Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Who am I? M2TW edition

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Who am I? M2TW edition

France for me.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by selv View Post
    I know you are trying to fool me, Athelstan, but you can't. I almost went with Milan or byzantium but finally I am betting on france.
    Ironic.

I was

I thought it was going to be quite obvious, seeing as Venice was purple. I quickly secured map and trade with the Turks to build friendly relations, and allied Armenia to support me in any future conflict. Then I slowly went east with my Emperor taking over the cities in the north of Anatolia, ignoring those south. Then pushed west and secured Greece, before Venice declared war on me, where I beat them back after a few large battles, before taking Venice itself in a massive battle, causing them for sue for peace in a few turns. Having no interest in expanding further into Europe, I will accept. As for not taking Beograd, every time I scouted it it was being besieged by Hungary, but they haven't managed to capture it yet. Mongols vassalised Cumans and Khwarizmi, so they pretty much barred themselves in and stopped expanding as they don't like to venture through allied land. I think. Anyways, explains why Kievan Rus did their thingy. France did pretty good too.

Here is the map 20 turns later

Venice remained peaceful. Sicily declared war, I took out a few armies, they sued for peace and gave me Cagliari and their north African cities. Then they declared war again, and I marched into souther Italy. Sicilia itself is besieged by Milan. Armenia attacked a turkish navy I stood next to, dragging me into the conflict there. As for Antioch, due to the Emirate of Damascus being a vassal of Turkey they declared war, so I sent in a stack and took Antioch while their 4 stacks weren't in range. Next turn I peace'd em, meaning I got Antioch for minimal losses.

All 0 people who guessed correctly have been repped.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

What? I lost? But, but, I thought that byzantium was a decoy... You chocked the life out of me... I don't understand...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by selv View Post
    What? I lost? But, but, I thought that byzantium was a decoy... You chocked the life out of me... I don't understand...
    I believe sir, that's what one calls a triple bamboozle
    and Peaman

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

What a mega oOf. I believe all of us just got administered the yeet on that one. Great map though! He's releasing the 3.0 version of the Total Vanilla Beyond mod quite soon, and I can't wait for it.

Blog Entries

Aye, I'm looking forward to it too
    and Peaman

Well it's been a long while since I've played Med2 so here we go folks, just like King Athelstan's previous map I tried out the Total Vanilla mod. I'll quote him for the start pos as it is more or less the same.

Turn: 46
    VH/VH
    Treasury: 47297
    Jihad: Jerusalem (Taken by Egypt)
    Crusades: None

Best of luck! Although it shouldn't be too hard

My Map

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Alright, time for another map! This one was played with Total Vanilla, which rebalances the game, adds more regions, factions and units etc. Just like with BattleAxe in the last map, I recommend you check it out All factions except rebels are playable, and the Americas are accessible from turn 2.

Starting locations:

Non-vanilla factions:
    Dark red with blue borders: Norway
    Brown with red borders: Apachean tribes
    Green with yellow borders: Ireland
    Bright blue with red borders: Lithuania
    Gold with blue borders: Novgorod
    Turquoise with red borders: Cumans
    Pale with black borders: Mongols
    Purple with yellow borders: Khwarizmiens
    Yellow with red borders: Cilician kingdom of Armenia
    Red with black borders: Emirate of Damascus
    Black with white borders: Emirate of Baghdad

Last edited by SanyuXV; September 13, 2018 at 04:04 AM.

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

You're the ​Byzantine Empire

Blog Entries

I too am going with the Byzzies, seems you were able to expand quicker than I was
    and Peaman

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Byzzies seem the most likely indeed, nice expansion. For the sake of diversity I'll go with Denmark.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Byzantines?
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

As it's been a long while since this has been going again, I will be posting the answer 36 - 48 hours from the original post.

I think the original rule was 24 hours? I will need confirmation if this is ok, and if it isn't I will post the answer earlier.

Blog Entries

48 hours is fine
    and Peaman

Byzantines

Byzantines definitely look tempting, but I'm in a cork mood. You are Portugal!

As the majority of you guess, I was the Byzzies. The AI seemed super passive in this mod, I was the only one who started any meaningful wars that lasted longer than 1 turn. Also no one wanted an alliance with me besides Novgorod cause I was untrustworthy, must be all the executions going on or something

Thanks for participating folks, and rep will be handed out

p.s if someone could rep King Athelstan for me I would really appreciate it! If not I'll get to it eventually

Last edited by SanyuXV; September 16, 2018 at 03:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Nice map, it the difference in faction aggresiveness might be because of the different versions of the mod? Or you just rolled the dice for some very passive AI

Two Byzantines in a row is fun, did you play especially aggressive or just expanded where you saw a good opportunity?
    and Peaman

I was playing on the latest version of the mod which is 3.0? In any case, I played super aggressive as the money situation wasn't the greatest and expansion is probably the fastest ways to bolster the economy on M2 from what I remember.

Might try another campaign to see if the AI is still the same, or go back to SS6.4 if I still want to play in this time period

Blog Entries

Aye, quickest way of making large amounts of money is going from city to city and sacking. I played mine on 2. something, 3.0 hadn't realeased yet at that point

Alright, an easy one to revive the thread:

It's Americas vanilla, completely unmodified.

Spoiler for Starting positions

Spoiler for Map

Spoiler for Map zoomed on Mexico

Turn: 51
    Treasury: 1866
    Warpaths declared: zero

For obvious reasons, there's no option for crusades or jihads.

Factions:
    Beige: Apache
    Black: Chichimecs
    Yellow-black: Tarascans
    Light blue: Aztecs
    Orange: Tlaxcala
    Yellow-red: Spain
    Green: Mayas
    Blue in Florida: France
    Golden star in Honduras: English

The last two are unplayable, so that leaves only seven candidates.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; September 20, 2018 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Forgot half the maps.