Thread: New to romeII/DEI couple questions...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New to romeII/DEI couple questions...

Hey guys so I bought Rome II at launch and obv it was so bad I decided to wait a couple years and come back to it once some overhauls came out from the talented modders around these parts. Decided I would try it again now that the new version of DEI came out, (seems awesome you devs are super ambitious fellows) and after a few hours of playing I have a few questions that may be exclusive to DEI or just an inexperienced player to Rome II in general. I tried to read as many guides for DEI as I could but still have some confusion.

1. Buildings - So you have a major province and then minor cities attached to it. If I build a barracks in one of the minor provinces can I recruit those units throughout the entire major province or just within the immediate proximity of that particular settlement? Same with religious buildings.... does constructing a religious building improve public order throughout the entire province or just that particular settlement?

2. "dignitaries are now governors" - So you can recruit a dignitary to act as a governor in DEI, I havent unlocked the ability to recruit them yet but does this eliminate the need to have one of your generals stationed in a city to provide bonuses to trade and public order ( I realize a general with an army decreaces public order)? What is the best strategy as far as dignitaries and generals being in settlements as far as overall management and keeping things running smoothly?

3. Unit rosters - I was looking at the unit rosters of the various factions in a custom battle to help me decide which faction I wanted to play for my campaign. Are there certain units that are not availabe in custom battles, that are recruitable in the campaign? I was looking through the roman units and there wasn't a single legionary unit on the roster in the custom battle recruitment panel that was rockin lorica segmentata? Is this because the custom battle only shows units prior to reforms? Found this sorta odd...

4. Is there a submod that adds blood and gore to the battles or is that only available through the dlc?

Thanks in advance to any advice!
    Last edited by Hockey85; August 24, 2016 at 02:27 AM.