Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Warhammer I & II & III Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Warhammer I & II Mod Questions & Recommendations

someone knows if the Kaedrin'd mod manager for Warhammer II works well ? when i click on launch the game crashes instantly. Dunno if this is the right topic. thx to everyone.

Been playing TW:W I with Radious mod, it was fun, I liked unit variety (even if not very lore friendly) but inflated economy and constant pumping out stacks upon stacks of unit always bummed me out. Finished Vortex in TW:W II a while ago in vanilla, and now looking for new playthrough both Vortex and ME with mods.

I'm torn between Steel Faith and Radious. Never used Steel Faith before but many folks recommend it and I'd like to give it a shot, but unit variety in Radious is a big interest point for me. So, I'm looking for either submodes or mods compatible with Steel Faith which expand unit rosters (f.e. actual unit division by God for Chaos, i.e. Khornites, Tzeentchites, Nurglites, Slaaneshites, etc). Or mods that pull economy and upkeep to vanilla levels for Radious mod (each one I found was pretty heavily outdated).

Recommendations would be very welcome.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I finally got my GPU (after 10 years with an HD4870) and I'm enjoying Warhammer so far, but I really dislike the visual design of some Empire units, they feel too skinny and with just a bit of cloth on them.

Is there any good quality mod that makes empire soldiers (specially higher tier units, like greatswords) look more over-the-top and fluffy? I'm really not getting a Warhammer vibe with them.

Something more like these:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edit: for now I'm using MEN OF THE EMPIRE - Empire Unit Reskin, it does improve the issue a bit.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; December 07, 2018 at 12:30 PM.

Mwulf's Avatar Civis

Are there any good UI mods? Looking for something in particular that would increase font size, as I'm having a hard time reading the text (and for some baffling reason CA include a text scaling option, but only lets you scale the UI and font DOWN).

Also I'm curious if there are any mods that affect loading times? Loading screens in W2TW are taking 3-4 times longer than those in R2TW or S2TW, yet the usual time-waster (AI turns) cycle through lightning-fast for me.
    "What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power, and those who flatter them, hide in safe places and extol war--people who force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, sending them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war... mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites?"
    -Yang Wen-Li

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Go to Steam Workshop, type "font" in the search toolbar, and 1 second later:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...xt=larger+font

Second question, yes there are mods that affect loading times. Mods which add units, playable factions, etc are usually making them LONGER.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

A post moved here.

Carry on.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Do anyone know if it is possible to make any non-missile units into missile? Im currently trying to apply range option for empire mages, modified "missile_weapons_tables" and "projectiles_tables", fixed "Primary Missile Column" in Land_units. In game their stats looks correct, but when are in range of enemy unit they got shooting status, but just stands still. Is it even possible to do, or Im just doing something wrong?

Patrician Artifex

You probably need to use an animation for a range unit if you want them to use range attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    You probably need to use an animation for a range unit if you want them to use range attacks.
    Does that mean Im supposed to create new animations for that unit? I believe there are not missile animations for empire wizards.

Patrician Artifex

That means if you don't do that, which is a hard work, it won't work.. So maybe a modding goal that may require to reduce ambition

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456