Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Of Kings and Men - Persistent Medieval War

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Of Kings and Men - Persistent Medieval War

Of Kings And Men (formerly known as Melee:Battlegrounds) is an independently developed, third-person multiplayer “Persistent Medieval War” game.Set in 13th century with both European and Eastern influences, you play as a character in a vast open world full of alliances and conflict, with an emphasis on player-driven experiences.Find your play-style in Of Kings And Men with an abundance of different weapons to choose from, including Swords, Axes, Maces, Polearms, Lances, Spears, Bows, and Crossbows. Master the unique and straightforward combat system to crush your enemies. There are no predefined classes meaning you can create your unique warrior fit for the battlegrounds.Construct, Explore, Fight; it is up to you to choose your role within the world.

I've come across this game recently and I've been very impressed by what I've seen. The gameplay it has been advertising is exactly the kind of gameplay we've been going for here, only it's the main purpose of the game, rather than a byproduct like in Minecraft. Essentially it's a strategic 200-players-per-server version of Mount and Blade advertising lots of player-driven diplomacy and strategising with the (eventual) addition of building persistent settlements. It's currently in open beta until the 25th of August when it will go into Early Access. They're focusing on the combat in these early stages to get it completely right before moving on to the other stuff. I think it's something we could really get involved in.

Open Beta details
    http://forum.ofkingsandmen.net/index.php?topic=665.0

Recent Twitch stream with lots of good information, starts at 01:36:00.
    https://www.twitch.tv/twitch/v/84269009
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Vicarius

Default Re: Of Kings and Men - Persistent Medieval War

but can i build gamey forts

Looks amazing.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Yeah downloading it now, looks good.

Looks way to good to be true, way to good, like game from my dreams kind of good. Although Mount and blade 2 also seems to content for this

I would love to play that game with you all.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

0/10 not enough perfect cubes, and thus no Chunks.

So would the community establish their own server and set things up like in minecraft now, or would we move to an already established server and have one large faction together (either one sounds good to me, they both have perks)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCalifornian View Post
    So would the community establish their own server and set things up like in minecraft now, or would we move to an already established server and have one large faction together (either one sounds good to me, they both have perks)
    The second one I would imagine, maybe even join a preexisting faction dependent on how many people join.

Yes, there's no way we'd get 200 people on TWC. We could start by all being in one faction.
    Last edited by 123brogan; August 18, 2016 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 123brogan View Post
    Yes, there's no way we'd get 200 people on TWC. We could start by all being in one faction.
    And even then we probably won't get more than 20, we should check in the rest of the forum, there might be other guys interested that don't come here.

I imagine there will be a new subforum of TWC in the "Other Games" section devoted to Of Kings and Men.

I like this idea a lot.

Is this game out already, also would be interested in playing as 1 faction.

It's been released on Steam today.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/430440/
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

What's up with this? Has anyone played it?

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Really interested too. This server's looking increasingly quiet but if we all banded together on a larger server on this game we might become a force to be reckoned with, and since this game's been built for PvP the actual combat mechanics will hopefully not be so obviously broken and given zero thought.

Unfortunately there's not much to it at the moment. The devs planned to release 'The Epic', a kind of strategic map where four kingdoms fight against one another by moving around troops on a board game kind of thing, where the battles are then scheduled the next day and fought in real time by players, but it's been delayed. The only thing they have at the moment is standard team deathmatch, capture the flag kind of thing. The open world stuff isn't planned until way later.

I wouldn't mind giving Rust another go if people are interested in playing something else, there's been quite a lot of changes since we last played.

Sure, I'm up to it.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Sure, what's new in Rust? Should we find a larger server and join as a TWC faction?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast