Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tenchijin a Historicly Accurate Sengoku Jidai Mod.

Default Re: Tenchijin a Historicly Accurate Sengoku Jidai Mod.

So far, we have been working on implementing DO (Chestplate) for the Yoroi armor sets, and also. i have been thinking of adding several newer helmets. Inspiration is highly required to develop such mod.

However, i thank you for being actively posting here!

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Thanks to you! so glad you are still working on it!!! :-)

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mrscotland View Post
    Yes! we do have a plan to make Tatami DO for Lower ranking Ashigaru!
    Great! I have waited years for someone with the necessary skills to make a tatami dou, the most common type of armour (which CA somehow forgot to include).
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Hello guys! we haven't posted much lately, here is some helmets in the works (Theres plenty more, but im too lazy to take picturs of them all)

This Kabuto or Helmet, is called the Eboshi kabuto, the eboshi kabuto varies in shapes, there are longer ones and shorters, they are sea based kind of like a shark fins, however in a more blunt shape

This helmet is no ordinary Eboshi Kabuto, this Eboshi Kabuto belongs to One of Oda Nobunaga's well known follower and retainer, Akechi Mitsuhide.
    Famous for the Betrayal at Honnou-Ji.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Will this baby make it in?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by LinusLinothorax; October 04, 2016 at 06:24 AM.

LinusLinothorax

Hello!
    I am afraid not, this armor you are showing here is an armor worn during the Edo Period, this mod takes place before the Edo Period, The Mod is foccused on the Famous Azuchi-Momoyama period.
    The Tatami Do will saw usage, however whether high ranking unit will use it or not is still discussable. i rarely saw samurai's with Tatami Armors, most of the time i see them in Armor displays than i do see them being used.
    However, Tatami Do Ashigaru is very famous and a well known low ranking unit. therefore they are to be added into the mod.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

LinusLinothorax

Hello!
    I am afraid not, this armor you are showing here is an armor worn during the Edo Period, this mod takes place before the Edo Period, The Mod is foccused on the Famous Azuchi-Momoyama period.

Yeah I know, but I was counting on that similiar designs were already around in the 16th century. It reminded me on Middle Eastern mirror armour:

Edit: Any plans concerning new horseharnesses, like this one:

Last edited by LinusLinothorax; October 04, 2016 at 09:53 AM.

Sadly, we do not have any plans to add any new Horse equipments, it is very complicated to do, we are foccusing more on the equipment of the units.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Hmm, I see. What about fancy helmets like the ones shown HERE or HERE?

Of course!, however only according to who wore them,

Certain Daimyo's will have these fancy helmets.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Great, srsly looking forward to this mod. I am not the biggest Japanophile, but historical accuracy and variety is always great to see.

Hello again everyone!

we would like to share some progress.

This is our new Legs model, as you see Samurai's legs were more baggy and their leg armor, which was called the Suneate was more cylinder-like, not too shaped.

The Shoulder guard which is called the "Sode" is also a brand new model we implemented, that includes the Helmet which is the Hari-Bachi kabuto.

The Armor or the "Do" is our Texture work, there is color variants, such as red knots, green knots, blue knots, brown armor etc

This here is our new Ashigaru textures, and also those white ball thign you see are worn by special teppo ashigaru.

which was The Hyakkunin korps, there will be other Teppo units. such as the Saika/Saiga Ikki as a top level mercenary.
    Hum but there is still many thing to say about historical accuracy in both armors and units.

Hyakkunin-gumi where Edo period guard of the bakufu capital at Edo (Tokyo), they were not present in Sengoku period.
    Altrough we can often see the saiga called "mercennaries", they can only be considered as such only after Hideyoshi had wipped them out of Kii province. Before that, Saiga warriors are part of the "Saika-ikki", the "league" of Saiga assembling locals warriors for self-defense against invaders, they had strong connections with the nearby Ishiyama Hongan-ji of the Jodo-shinshu sect followers since many of them where Jodo-shinshu adherents and perhaps some part of the province was ruled in the same way than ikko-ikki provinces (provincial leagues ruled by locals petty warriors adherent to the Jodo-shinshu organisating peasants communities through "dojo" networks). They fought back Oda troops when Nobunaga became a threath for the Jodo-shinshu followers but also to their own private interests. They became wandering masterless warriors (ronin) after Hideyoshi destroyed the Saiga-ikki and the Negoro-ji nearby and some came to serve Hideyoshi who appreciated their skill with firearms.

Those white balls where rice-balls carried by ashigaru as provisions, they used to retrived them when in battle for obvious reasons.

Units like "katana samurai" are not historically accurates, swords were second hand weapons, not primary. Primary weapons were bows, spears and muskets.

Also those samurai seems a bit wealthy to be low ranked samurai. If needed, i can provide images of the type of armor carried usually by troops depending of periods (and also of the saiga-shu helmets, the most fancy part of their equipment). The most used in late sengoku were the two type of tatami armors (kikko and karuta), the mogami and the okegawa plates.

(i remind those in order to help, not to freely criticize, i think you guy's are doing a great job and perhaps you don't know but many modders were waiting for moddelers on shogun 2, you are a blessing for this community, thanks a lot)

Quote Originally Posted by Seinine View Post
    Hum but there is still many thing to say about historical accuracy in both armors and units.

Hyakkunin-gumi where Edo period guard of the bakufu capital at Edo (Tokyo), they were not present in Sengoku period.
    Altrough we can often see the saiga called "mercennaries", they can only be considered as such only after Hideyoshi had wipped them out of Kii province. Before that, Saiga warriors are part of the "Saika-ikki", the "league" of Saiga assembling locals warriors for self-defense against invaders, they had strong connections with the nearby Ishiyama Hongan-ji of the Jodo-shinshu sect followers since many of them where Jodo-shinshu adherents and perhaps some part of the province was ruled in the same way than ikko-ikki provinces (provincial leagues ruled by locals petty warriors adherent to the Jodo-shinshu organisating peasants communities through "dojo" networks). They fought back Oda troops when Nobunaga became a threath for the Jodo-shinshu followers but also to their own private interests. They became wandering masterless warriors (ronin) after Hideyoshi destroyed the Saiga-ikki and the Negoro-ji nearby and some came to serve Hideyoshi who appreciated their skill with firearms.

Those white balls where rice-balls carried by ashigaru as provisions, they used to retrived them when in battle for obvious reasons.

Units like "katana samurai" are not historically accurates, swords were second hand weapons, not primary. Primary weapons were bows, spears and muskets.

Also those samurai seems a bit wealthy to be low ranked samurai. If needed, i can provide images of the type of armor carried usually by troops depending of periods (and also of the saiga-shu helmets, the most fancy part of their equipment). The most used in late sengoku were the two type of tatami armors (kikko and karuta), the mogami and the okegawa plates.

(i remind those in order to help, not to freely criticize, i think you guy's are doing a great job and perhaps you don't know but many modders were waiting for moddelers on shogun 2, you are a blessing for this community, thanks a lot)

Thank you sir!, i do not feel offended at all, infact i feel very happy, we like it when people tell us it is not right and it's supposed to look like this or that, because we aim to show Historical Accuracy, we love any information you or any other would give us, you could contribute to our effort by being our Historical researcher!

Here is my steam : johnyrebb ( aka [CL] Vol. Monty) ( WIth the picture of a WWII German Kaleun)

Yes! we do have a plan to make
    Tatami DO for Lower ranking Ashigaru!
    Great news. Any plans to include Kusari?

Hm, i don't think so, i rarely see those in battle.

Yes, i know they used those. but i am seeing these mostly in 1800's pictures, and it was said that it was also commonly used in the Nambokucho period.

And most Kusari i see in battles, are attached to the Kote, which is a part of their arm guard.

Hey guys, just want a little bit of help,

so me and the other guys have been wondering about Tatami do and also the fact Tachi are a secondary weapon, so we need some resources please, if somebody is able to provide them, i have seen alot of Folding screen and Ukiyo-e and some archive and other illustration showing Bushi Class also did use the Tachi as a primary weapon, i know Naginata and Yari and Yumi become a primary weapon too, but iam a bit confused now, and regarding also of wealthy and low class Bushi, guys if you can provide us and if you want to help us do research, we Appreciate it very much!

Please remember that we are doing this to create a Historical mod, if we dont know some things its because this topic is not the easiest to research, so please we want your cooperation to boost the mod's progress!!

Thank you!

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Concerning mail armour I found THIS:

"Kusari, Japanese mail, appeared in the 14th century. It differed from European mail in both construction and use.

Kusari almost never existed alone. Rather, it was used to fill all the gaps between the scales on the kote and suneate, or to connect them. Usually, it was sewn to the foundation fabrics or leather, or placed between two layers. Only in few cases was the kusari used as a basic protection—such as the secondary areas of the armour or as a shikoro in some mass-produced helmets6, etc.

The construction of the kusari was like with no other, except possibly the Etruscan form. It consisted of two types of rings: Round, parallel to the foundation fabrics (or leather) and oval, which were perpendicular to them. The round rings were made from thin wire (diameter was about 1.40-1.50 mm) with an inner diameter of about 3.00-3.50 mm. The oval rings were even smaller7. The rings were simply butted close rather than riveted.

Many types of kusari existed and almost all of them had another name. Probably, the most basic type was the kagomegata-gusari (also called so-gusari). In this type, each round ring was connected with four others. If two or three oval rings connected each couple of round ones, the mail was named kame-ko-gusari or seiro-gusari. In the hexagonal mail called fusa-gusari, each round ring was connected with six others. Places which needed high mobility and relatively low protection were covered with mail of lighter construction called futae- and koshi-gusari, kaushi- and hana-gusari, etc.
    Another type of mail appeared In the 16th century. It was called namban-gusari and was copied from the European mail form (namban, the Japanese term for Europeans, means "south barbarians"). It was the typical four-in-one mail but was made in the traditional Japanese manner of small butted rings. The kusari was always lacquered, usually in black, to protect it from corrosion."

The armour of Uesugi Kenshin combines mail with European plate:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast