Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer I & II & III Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Warhammer Mod Questions & Recommendations

Can anyone please recommend Battle Graphic mod that improves palette and makes units and terrain more distinguished (preferably with low FPS hit)? TW:W campaign map is fine but battle maps are kinda muddy, units blend into terrain and each other. On snowy plains my eyes just bleed. Never had this problem in previous TWs. Any tips are welcome.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Is there a mod that removers that glowy effect on soldiers that appears sometimes?

Is there a mod that removers that glowy effect on soldiers that appears sometimes? Anyone have a link?

Default Re: Chaos settlements mod

Quote Originally Posted by lillikonko View Post
    Hello.
    I'm on the hunt for a mod that lets the chaos faction take and hold settlements. I really like chaos but i really hate horde mode... If anyone here knows about such a mod please send me a link to it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?730743-Conquer-Anywhere-(Regional-Occupation-Removal)-and-Diplomatic-Options

The Chaos version should meet your needs.
    Last edited by Frunk; June 29, 2017 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Threads merged; quote added.
    If you wait till the last minute, it only takes a minute.

Default Damsels are so damned ugly... is there a mod?

That makes Damsels prettier, also smaller would be nice? But pretty is good.

I suspect it`s a feminist cancer thing, I`ve heard some of these Devs do this because it is now "sexist" to make women pretty in games. That has to be it cos Damsels are actually supposed to be very pretty in Lore.

Default Re: Damsels are so damned ugly... is there a mod?

Yes, there are mods.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

I doubt they purposefully make them uglier. It's more likely that they have less experience making female models, most TW units are male.

Yes.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=867502707

I think you're one of those rather anti-steam guys? There's still a way - and if it fails, you can always go online for a while, subscribe, go to data folder and copy that mod somewhere else, rename that mod, go offline, put the mod back in.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    I doubt they purposefully make them uglier. It's more likely that they have less experience making female models, most TW units are male.
    Please think about what you just said. You`re saying these women have been depicted ugly because they don`t know how to do pretty women? Anyone who can make male models can make very pretty female models, believe you me. It`s very much like art drawing when actually making faces. These women are being made intentionally ugly. And if you still refuse to believe that I can`t help you.

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    Yes.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=867502707

I think you're one of those rather anti-steam guys? There's still a way - and if it fails, you can always go online for a while, subscribe, go to data folder and copy that mod somewhere else, rename that mod, go offline, put the mod back in.
    I am somewhat anti-Steam although they are better than they used to be (their refund system is very good which makes it much easier to take a chance on Steam games now) and that`s exactly what I did since nobody seems to want make the files available on TWC any more, sadly. I will go back to modding myself soon if people keep doing this. I know how to make very pretty women. Many thanks.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; July 08, 2017 at 07:45 PM.

Gotta several questions I'd really like an input for:
    1. Since I started playing TW:W campaign, I installed Radious mod from the get go and had a blast with it since it's probably my favorite mod author from long ago. But recently I've finished campaign and looking for alternative, but not sure if its worth it. My gaze falls on Steel Faith, but from what I read about it, feels like it overcomplicates things a bit, while Radious just adds nice touch with more units, and some tweaks to mechanics while keeping mostly vanilla experience. I just would like to know how people find each mod who played both. Which one you think is more fun and why? Maybe there are other alternatives I'd enjoy which I don't know about?
    2. I'm not sure if it's Radious mod issue since I've seen quite a lot similar reports for vanilla game, but are Beastmen brutally overpowered race? I had some problems in fights with Dwarves mostly (for obvious reasons because I play Chaos exclusively) but Beastmen I could beat only 2 full armies of my own vs 1 of theirs, while most other races I can pretty much beat in combat even 1 vs 3, what's the deal?

Default Slower battle pace mod since Norsca patch

Can anyone please recommend a combat mod that will slow battle pace - ideally one that has been updated since the Norsca patch?

I usually use Kam2150's Proper Combat but I think he's busy with other projects and can't update.

Cheers.

Laetus

There are some:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=693983965

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=823421101

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=834648466

I did not find a mod that a like 100%. All mods have parts I don't like. Just try them out. If someone knows of other such mods i would like to hear.

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

KAM's Proper Combat mod was updated this morning.

Default Overhaul mod comparison

Hi there! I recently purchased TW:W, but as an experienced totalwar player I expect the vanilla game will be unchallenging and not make the most out of the engine, so after a test game or two I intend to play with a mod. The question is which one? A quick search tells me there are two big overhaul mods; the Steel Faith Overhaul and Radious' mod. I read the descriptions of both of them and they more or less appear to have the same goals, which sound appealing to me: increased campaign complexity and difficulty, longer battles, more faction uniqueness, and unit balance improvement. Additional units and more lore-friendliness are nice boni. I was wondering if anyone has played both mods, and what you think their strengths and weaknesses are vis-a-vis. I am primarily concerned about the single player GC.

cheers,

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Overhaul mod comparison

Go with Steel Faith. It doesn't bloat you with mass amounts of units like Radious' mod, at least tries to stay faithful to the source material (lore), and it will still give you the tactical and strategic depth that you seem to be looking for. The battles are not quite as long as Radious' battles are, but they are more than sufficient in giving you time to enjoy your battles. Magic is stronger than vanilla, and feels just about right. The economy is rougher on you than in Radious' mod, making you more wary of your actions, so in that aspect it promotes some thinking (though as with any TW game, it gets easier as you paint the map). Certain units like the Blood Knights and Chosen will have really small unit sizes compared to vanilla, as will all of the monstrous units, but they have all been beefed up and really do feel like the bad***es that they are made out to be. Chaff units, like zombies and goblins, have had their unit sizes increased, too, so they will feel a bit more horde-like.

Overall, Steel Faith Overhaul will give you a better experience, imho.

I concur. Steel Faith is pretty good. Unit selection is tight and focused, and you have to work at the economy to get it going as Pilgrim said.

I installed it, and haven't looked back since.
    Forward, march!

There isn't a definitive overhaul for Warhammer yet. Radious has its fans but in my opinion the asymmetry largely disappears and just a mess of units are added along with really slow battles. Steel Faith stays a bit closer to TT and lore and does improve magic but also has a few imbalances in the attempt to make horde units where they feel quite a bit weaker to me.

Go ahead and try either of those mods but ideal play for now is probably a mix of mods that enhance UI, units, magic, AI, etc.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I loved Radious for Attila, but it was more difficult and added a large amount of what I felt were high quality units made by DramaBelli and others.

This time, however... Go with Steel Faith. It's not perfect, but it's better than Radious. Besides, it has several high quality unit pack submods that you can find on the workshop, especially the ones ported by FlamboyantSchemer.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

There are hundreds of mods out there, the overhauls are, with a few exceptions of uniqueness, often filled with changes that can be found in other mods. By the time I have heard of Steel Faith, I've already had a compilation of mods that do what his project was already trying to achieve, so unless you want some sort of bundled package deal, IMO the best thing is to find what's right for you.

The other bad thing about overhauls is that they are obviously inflexible due to the many things they add (or modify or remove). As a person that likes a bit of this and that, overhauls are not my cup of tea; in the meantime I've since found and used a number of mods that fit my preferences.

This isn't to say they suck of course, there's a reason why they are popular. It totally depends on what you are looking for out of mods. Steel Faith is all about trying to be close to Tabletop as possible, obviously some will care about that very much and some don't.

This honestly sounds like it might be the case for OP, since the reputation of Steel Faith and Radius fits the bill of "lore friendly" and "more units". Which leads back to what makes mods good: you can pick and choose, there are some mods that are effectively pieces of the overhaul mods, in the event that some people prefer X and not have Y, whereas an overhaul mod like Steel Faith or Radius tends to have X, Y and Z.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I installed both mods and played a few turns. It does seem as though Steel Faith has the more challenging campaign opening due to increased upkeep costs. I also prefer the smaller unit sizes for elite units, so I will go with that one for now.

@daelin4

I hear you. Since I have not played TW:W from the start the sheer quantity of mods is a bit overwhelming, so I figured one of the popular overhauls would give me a good starting point without spending too much time on research. I also assumed that good gameplay mods that improve campaign or battle AI would be integrated into the bigger overhauls by now, as is the case for many good Medieval II mods. That said the steam workshop makes it a lot easier to add and remove mods than in the old days.

REQUEST:
    Could someone kindly create a mod that gives the ability to Conquer Anywhere, but that doesn't allow you to have any gate/garrison in the towns captured if the town isn't your faction-type, please?

REASON:
    This would allow aggressive factions to push into territory of non-traditional enemies, but with much weaker defense, so owned territories should naturally return to traditional areas.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast