Eru faction for that stuff.)

Rest of factions;

Khazâd Clans of Khazâd-dûm (Misty Mountains)

Eämbar of Eru ~ Eagles, Ents, and such. May also be used for Host of the Valar scripts.

Gwathuirim (Dunlendings in Eriador, before they fled to Dunland)

Orcs of Ered Nimrais (Gondor mountains)

Orcs of Ered Engrin (Iron Mountains)

Haradrim

Váringárhoth (Variags)

Éothéod (in Rhovanion)

Taur-imlothrim (Forest-vale men/people) or Forodrim (North men/people) (in Anduin Vale and Greenwood/Mirkwood area)

Celusindirim (River People) (Dale and Erebor area)

Egládhoth (Forsaken people) (Corsair and Outlaws, along coasts)

Faróthrim (Hunter people) (Far Harad)

*Kingdom of Numenor (for really late in the campaign, may be added in place of Glaurung faction, but it isn't needed)

Under the Shadow (lots of rebel factions, no dragons).

Significant Battles (applies to all campaigns)

The following are the major battles in this long, extended conflict. Morgoth ever used Angband as a mighty fortress, and the base from which to launch his devastating attacks. While the Noldor had their victories, the Doom of Mandos always hung over their efforts. Men and Dwarves fought in these battles on both sides, and for a long time after the Elves had scorn for the Houses who supported Morgoth.

-The Fourth Battle was the disastrous Dagor Bragollach, or Battle of Sudden Flame, in which Ard-galen burned and many Noldor, including Fingolfin, were slain.

-The Fifth Battle was the Nirnaeth Arnoediad or Battle of Unnumbered Tears, in which the Union of Maedhros was utterly broken by Morgoth.

-The Fall of the Falas, in which the havens of Brithombar and Eglarest were sacked and fell, took place after the Nírnaeth.

-The Sack of Nargothrond, where the city was destroyed by Glaurung and his Orcs.

-The Fall of Gondolin, in which Morgoth's hosts besieged and destroyed the Noldor and their citadel of Gondolin, killing King Turgon.

-The Sixth and Last Battle of Beleriand was the War of Wrath, which defeated Morgoth, ended the First Age of Arda and destroyed Beleriand.

Gameplay plan so far; Each one of these will be waves of stacks, some of which will have awesome generals (Glaurung, Gothmog, Balrogs, Sauron, Battle Trolls maybe, etc.) but most will be crappy Orcs and such that are easy enough to mop up if there are still enough ally factions around to help out. Helping allies survive these waves, and surviving yourself, as best as possible and rebuilding inbetween these waves to survive the next will be a major point in gameplay in Beleriand, or obviously allying with Morgoth. In the expanded map/restricted map campaigns running away and hiding in Middle-Earth may be wiser unless you ally with Morgoth. The Host of Feanor is always at war with Morgoth and whomever owns a Silmaril (one will be floating around after Beren dies).

Hotseat Campaigns/Play As Multiple Factions (READ THIS FIRST!)

All campaigns are Hotseat compatible. Paste the following code into your TATW.cfg file (over any pre-existing "[hotseat]" section) to fight all battles in Hotseat Campaigns. Without it you will have to auto resolve defensive battles. Do this before you start your campaign and make the TATW.cfg file Read Only. This is not save game compatible as far as I know. Do not disable console, many scripts use it.

Code:
    [hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    turns = false
    scroll = false

Included mods not made by me;

PCP Imladris Submod, by z3n. CAI and BAI as is, not tweaked by me.

12 turns per year script with weather conditions
    , by GrnEyedDvl.

Alternate Patch 4.8 custom settlements, by leo.civil.uefs.

Aragorn as king of Gondor script ,by Kilic Ali. Reused in part for other factions.

Additional character names, by Spice Master and MIKE_GOLF.

Most recent G5 BAI, Traveling Merchants Mini-Mod, Spoils of War Mini-Mod, and Achievements Mini-Mod, by Germanicu5. With minor tweaks from myself.

Elves and Dwarves Units from FROME, by Koultouras and Beorn of Carrock.

Hero Abilities and Battle UI Buttons, by Noobas.

High Quality Sky Texture Project, by Hereje.

Tolkien Quotes Submod v2.6, by Ngugi.

Amon Hen and the White Towers custom tiles, by Arkay.

Free Ancillary Resource, by Small Projects Mods. With minor tweaks from myself.

Axe Projectiles, by Griffin 795.

Credits;

Ngugi ~ Help gathering lore info for start positions, technically the first person to join this project (though he may not agree with my lore choices).

Kellenpure ~ Help gathering character portraits. Most of the coordinates for forts and interactive villages, Hardcore Beta testing.

Gallus ~ Help gathering character portraits, thanks.

Gigantus ~ Original Beleriand map (most of the work). Technical advice with other projects whenever I needed it, thanks.

Colonel Cleg McCleg ~ Further development of Beleriand map, not sure how much (finished by me).

King Kong and TATW Team.

Tolkiengateway content creators.

All artists whom created the 2d art used in this mod that I did not create.

And of course Tolkien for writing it and his son for publishing it.

PCP Credits;

Tyee ~ Hardcore Beta testing.

ElvenKind ~ Unit/Info cards,
    Hardcore Beta testing.

Kellenpure ~ Most of the coordinates for forts and interactive villages, Hardcore Beta testing.

Draco ~ Hardcore Beta testing.

Withwnar ~ Scripting advice whenever I needed it, thanks.

Past (in no particular order, much thanks to all for their time);

knight of meh ~ Boring text work I didn't want to do (thanks a bunch!), Beta testing.

bandicoot ~ Hardcore Beta testing.

Insomaniac ~ Beta testing.

Amon Amarth 930 ~ Being a big help way back in the very beginning with a bunch of things.

Louis Lux ~ New faction symbols. Spider textures. Some unit textures for Elves.

Noobas/Noobio now? ~ Hero abilities with 2d art. Some buildings 2d art.

King Kong ~ Reunited Kingdom/Black Guard units and Radagast base models/textures.

Hero of the West ~ Some ancillaries with 2d art.

Euripides ~ Help with
    faction and unit descriptions.

Thuringwethil ~
    Help with faction and unit descriptions.

Dazo ~ Some character names.

Ngugi ~ Several sound fixes (glad I didn't have to do it ).

Ishan ~ Technical advice whenever I needed it, thanks.

Gigantus ~ Original Beleriand map (most of the work). Technical advice whenever I needed it, thanks.

Colonel Cleg McCleg ~ Further development of Beleriand map, not sure how much. (finished by me)

Spice Master ~ Map height concept for far south mountains.

And thank you to all those who volunteered to help that I never replied to .

~Credit To; Tolkien for his research and writings. Knight Errant for his wonderful GOAT/GOAL tool, without which none of this would have been as easy to do. Wilddog for IWTE tool for custom settlements. TATW Team for all of their hard work, and King Kong for making it happen. Disgruntled Goat for free use of Rhûn units. AlphaDelta and Strelac for free use of Broken Crescent units.
    Rusichi TW team for use of units.

Download/Installation;

All currently released files are found here.

~

~~~~~~~~
    Includes;
    ~~~~~~~~

First Age, Third Age, and Fourth Age Main Campaigns along with many Custom Campaigns. Second Age is currently unplayable.

~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Manual Install (and Steam); BASIC (easier)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copy, paste, and rename your Third_Age_3 folder to have this mod alongside others.

Disable UAC. First (not after!) paste the PCP_File_Cleaner.bat into your data folder (default is 'SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data') and run it (double-click it). Run the File Cleaner before installation to remove some M2TW and TATW hardcoded bugs, they cannot be removed after installation.

After running it install PCP_Files_Installer.exe to desktop and copy the data folder and replace your TATW data folder. Then do the same with the First_Age_Installer.exe (or one of the others to make them the Main Campaigns). Launch your game as you normally would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Direct Install; ADVANCED (faster)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copy, paste, and rename your Third_Age_3 folder to have this mod alongside others.

Disable UAC. First (not after!) paste the PCP_File_Cleaner.bat into your data folder (default is 'SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data') and run it (double-click it). Run the File Cleaner before installation to remove some M2TW and TATW hardcoded bugs, they cannot be removed after installation.

After that install PCP_Files_Installer.exe and direct it to your mod folder (default is Third_Age_3). Then do the same with the First_Age_Installer.exe (or one of the others to make them the Main Campaigns). Launch your game as you normally would.

~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OPTIONAL Enb Series;
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Locate PCP_Enb_Series folder and copy the SEGA folder and paste over your SEGA folder, and run the game or any mod as usual (works with everything). After the game menu has finished loading hold SHIFT and press F12 at any time to enable/disable the tweaks. This was designed for use in battles only, it will work on the strat map but strat map lighting is far simpler so its probably best to toggle it off (SHIFT+F12).

~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OPTIONAL Hotseat/Multi-Factions Campaigns;
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All campaigns are Hotseat compatible. Paste the following code into your TATW.cfg file (over any pre-existing "[hotseat]" section) to fight all battles in Hotseat Campaigns. Without it you will have to auto resolve defensive battles. Do this before you start your campaign and make the TATW.cfg file Read Only. This is not save game compatible as far as I know. Do not disable console, many scripts use it. Use File Swappers to allow for Hotseat Campaigns in all Ages.

Paste the following code into the pre-existing [hotseat] section or make one;

[hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    turns = false
    scroll = false

~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OPTIONAL File Swapping;
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steam users may need to change the name used in Steam to launch the game with these, just running them and starting your game as usual is fine. Locate the .bat launchers/File Swappers in your mod folder and RUN ONE whenever you switch to and from the First Age for the first time which uses different files, otherwise you need two or more mods/mod folders of TATW to have two or more Ages. Be sure to state that you are not playing the First Age if you give feedback on other Ages, be specific or you will just break all of them with misleading info.

~

~

~Enabling Trace in the Log, Best For Reporting Bugs~
    Open TATW.cfg (using a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++, all of them are free programs) in your mod folder (default name is Third_Age_3) and change the entry;

Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;level = * trace
    level = * error
    to

Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error
    You are just swapping the ";" and saving the file. You only have to do this once. Uploading the whole log is best if you get a crash, but posting the last 50-100 lines of the log is usually good enough. If the file is very large compress (zip/rar) it before uploading. Use appbox.com or something similar if you don't know where to upload it. The log file is in "SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs" folder. You can/should undo these changes afterwards to speed up turn times.

~Feedback~

Say whatever you like, anything short of a swift kick to the nuts is not going to hurt my feelings. Saved games of 100+ turns are welcomed, they help me balance since I have no time to play multiple games that long.

~
    Help with faction descriptions, events and stuff like that is welcomed.

Help with any other small things is appreciated as well, I may not have time to get around to them for awhile with so many bigger things to do.

Also loading screens appropriate to the time period and setting, the images need be 1024x768 or larger.

And of course all ideas are welcomed and will be considered, say whatever you like but don't expect a reply to every single thing as I have no time for that. If I like it I will add it to the to do list.
    ~

Here is a moddb link for anyone that doesn't want to make a account on this forum to post, you can post as a guest over there;

Last edited by alreadyded; July 19, 2018 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Have I ever told you about the time I killed a bare with my bear hands?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Dagor Silmarillion

Aha, the Dagor series bransch out!

What about the angry face?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's great to see you're working on this alreadyded

Yeah I am really looking forward to this. If I can get any free time to help I will as I would love to play The Silmarrillion. May be January at the earliest though for me helping out though, I can do everything but scripting

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

I love you work but this mod is not into my style so will not play it [not that you care about that anyway] but again I love your work
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

suggestion for the buildings, from my own tinkering with your base files. Buiding times for all units get doubled, then each unit gets another add to build time, remember to adjust how many of that unit you want as this will double the number, by adding one of the new building lines with incremental addition of the unit, ie all inf from barracks now take twice the number of turns, but the prescence of the smith building adds what has been lost back at the highest level, cav stables take twice the turn numbers, but the horsebuilding line now adds them back in, so first level horse builing produces cav very slowly, gets quicker with each upgrade, and when maxed out at the same speed of a cav barracks. example unit from Inf barracks in 4 turns now takes 8, 8 levels of smith each level adds half a turn to that units creation. Archers i refer the woodworking building line, Use replace all on the turn time to build on the buildings file to get it to double turns times, only fiddly bit is to check faction smith level to know what value to add back in. If your going to limit same factions to village size devolpment, then barring barracks/top tier buildings but allowing other buildings to produce higher tier units at a very much reduced speed may be of use to you seeing as a possible grand campaign of extreme length is now possible and unit creation and unit numbers avaiable i game are imortant aspects that currently can be better moddeld by your expanded building tree.All movement points are set in the character file line entries, however in the campaign db you can a float point modifier for cac and siege classes that add or subtract to this base movement point alloence, i went for 160 for fleets diplomats, 120 for generals, this is then the default infantry speed, cav get 50% more, siege 50% less, there is a tutorial in the text edditting section fo how to add in the two lines to achieve any ratio one likes. Not sure what would work best in your different maps.Highly recomend this as an all cav force now has more strategic use, siege units drag a stack down to a crawl
    Last edited by Hanny; September 04, 2016 at 11:57 AM.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Benjamin Franklin

Wow this project is quite large

deleted
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 12, 2016 at 05:30 PM.

Some beautiful symbols for Fingolfin and Feanor (and Finarfin, but that's not very useful for this mod):

Ya those are better, no clue how I didn't find them on the net. All the symbols are useful, even the female ones, I can always use them for shields and such. I don't plan to spend my time making any symbols, just editing previously existing ones by running them through filters.

Edit; Symbols for any of the other factions are needed as well, I would like to use different symbols for all them since it is so easy to swap them out. Also they can't be round, except for Ungoliant's since that is feminine in First Age banners. I feel like a lore fanatic for knowing that I just read it not too long ago though I swear!
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 06, 2016 at 03:29 PM.

Did you look at the Alexander mod of silmarillion, it has what your looking for, as well as other ideas to borrow!
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Benjamin Franklin

deleted.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 21, 2017 at 05:31 PM.

Man I can't wait to play this. If you any help with writing (descriptions and lore and stuff) I'd be glad to help.

Personnaly, I would find it great if this Second Age Campaign could bring news things in the gameplay.

New tactics, new formations, new ways of playing. But I know I am asking a lot, what you give us is already huge Alreadydead.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

it's the second time I say this, this dude deserves an Opifex, at the least
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Ditto some nice things in already, the unrevealled uber map looks very cool, a ton of work to do ahead mind you!
    Last edited by Hanny; September 14, 2016 at 01:01 PM.

deleted.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 21, 2017 at 05:30 PM.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

I believe Ngugi and I had the suggestion for the War of the Silmarils that the Elves and Men cannot win according to Lore. As long as you are doing well, the best you can hope for is stalemate with Angband inpenetrable and spawning dreadstacks. So the only way to win is to actually loose, but get the right ancillaries (Silmaril) on a Dilomat and send him to Valinor for some spawned stacks of Maia-Vanyar-Noldo and opening a route to Angband.

Your style is unconventional enough that you might want to consider that.

That is close to what I am going for; just replace stalemate with "on the back foot."

I thought I already posted the plan under the major battles but I didn't.

Gameplay plan so far; Each one of these will be waves of stacks, some of which will have awesome generals (Glaurung, Gothmog, Balrogs, Sauron, Battle Trolls maybe, etc.) but most will be crappy Orcs and such that are easy enough to mop up if there are still enough ally factions around to help out. Helping allies survive these waves, and surviving yourself, as best as possible and rebuilding inbetween these waves to survive the next will be a major point in gameplay in Beleriand, or obviously allying with Morgoth. In the expanded map/restricted map campaigns running away and hiding in Middle-Earth may be wiser unless you ally with Morgoth. The Host of Feanor is always at war with Morgoth and whomever owns a Silmaril (one will be floating around after Beren dies).

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    That is close to what I am going for; just replace stalemate with "on the back foot."

I thought I already posted the plan under the major battles but I didn't.

You might have, with me missing it. But yes, very much on the back foot- somewhat like Gondor turtling in MOS with all evil options.
    I quote my elaboration from the other FA mod and discussion there.

Lore game would vary for various factions, but for a Noldo faction it should be to be allied with xxx other factions and keeping Morgoth from conquering a certain number of provinces for a certain number of turns. After that get the option to play on while Morgoth gets stronger and stronger (spawned dreadstacks, added royal purse, added population) and eventually face utter defeat or get a diplomat with a Silmaril to Valinor and get an alliance using somehow the Palantir (Princess I believe) script.

For Morgoth it would be to conquer a certain number of provinces before a certain turn and get alliance with xx factions (likely Easterlings and symbolising corrupting The Children). Then get the option of playing on as dreadstacks from Valinor starts spawning; can he stave off defeat? He did for a rather long time actually.

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast