Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't Work

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

Default Doesn't Work

I've installed everything as the informations said. Put all the packs in the data folder , done. Starting the game , it's still the vanilla.
    User.script has exactly what it needs to have. Any ways to make this work?
    Edit: The only things that changed are that the main menu music doesnt work anymore and the names of the factions.
    Last edited by john duca; August 19, 2016 at 01:22 PM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Doesn't Work

All the others who made it work well... made it work.
    So it can work. Do you have maybe another mod that could conflict?

I installed the mod on a clean version

Patrician Artifex

Maybe one file is missing?

Checked. No , all files are there.

Patrician Artifex

Can you post your userscript and a screenshot of your data folder?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	339775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	339776

Patrician Artifex

I am not sure if this is sufficient to create the problem, but you don't have Prussia_UI in your data folder.

Yes. It works now , thank you ! The mod is great!
    I noticed that Romania is only in the custom battles , are there any plans of adding them to the main campaign?

Patrician Artifex

They are in the main campaign, as an emergent faction.

I mean as a playable faction in the main campaign

Patrician Artifex

No, in 1805 it's not independant. Same as Scotland, Brittany, Ireland, Catalonia, Greece, Norway....

Good Day Steph...
    i didn't know where to ask his question so i found a place that was relevant to my issue using your mod.
    i have a clean installation of NTW using steam.
    Ive installed your mod with attention to instructions and updates. my user script is in the right location. the mod files are in the right spot as in your instructions.
    I'm currently playing as Spain. one problem... you had said that forts were now gone however i found some one in Gibraltar... and the other was in Sardinia. i dispi9se fort battles for multiple reasons but i wont get into that. once i loaded the screen into the battles and noticed ooooh its a fort yayy... i fought brilliantly until waxing all his troops (in both occasions) i had a crash. it was as if the AI refused to admit defeat and just stole my victory. so i had to auto resolve the battle with crippling casualties sustained by the auto resolve but hey it adds to the difficulty.

my 2 questions are .. will i run into more forts? if so can you tell me o the best of your knowledge which cities will have forts?? and
    the music in the game is causing issues. Ive tired to look for the file that you guys altered in the game to make the campaign music keep looping over and over and over it happens in battles only.. . could you please point me out the file i have to go into and alter to stop the music from looping over and over. its just driving me nuts.
    i played the LME mod before yours and i noti9ced the music didn't loop in their mod so i figured it was a file that was altered to do that. if you could point me in the right direction i would be very grateful. thank you for all your hard work doing this project. and for the time reading this. good day

Patrician Artifex

Forts are an unfortunate side effect of the new building system. I use the fort slot to place the administrative building, so I have more free slots for the barracks type buildings. But apparently CA hardcoded the fact that a level 1 or 2 building in this slot always gives a fort in battle, even if I disabled the fort effect for this building. The forts disappear when reaching level 3.
    The only way I see to get rid of this would be to make the admin building level 3 at start (and so be be able to actually have only 2 possible upgrades).

I don't understand your issue how music. You just said it's causing issues without describing them. Can you explain what you want to get at the end (not the way to do it, the final result).

i understand about the forts now and it makes sense to me why they are still around. thank you for making it where the AI cant make new forts.

ok the music issue. what i noticed is whether its custom battle or campaign as soon as I'm in deployment phase of the battle... music begins playing as if I'm ALREADY in combat (or made contact with the enemy force) which i found strange. i sometimes rely on the music changing tempo or even tracks itself to let me know that its not just a skirmish ... that the enemy is committing to a specific spot and the real battle is beginning.

the music track never changes... ever. so its constantly playing the same piece of music over and over and over. so since thins only happened when i installed the mod i came to the conclusio0n that you had to alter a file with "events" maybe?? or somewhere else that is causing this music issue.

also i cant get pass Sicily fighting for the capital, halfway through the fight napoleon total war doesn't respond and it crashes.. ive played it over and over and in past updates of the mod i've never had an issue and the music wasn't doing this. is there a pack file that has a loop in it during battles that you can point me to see it it'll fix my crashes? thank you for any help that you give me.

what i want is the music of the game itself not tampered with so i can go in and have a mini mod installed to replace the vanilla music without conflicting with Masters of Europe. noooo offense to you Steph i just like classical music that fits the time period. another wish i had but i understand if you shoot me down is the musket sounds.

musket sounds
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Musket-Sounds

music mods i enjoyed in the past
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...LEON-TOTAL-WAR

favorite music mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tern-Overhaul*

Patrician Artifex

The sounds are defined in the sound_banks, which are integrated in MoE__Main.
    It's not possible to have a submod for that, soince the sound_banks are compiled and you cannot "mix" them. You could however use a mod where the sound files have he same name, and so replace the music itself, even if you cannot change its definition.
    I'll check about the loop, maybe there is something wrong here I can correct.

But there is yet one more bug with CA engine... I tried to have the music culture specific, which should work in theory: the sound configuration file allows defining different music for different culture (at least european / ottomans). But when I tried to change it to use my faction specific culture (ie France, Britain, etc), it had no effect, and the same music is always played.

also i cant get pass Sicily fighting for the capital,
    Can you be more specific? What factions are involved? Does it crash when you take command of the battle? You could still auto solve it.
    Does it happen in any other battle?
    Do you have a save game?
    Since the musics are generic for battle, I don't see why the music would make this battle crash and not the others.

i opened up MoE_Main found the sound_banks and than i couldn't open it any further. ill keep researching it.
    so the sub mod does replace the vanilla soundtracks that MOE still have. its just in battles that the issue arises of it looping.
    if there is no way to have a music mod added to the greatness of MOE than will you and your team be changing the vanilla music and adding classical music tracks to it?
    the links i posted are really good tracks in my opinion.
    so to get it straight you guys made the battle sounds and battle music loop over and over part of the main mod... so there's no way to actually alter the boring vanilla music?
    as for replacing the music itself wouldn't fix anything because the loop would still exist in battles.

as for the crash in campaign. Im playing as Spain, forced the nobility to revolt and give me a better king. invaded Portugal and took it, invaded Gibraltar and took it. Sardinia was giving me crashes so i auto revolved it attributing the crashes to the buggy fort battles. so i invade Sicily. beat the little field army that was standing. move to take the capital, halfway through the battle the game stops working..
    last crash was when i killed the enemy general.
    another annoying thing is when i zoom in to the enemy ranks .. the enemy is always saying "cavalry... cavalry... cavalry" non stop... in english. its almost as if when you click on a unit they speak what unit they are for example... you click on one of the guard units and he yells.... "Spanish royal guards!" only the enemy always seems to be screaming "cavalry... cavalry... cavalry" very annoying.
    ive noticed also that the begging Spanish generals are skins from Empire Total war regular line cavalry skins.. so i disbanded all the starting generals because looks to me is everything. the ambient music works well as far as explored regions go so no problem on the campaign map itself.

Patrician Artifex

The cavalry bug sound should be corrected but I have not released the correction yet, probably this week end. It is said when the artillery fire, (probably a mix up somewhere, for a sfx when the shell hit the ground or something like that).

What is the exact issue with the general skin? Can you give me an example of general with a wrong skin?

The sound_banks cannot be edited easily. They are compiled, you'd need the symphony tool, but it is complex.

I'll check about the loop, if I can fix it. It will probably keep the vanilla music as a base, but then if the loop is corrected, you could replace the music itself with a submod.
    I think it is better this way, because not everyone like the same classical music as you do. Personally, I'd rather have some generic "battlefield ambient sounds" than music, I think it breaks the immersion in battle.

Best if everyone can just replace the music.

I'll probably make at some point a mini submod, with just the battle music inside, so everyone could just replace the sound files keeping the same name.

understood on the cavalry issue.

the general skin... um the best i can describe it is the Spanish generals.. the ones you begin with on the campaign once your in the battlefield if you zoom in on the general's bodyguard they are not right one. they are skins from empire total war cavalry. its super easy to re create. just start a campaign with Spain and take any one of the starting generals and see for yourself. i've notice the generals skins are also tied in with custom battles too (same issue) i only know this because Spain is my favorite country to play with.

take the general that stationed in Madrid in the beginning of the camp in 1805 and zoom in on him once you're in deployment phase..... once you recruit new generals they don't have that problem and the correct skins are available for the general and his guards. so to fix this issue although i loose the best general in the begging of the game i disband him and the rest of the begging generals because of the issue with the skins. i'm so sorry my english is not very good.

about the music. yes if you can find that annoying loop and destroy it problem solved. i'm more than ok replacing the vanilla music with a sub mod of my personal liking since you are correct in the fact that not everyone has my tastes in the music for this game. question... is there a way to recruit units from other countries I've beaten in my wars without actually owing said countries... for example if i go into Portugal beat them and just liberate the country ... could i recruit units from them or do i have to maintain personal control of the region to do so. reason for that question is because i like to use protectorates as buffer states once napoleon starts conquering territory after territory. worst comes to worst i could just conquer the land recruit the soldiers and than "give it to an enemy" than just attack the town again and liberate it. once again Steph thank you for all your work. i know you get this alot but we do enjoy you're mod very much.

Patrician Artifex

The game engine would not allow recruiting units if you don't own the region. If you have a protectorate, then they will recruit their own units (and normally give you a few, but after this you cannot recruit them.

You always recruit local troops: so if you want to recruit Portuguese units, you need a barrack in Portugal. In your barracks in France, you'll recruit only French soldiers.

Personnally, I have "capture" a region, I don't see this as a simple annexation, but more as a very close control.

Like if as French I capture Bavaria, to recruit Bavarian units there, I don't imagine Bavaria are new French department. I imagine it's still the Bavarian kingdom, but with a very strong French influence, to the point where the recruitment and control of the army is done virtually directly by the Emperor.

About Spanish generals: good spotting! I forgot to duplicate the variant of the generic generals for the named generals. But since they have the icon./info card I didn't notice that!

I'll correct it tomorrow.

Strange that no one noticed that earlier, the bug has been there for quite sometime now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast