Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troll CTD - help required

Default Re: Troll CTD - help required

Just wanted to add, if nothing else helps, there's a legit in-game way of limiting the appearance of trolls in the campaign - all non-human recruitment can be shut down permanently by constructing certain buildings, and trolls only come from the mountain forts in the Misty and Grey Mountains as well as Mordor (and trolls are only available to Adunabar and the rebel faction). If you manage to conquer or buy said forts, you can construct the reinforced walls to disable troll/orc recruitment, or give the fort to a third faction (I recommend Dwarves, they're the most reliable ones) to do so - for details on buying and giving away settlements, see the diplomacy guide.

The sprite fix I stumbled across does completely eliminate the CTDs for me; you just edit the right file to render sprites all the time, and set unit detail down to High, as Highest does all renders and no sprites.

Did TNS have trolls? Did it also have problem with the Troll CTD? If not, maybe we can use the troll model from there? better than sprites for sure!

All trolls that use a regular human skeleton instead of a (deformed) elephant skeleton while being defined as elephant type are bound to crash on many systems especially windows 10.
    Last edited by KurdishNomad; March 08, 2021 at 06:42 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12