Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Judex-Rex - The original thread

Default Re: Judex-Rex - Digital Historical Reconstruction, in this case the world of late antiquity, abbreviated DHRLAs

Quote Originally Posted by grif View Post
    These are names from Notitia
    http://late-roman.ru/notitia-dignita...inskie-chasti/

The legions of this period are very different from the legions of the early empire.
    Why such names are not known exactly, but we have our own version of what they mean.
    While no one before us - did not translate verbatim - the names from it, only we!
    This is what admire about this mod project. The level of historical immersion that it will offer. For me in particular, the ability to reconstruct a truly historical 4th century Roman army in TW: ATTILA.

Here is a most excellent book that covers the period of Roman military history leading up to the start Judex Rex.

https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Mili...ardback/p/4115

And the second volume that will cover the period 361-395 AD. Soon to be released in April.

https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/The-...ardback/p/6180

Russia seems to produce a unprecedented number of fanatical modders like the Judex Rex team. Who make Total war games still worth buying.

Default Re: Judex-Rex - Digital Historical Reconstruction, in this case the world of late antiquity, abbreviated DHRLAs

These are names from Notitia
    http://late-roman.ru/notitia-dignita...inskie-chasti/

The legions of this period are very different from the legions of the early empire.
    Why such names are not known exactly, but we have our own version of what they mean.
    While no one before us - did not translate verbatim - the names from it, only we!
    Therefore believe that the names of the legions Limitanei reported in Notitia Dignitatum are incorrect or not all. Right?
    This can be.
    From which you tap into sources? If you can know.

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Therefore believe that the names of the legions Limitanei reported in Notitia Dignitatum are incorrect or not all. Right?
    This can be.
    From which you tap into sources? If you can know.
    Notitia many times corresponded. Of course, some kind of records can be fictional, written down.
    Wrong and Peter Connolly - he wrote about flat shields, today we know exactly what they are convex!
    http://late-roman.ru/arheologicheski...-dura-europos/
    The author of our research has scientific articles and is the author of the Catalog of helmets of 3-7 centuries AD.

This is what admire about this mod project. The level of historical immersion that it will offer. For me in particular, the ability to reconstruct a truly historical 4th century Roman army in TW: ATTILA.
    Here is a most excellent book that covers the period of Roman military history leading up to the start Judex Rex.
    https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Mili...ardback/p/4115
    And the second volume that will cover the period 361-395 AD. Soon to be released in April.
    https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/The-...ardback/p/6180
    Russia seems to produce a unprecedented number of fanatical modders like the Judex Rex team. Who make Total war games still worth buying.
    Thank you! Very grateful for your evaluation!
    Great books!

Quote Originally Posted by mhawari View Post
    Okay, that's good.
    Here, for 12tpy version :http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-campaign-MOD
    Is there anyone who has been able to get this to work?

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Judex-Rex - The original thread

GERMANICUS
    While it doesn't work! You need to wait version 0.2.4, it is the ending of Chapter 2.
    And then you can do it.

GERMANICUS
    While it doesn't work! You need to wait version 0.2.4, it is the ending of Chapter 2.
    And then you can do it.
    Ok. I am very excited to see what new content the 0.24 build will contain.

It would be very good to have an official 12 turns per year submod for Judex-Rex.

Hi!

I just made acc to leave my opinion on this mod. I think this is most impressive work on historical accuracy I have ever seen in a mod. I find new units amazing and beautifully detailed.
    But I find it hard to play due to barbarians having their insane vannila attack/charge vallues. Tho new formations are impressive (gotta love that fulcum), I find them a bit too good in bonuses(too much attack given and defense[maybe better 10 attack max and 30% defense]). Battles tend to
    be over fairly quickly (I do realise this is WiP). May I suggest that defence is changed for all units from 20-70 depending on quality and weapons and training (inspired by Fall of the Eagles balance)? Maybe nerf thrown just a bit? That way I would have more time to watch epic new units fight . Do you plan to balance out barbarians too?

Anyways good luck with your mod! Hope o see new version soon .

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS View Post
    Ok. I am very excited to see what new content the 0.24 build will contain.
    It would be very good to have an official 12 turns per year submod for Judex-Rex.
    Good idea - we will do!
    It remains a little bit to finish.

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Version - 0.2.4 - Final Chapter 2!
    New gameplay - Armies of Exodus.

For the factions involved in the migration of the barbarians, the was created army from the commoners-settlers. Such factions in the game: 17. They only appear when the faction becomes a horde!
    Note: Huns and the closest allies "nomads" - are not considered migratory.
    Created 7 units (5 new) for migrating armies.
    These units are weak, they are commoners, but they do not have to flee, their family is here - therefore morality is much higher than even the militia!
    The number of units in a faction can be 18-40 units of Exodus.

The corrected strategic balance of power is among the Roman and barbarian factions!
    Removed excess vanilla infantry units.
    Fixed incorrect names of political parties for the factions: Saracens and Aesta.
    Fixed the number of siege vehicles for SubMod: Minim. Number of soldiers.
    Fixes of turns for recruting almost all factions, except Roman.

I am appeal to you - Romans:
    There used to be a storm in the sea, and now - expect a tidal wave from it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to update all the packs!

Those exodus guys are colorful. Just like jesters. Is it accurate? http://pixs.ru/showimage/RSRRRRRRRR_...6_25473011.jpg
    I thought common people had mostly uncolored clothes. But I may be very wrong.

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Only half is colored.
    This is not the most expensive clothes. There are no complicated patterns.
    Although everyone can make mistakes. We will slightly reduce the amount of colorful clothes in the detachment.

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Version 0.2.4 - Fix

Mod was found a serious error!
    Fractions previously recruited only mercenaries, now we have fixed it.
    Created Fix.
    Update 0judex_rex

grif's Avatar Semisalis

12 turns per year
    Incompatible with - Minimum number of soldiers!!!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...e&id=883027058

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Guys, do not forget to click Like - Judex-Rex in Steam!

Proposals
    I will be schematic in this way I hope to be more understandable.

Improve skirmishers units, go too close to the enemy, and too often come into contact with him. Lose their quality, they are not practical and truthful.

Make the game compatible with Ammo Refill - Magnar

Possibility of launching plumbata etc. when the units are being formed (Testudo etc.)

Mod option to remove the cloaks

grif what awaits in the next chapter?

first of all i cant wait to see what will be a complete version of this mod or the future updates,truly an amazing work u have done here and congrats for the effort,i recently had problems with my pc,so i installed attila again just to try this mod,so i ll jump right into my questions,i will start a new campaign today and i subbed into some campaign mods and avetis reskins will be an issue?and will be a near update that will brake my savegame?

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Improve skirmishers units, go too close to the enemy, and too often come into contact with him. Lose their quality, they are not practical and truthful.
    Make the game compatible with Ammo Refill - Magnar
    Possibility of launching plumbata etc. when the units are being formed (Testudo etc.)
    Mod option to remove the cloaks
    About skirmishers - did not understand.
    Ammo Refill - is that? give me a link!
    Plumbat - can not shoot when they are protected\closed shields! I'm against.
    Cloaks - - why? They were in history in raincoats. We will not do this.

Quote Originally Posted by kello View Post
    grif what awaits in the next chapter?
    In the next chapter - we'll show all the cavalry of the Roman army!

Giwrgos Stamos
    Thank!
    The full version 1.0 - probably greatly reduce the sales of Warhammer and the next games of the series.
    Must not put mod where there are tables!
    Errors in the Saveguam will not, but it will be uninteresting to play! Until the last renovation, the factions did not recruit the units, but only took the mercenary.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Sassanian and Aksumite roster coming soon?