Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who am I? M2TW edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Default Who am I? M2TW edition

General Info:"Who Am I?" is an online forum game in which a player first posts a radar map, and\or a campaign map screenshot, showing only the territorial conquest of every faction whilst hiding his or her faction's identity. After that other players, with or without any provided additional info, guess which faction that particular player has been playing. Players that guess the right answer may receive one reputation point as a reward.

Rules of the game:A member can post only ONE screenshot at a time!
    Player can provide some hints to help at any stage if he wants to.
    The progress of his or her campaign should preferably be from turn number 40 or later to assure other factions have progressed as well.
    Withhold the answer for at least 24 hours, so that enough members can guess the answer.
    You can't give regions (settlements) away in order to make your faction hard to guess. Settlements can be gifted but this has to be mentioned.
    The screenshot can be of a normal vanilla map. If you post a map from a mod, then please provide additional info about all the playable factions, their colours and their starting positions on the campaign map.
    Any modifications to the game that could possibly change AI behaviour/faction expansion should be reported.
    Lastly, to make it easier for others it would be nice to post a zoomed radar map separately, so that players can view the territorial conquest easily.

Thread Guidelines:Please don't spam in this thread & try to orientate your posts around the game as any off-topic post will be deleted by moderators.
    Commentary on the map or a particular faction is acceptable.
    Players will not ask for rep or have any conversation about it here in this thread.
    Posting of rep lists when the round is concluded, that is a list of members who guessed the right answer, is allowed.
    If the answer is already revealed by the player and the round is concluded, then either post a new map to start a new round or try not to post anything at all, unless it's related to previous round.
    Try to highlight your answers that is faction name in bold, so that the actual game remains on the foreground.

Rep distribution:As we all know a game becomes more exciting if, for the winners, some sort of reward is attached to it. On a forum, reputation can be treated as such. In the past there have been many instances of off-topic posting where members argue with each other over rep and thereby disrupting the actual game. So to prevent this try to follow these guidelines:
    Say a member xyz 1 starts a round and after it, 10 users guess the right faction, then this is how you guys can distribute rep among yourselves without arguing or talking about it:

^Here user xyz 1 and xyz 2 distribute the rep to the entire group. If there are more winners then xyz 3 will give rep to the rest of them & so on.
    If a member is not repped then either post a visitor message or private message to the guy who owes you.
    Also a member can give only 7 reps per day, so try to wait 2-3 days & don't pester someone over it.
    Under all circumstances no one will disrupt the thread over rep.

Want to start a round?!But don't know how to take a screenshot and edit the picture to hide your faction? Then click the spoiler below to see the instructions for creating & editing your own screenshots:
    Spoiler for Instructions

You can take screenshots by two methods:
    1) Either press the print screen key on your keyboard while in campaign to capture a screenhots in .tga format. Your screenshot will be saved in the tgas folder in your main M2TW directory.
    2) After that download a photo editing software like GIMP and then open that .tga file and use it hide your HUD showing faction icon and such somewhat like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

3) Save the file as .jpeg or .png type & then use a image hosting service like imageshack or tinypic to upload your screenshot and then paste it in your post by providing its URL address in the insert image icon box ""

Alternatively you can download Fraps to capture a screenshot and then edit the saved screenshot using MS paint.

For capturing a big view of your radar map read this post to capture screenshots in bigger resolutions, then just use the crop tool in your photo editor program to get only the desired area separately.

Additional notes
    • As activity has dropped it is reasonable to keep the map going for more than 24 hours, leaving it open for 48 to 72 hours should suffice although the map poster could, in case of very low activity, chose to extend this even further.
    • Campaigns earlier than turn 40 are acceptable if factions have made some decent progress. This rule is in place to ensure factions have progressed and expanded, as this is what the guesses are based on.
    • Keep in mind that some mods (Stainless Steel for example) have UI that reveals the culture of the faction you're playing, which would limit guessing options. It is therefore advisable to post just a picture of just the radar map.
    • As this is a game where people guess one's faction by factions' expansion turtling (intentionally not expanding) is not seen as acceptable behaviour. Please do not post maps of turtling campaigns.

If the guidelines are blatantly ignored then a moderator will post a thread warning and if it's ignored then notes & infractions may be issued to the users responsible to bring the game back on-track. Report the user's post if he\she is not following the guidelines, please.

Default Re: Who am I? M2TW edition

A fresh start, so here we go. I have mostly copied Ishan's OP from the old thread, although I have slightly altered some of the rules. I have also added some notes at the bottom of the post. I'll update the small screenshot instruction shortly, when I find some time.

And now to kick off the new thread of course a new map.

Stainless Steel 6.4
    Late campaign
    VH/VH
    Turn 51
    Treasury 2580

Crusades:
    Gaza (Crusader States)
    Vilnius (Hungary)

Jihads:
    None

Hard-to-see regions:
    Palma (Aragon)
    Rhodes (Venice)
    Visby (Rebels)

Startpos

Hard-to-see regions:
    Palma (Aragon)
    Rhodes (Venice)
    Visby (Rebels)

Non-vanilla factions:
    Gold-blue: Aragon
    Brownish red-blue: Norway
    Black-white: Teutonic Order
    Brown-orange: Lithuania
    Light blue-yellow: Kievan Rus
    Brown-light blue: Cumans
    Blueish green-red: Kwarezhmian Empire
    White-gold: Crusader States
    Yellow-white: Genoa (also holds the Crimea)
    Last edited by lolIsuck; August 26, 2016 at 09:27 PM.

I say Danmark.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kaiser Nonsense; August 29, 2016 at 06:55 PM.

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

I guess France

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

The Most Serene Republic of Venice.

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

I will say Crusader States!
    Înfrânt nu eşti atunci când sângeri,
    nici ochii când în lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele înfrângeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

France.

France

H Con's Avatar Senator

Denmark.
    UN: All problems would be solved if everyone could just sit down and talk.
    Bin Laden:But the problem is that everyo--
    Navy Seal: RATATATATATA!
    Another Navy Seal: RATATATATA!
    Pokémon Trainer: RATTATA! USE SCRATCH!
    *dust settles*
    Al Zawahiri: --that everyone must speak Arabic first!

Bow General Mod for Total War: Shogun II

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

I'll guess France.

France is kind of too obvious so I bet on Venice !

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Denmark?

Skald's Avatar Decanus

The Crusader States...

Counter thinking here - Turkey
    "War is an extension of diplomacy, but by other means." Karl von Clausewitz

Alright, I'm guessing this is going to be all so over to the reveal. I was:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Venice!

My economy sucks quite a lot, mostly due to me having far too many troops at the moment, the knights and mercs really drain your income but I'm expanding (slowly) so it shouldn't be a huge problem in the long term. I was partly held back by the Pope telling e to leave Hungary alone, which made me miss out on Thessaloniki and is the reason I've still not taken Esztergom. I screwed my Papal favour on this war and was excommunicated but as the Pope died the exact same turn also allowed to return immediately. The weakness of the Byzantines and large amount of rebel region in Greece are ideal and the HRE being almost completely obliterated by a strong France and Denmark certainly helped.
    Because the Byzatines and Egypt are pretty weak the Turks were able to expand and the crusaders have held on easily. Their main threat seems to be the Turks, of whom they just took Damascus last turn.
    Other remarkable developments would be Novgorod very easily walking over Kiev and Aragon's fall. They were probably the strongest Iberian faction but war with the Moors, Castille and France turned that around.

Frunk and Seshomaru were correct, they have been repped.

Damn it! I considered changing to Venice!

Good map! I play SS 6.4 a lot, but usually start in the Early Campaign.

Moderator Emeritus

I'm usually not great at this game, but I thought Venice straight away. My initial logic against France was that Scotland hold Bruges. I then realised that perhaps the French player was allied with the Scots, but it still wasn't as unusual to me as Venetian presence in both Greece and Anatolia.

AI Scotland virtually always takes Bruges, it is in most campaigns their only expansion. When playing as France you'd have to hurry and have a bit of luck to take Bruges so it's not all that odd. Certainly as Scotland is in most cases an ally, albeit ineffective in most cases, against England.

Moderator Emeritus

Indeed, so I thought a French player would have been able to take Bruges from the Scots easily, but I then considered that perhaps they had been allied, and/or the French player didn't consider Bruges worth taking. In any case, I didn't change my mind.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast