Thread: Campaign Mounts

Default Campaign Mounts

I've been working on my campaign mounts for a little while now, and either the mount is not applied (unit is still on foot), or the game crashes as soon as I leave the trait screen after selecting the mount upgrade. I've looked through Caligula's data in the Legendary Lords Mounts Campaign mod and I've got all of the same changes.

Not sure if this is helpful, but if I set the agent field in ancillary_to_included_agents to general, for a unit that is a general, then the game crashes. If I set it to spy or wizard, the unit stays on foot.

ancillaries
    ancillaries_included_agent_subtypes
    ancillaries_required_skills
    ancillary_included_subcultures
    ancillary_info
    ancillary_to_included_agents
    ancillary_types
    campaign_mount_animation_set_overrides
    campaign_mounts
    cdir_military_generator_unit_qualities
    character_skill_level_details
    character_skill_level_to_ancillaries_junctions
    character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions
    character_skill_nodes
    character_skills
    land_units
    main_units
    unit_variants
    variants

Also, I have the mounts working properly in Custom Battles, so I'm thinking it has to deal with the ancillary or character skill stuff.

Default Re: Campaign Mounts

I have the same problem and I'm working with pretty much the same tables.
    I'm able to use the mounts in custom battles and to skill them in the campaign skill tree without crashing the game and I have a popup message appearing on screen that the mount is available, but it won't get equipped, neither manually nor automatically.
    I have tinkered around with some of the table entries, but nothing seems to be working.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I seriously hate updating mods because it just destroys my enthusiasm for modding (which is a trait in a modder I know) so I've pretty much stopped working on it.
    I really only did the custom battle stuff, so I'd recommend you ask DatedSandwich since he did most of the work.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/membe...-Datedsandwich
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/datedsandwich/

Did you manage to get the mounts working? I've implemented new mount skills successfully, works both in campaign and custom battle. To provide help I'd need more information about what you actually did, e.g. custom mounts or just existing mounts for new characters. Posting my used tables won't do much good, they obviously depend on what you're trying to mod. I used all the tables you mentioned. Maybe you want to upload the file.

Mod is here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=705666975

Let me know if you see anything, or if you need anything from a start_pos file or any other files that don't normally export well.

Also look at the Skill Nodes stuff since I have 2 custom skill nodes for all of my Generals (not including the Mounts). I'm still a bit new to the skill trees, but maybe something there is spark an "Aha!" moment (in reference to your skill node issue).

I'm not sure if they fixed something with The King and the Warlord, but I was finally able to get Campaign Mounts working. I think the culprit was in campaign_character_arts, coupled with campaign_mount_animation_set_overrides.

From what I can tell it didn't like the sword and shield animation set. Once I changed it to the spear and shield it seemed to work OK. That said, it didn't like the staff and sword set pre-DLC, but seems to work fine now. /shrug
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; November 13, 2016 at 04:31 PM.

Rather than start a new thread on this topic, I thought I'd ask here since it sounds like a solution might have been found.

I am in the process of modding various aspects of Vlad, and one of the things I want to do is add the ability for him to get a barded nightmare mount in his skill tree. I am using 5 Spice's* Steam mod that gives Vlad and Ghorst additional mount options as a basis so thanks to the author's there (most the work is basically done, I am just fiddling with the details a bit). However that mod doesn't represent Vlad riding his nightmare on the campaign map which, ideally, is something I'd like to implement.

Now, I downloaded the other legendary lord mount mods by 5 Spice and had a look at Sigvald's options. If you give him a chaos steed it's not represented on the campaign map but if you give him a manticore it . This makes me wonder if there's a reason for this, is it not possible to represent lords like Sigvald and Vlad on a horse on the campaign map?

I've subscribed to your Crooked Moon mod as well Cyclone Jack to see how you've done it. However your mod obviously covers a lot more ground than just mounts, so I was wondering if you could tell me which DB files I need to look at to modify the campaign representation?

Thanks and I hope it's okay to post this here rather than start a new thread.

*Credit where credit's due, I believe Caligula the Mad is/was also involved in this mod.

campaign_mounts, campaign_character_arts, and campaign_mount_animation_set_overrides are the main ones. Make sure the animation sets used in the latter two match.

Brilliant, thanks Jack. According to 5 Spice the game crashes if you give Vlad a campaign map mount, but I'll play around with it and at the very least I'll have learnt a bit more about modding this game.